Days of Future Past X-Men Filmverse: A Timeline.

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
This is the time line of the X-men Film Universe as we know it. I have taken a few liberties with dates, such as the goings on of X-Men in terms of the “not too distant future” in order to give a date to these events. Let me know what you guys think and we can use this timeline to make some sense at some of the characters’ ages in the films, etc. I did not exclude X-Men Origins: Wolverine, because, as it stand right now, it is still cannon. Plus, it features Jackman, so it's going to be hard to eliminate from the series....

2005: Worthington Labs perfects its cure for the "X" Gene and announces it to the world
- Scott Summers is killed.
- Jean Grey returns as the Phoenix.
- Beast rejoins the X-men.
- Magneto and Mystique are cured of their powers.
- Charles Xavier is killed.
- The Phoenix and Jean Grey are killed.
- Beast is promoted to an Ambassador of the U.N.
- Magneto begins to regain some of his powers
- Charles Xavier transported his consciousness into another body.

2003: Mutants go public.
- Nightcrawler’s attack on the president
- William Stryker dies.
- Pyro joins the Brotherhood.
- Jean Grey is killed.

2002: The X-men (Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Logan) first face Magneto at Liberty Island.
- Wolverine joins the X-men.
- A mutant registration act is proposed by Senator Kelly.

2000: Jimmy "Leach" is found by Worthington Labs as the key to create a cure to the mutant "X" gene. They begin work on "The Cure".

1995: Warren Worthington III’s mutant powers manifest.

1988: Ororo Munroe's powers manifest at the age of 12.

1986: Jean Grey is recruited by Eric and Charles when she is 14.

1985: The end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- Logan is on the run “for 15 years” until the start of 2000’s X-Men.
- Scott Summers and the rest of the kids are found by Charles Xavier in the fall of 1985.
- Kayla Silverfox is “murdered” by Victor and Logan undergoes Weapon X procedure.
- Scott Summers powers manifest during spring of 1985 at the age of 17.

1979: Logan is part of Stryker’s team.

1975: Logan and Victor are “killed” by firing squad.

1962: X-men: First Class events take place, introduction of the X-men and the Hellfire Club.

1955: Charles Xavier meets Eric Lensherr at the age of 17. Lensherr is approximately 22 (assuming he's about 12 in 1944).

1944: Eric Lensherr’s powers manifest.

1845: Logan, then James Howlett’s, powers manifest and he and Victor go on the run.

Feel free to add to it, comment, and speculate.

-R

Last edited:
Few things, cause I'm a nerd for these films.

Erik's powers manifest in 1944. X-Men: First Class takes place predominately in 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Jean was a young girl when she met Xavier and Erik. Which would place it before Xavier recruits Cyclops in XO.

If Wolverine is on the run for 15 years, as implied by Xavier, then X1 would take place in 2000, according to your 1985 assessment. X2 takes place only a few months after the first film. I'd say X3 is a year TOPS from X2.

Few things, cause I'm a nerd for these films.

Erik's powers manifest in 1944. X-Men: First Class takes place predominately in 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Jean was a young girl when she met Xavier and Erik. Which would place it before Xavier recruits Cyclops in XO.

If Wolverine is on the run for 15 years, as implied by Xavier, then X1 would take place in 2000, according to your 1985 assessment. X2 takes place only a few months after the first film. I'd say X3 is a year TOPS from X2.

I thought it was 1944, but was far to lazy to pop in the DVD for the one date, so I estimated, changed it.

Didn't know that about X-men: First Class.

The actress playing Jean was 14 when she filmed X3: The Last Stand. These last two questions are when it gets tricky.

If X3: The Last Stand takes place in 2006, and Jean is 14 when she is recruited 20 years prior, than she's recruited in 1986ish.

However, added to the next point you had about Logan and his 15 years running--when did X-Men take place? It becomes tough, because some dates are set (America pulling out of Vietnam) and then it carries on logically from there ("6 years later" and such) and others you have to guess to arrive at.

My solution, is to have X-men take place in 2002 and adjust it from there.

-R

It is very tricky! And the trickiness begins with XO and now First Class. There are no dates in the first 3 movies. But since First Class and XO put exact dates on events, it makes figuring a time line extremely difficult!

It is very tricky! And the trickiness begins with XO and now First Class. There are no dates in the first 3 movies. But since First Class and XO put exact dates on events, it makes figuring a time line extremely difficult!

Yeah it does!

I figured it would be a fun thing to try and give a (more or less) definitive map to use so we can guesstimate character's ages and such.

Like if Gambit is 23 in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, than he's 49 if X-Men 4 were to take place in 2013....

Things like that, lol.

-R

Not bad.

There are some other known dates to add from the novelisations. I will post them later. They may or may not line up.

And there were dates shown/hinted at in some of the films too. In X1, Xavier says he 'when i was 17 i met a man called Erik Lehnsherr' and Magneto says 'I first saw her in 1949' when they are near the Statue of Liberty. I believe a TV news bulletin in X2 states 2004, but i may be wrong.

What you've put together seems about right.

The update time line seems pretty dead on. :up:

That little girl was supposed to be a 14 year old Jean Grey???

no way she was 14... but I guess that's nit-picky

also, the movies were " in the near future", so I'd think the events x2 and x3 were a little later than that... didnt x3 come out in 06?

Yeah, it did. But the tricky part is that the first film came out in the "not too distant future" of 2000, but has to line up properly with the actual dates mentioned in films and with the matter of months separating it from the next two sequels...it's hardly an exact science...

The idea was to get as close as possible...It's just about impossible to make a concrete one, but to make an accepted one was the goal. Just something we could go by when guessing character ages, who could appear in this and or future films, etc.

-R

Hm, remember that Jean meeting Xavier was "20 years ago" From X3. So, maybe that would be 1985, at 13 years old. And then meeting Scott in 1987, he would be 16 years old. So that at least puts them at the same age.

So where does Emma's reduction in age fit this timeline?

I'm hoping one day these constant, constant annoying questions that have been answered 100,000 times will just... stop. :)

this timeline is impressive. something tells me that you guys thought it out more than the guys at FOX lol

Gonna have to give some credit to JP for some crucial edits.

As far as Emma, I guess we'll just have to go with the assumption that there are two pretty blondes named Emma who can turn into diamonds and the Emma Silverfox from the 1980s is NOT Emma Frost "The White Queen" of the 1960's.

Also, it's interesting because if we can assume that the young boy in the cage at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine is Quicksilver, he seemed to be about 17. Meaning Magneto had Anya in the mid 1960's and conceived Pietro and Wanda around 1969-1970.

Maybe, they'll have adapted Anya to having been a bit older at the time of her death and it will have already taken place when we meet Magneto in X-Men: First Class. If X-Men: First Class takes place in the early 1960's maybe Pietro and Wanda can be born in 1963-64 and be about 20 when Logan rescues them at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

-R

This timeline is absolutely superb. I'm really surprised you were able to make so much sense out of this.

And that's the great thing, this timeline ACTUALLY DOES MAKE SENSE :D

Just to add some dates from the official novelisations, some of which fit, some of which don't. But as they're printed in an official book adaptation, they are worth considering.

From the X1 novelisation:

1986 - Scott Summers' powers emerge, at the age of 17

1988 - Storm's powers emerge, at the age of 12

From the X3 novelisation:

1985 - Xavier and Magneto visit Jean (Xavier described as 'thirtysomething' in Jean's thoughts)

1995 - Angel discovered by father hacking off wings in the bathroom

2000 - Jimmy/Leech, who becomes the source of mutant cure, is first discovered by Dr Rao (cure serum not then fully developed)

(Main story is in a section with a timeline of 'Now')

Last edited:
Just to add some dates from the official novelisations, some of which fit, some of which don't. But as they're printed in an official book adaptation, they are worth considering.

From the X1 novelisation:

1986 - Scott Summers' powers emerge, at the age of 17

1988 - Storm's powers emerge, at the age of 12

From the X3 novelisation:

1985 - Xavier and Magneto visit Jean (Xavier described as 'thirtysomething' in Jean's thoughts)

1995 - Angel discovered by father hacking off wings in the bathroom

2000 - Jimmy/Leech, who becomes the source of mutant cure, is first discovered by Dr Rao (cure serum not then fully developed)

(Main story is in a section with a timeline of 'Now')

Added, thanks!

-R

Added, thanks!

-R

There is some contradiction on the Storm date of 1988.

in Wolverine, there was a deleted scene where we saw a young Storm. it was when Logan walked away from Team X. The scene on the Blu-ray gives the actress's age as nine (if i recall correctly).

There is some contradiction on the Storm date of 1988.

in Wolverine, there was a deleted scene where we saw a young Storm. it was when Logan walked away from Team X. The scene on the Blu-ray gives the actress's age as nine (if i recall correctly).

Yeah, it doesn't jive.

But, luckily, we can count it as deleted for the sake of making it work in the filmverse.

What's going to be really interesting, is to see how much more info we get in X-Men: First Class as to dates, etc... Not to mention The Wolverine.

Will be fun.

But if we're able to make a timeline of the films we already have, then we should be able to work those two into the timeline as well.

-R

1986: Jean Grey is recruited by Eric and Charles when she is 14.

Sha wasnt 14 but 11

In x-movies timeline, Scott is the 3rd Xavier's pupil among actuals x-men (whereas hes the 1st pupil in comics)
Hank was recruited in 1st class in 60's
Jean went with Xavier 20 years ago as child before x-men trilogy
Scott followed Xavier 15 years ago as teenager before x-men trilogy
Ororo comes as original x-men too in trilogy
(They must make a movie which focus on these 4 originals!! )

Then in 2000's: Wolverine (joined in X1), Nightcrawler (joined in X2 then left -see X3 game-), Iceman Rogue Colossus Kitty (promoted in X3), and Angel (joined in X3'end).

Sha wasnt 14 but 11

In x-movies timeline, Scott is the 3rd Xavier's pupil among actuals x-men (whereas hes the 1st pupil in comics)
Hank was recruited in 1st class in 60's
Jean went with Xavier 20 years ago as child before x-men trilogy
Scott followed Xavier 15 years ago as teenager before x-men trilogy
Ororo comes as original x-men too in trilogy
(They must make a movie which focus on these 4 originals!! )

Then in 2000's: Wolverine (joined in X1), Nightcrawler (joined in X2 then left -see X3 game-), Iceman Rogue Colossus Kitty (promoted in X3), and Angel (joined in X3'end).

I'm cool with all of this, and all for a prequel with just the four of them (Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm) but where does it ever say Jean is 11 when she's recruited? She's played by a 14 year old actor in the scene (that's the only indication of age we get) and mutation occurs at puberty, so for her to be that powerful at 11 would make her one early bloomer.

-R

WOW awesome timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"