X-Men: The Last Stand (a revised screenplay)

I do love the revised screenplay, kept all the best parts from the actual film and got rid of most of the plot holes left. It's nice to see that Rogue, Mystique, Scott and Angel got more screen time. And you managed to sneak in Gambit and Emma Frost, kudos for that. (Maybe this is what Bryan Singer's X3 film could've been.)

Thanks. I'm just now beginning the process of writing a sequel, so that should be up in a few weeks. Keep an eye out.

Cleaned up a few of the posts. Please, provide feedback, as well as what you'd like to see in a sequel.

Hey Boba, excellent job with the revised screenplay. If X3 had actually been like this then I actually would've liked it lol.

In terms of a sequel, I pressume you are planning on reinserting all of the depowered mutants as the cure was ultimately proven temporary/ineffective?

Aside of keeping the core cast going strong as they should (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix) I would like to see some of the younger X-Men get action bits and maybe small subplots. (Iceman and Rogue always a plus, Kitty, Angel fighting would be awesome and maybe bring back Nightcrawler).

No reset buttons, here. The cure is permanent, as I think that's an infinitely more interesting direction in which to take Erik and Raven anyway. The young X-Men will definitely be getting more screentime, especially Angel. You can also expect the return of Nightcrawler. Wolverine will be less prominent, though, although still a major character.

that was an awesome screenplay Boba Fett....I`m alittle dissappointed Colosuss and Kitty didnt fight Juggernaut together and that you didnt build alittle more on thier relationship....other than that...it was awesome IMO

I know you already finished this draft. However I thought of something that maybe you might have liked in your revision. I am pretty certain that the idea the writers had for Wolverine stabbing Jean comes from Phoenix:Endsong (Even the line That's better) is from there.

If you wanted to add a little more depth to the turmoil Jean has between controlling her powers and if you'd like to keep the sequence where Wolverine goes up and stabs her melting, you could have done this.

In Endsong when Phoenix rises from her grave and Wolverine stabs her like that he doesn't kill her, he only weakens her a bit if I recall correctly. When he and Cyke argue about facing Jean in your screenplay you could have Wolverine just goto her melting and stab her like the movie but instead of killing her she is weakend like in Endsong. Then she sends Wolverine flying or something like that but the point is that you can show her struggling with gaining control a bit while this happens and this also can help Cyclops when he goes up to her because she is no longer full power burning everything and she's consciously also fighting to stop it.

I know you are now working on the sequel but it's just a thought in case you wanted to delve a little deper in Jean's struggle and keep Wolvie's heroic march.

Eh...I prefer Cyke's heroic march. :yay:

As for Peter and Kitty, they get a lot more development in X4...I purposely left it open for more development, since I knew they wouldn't fit into the framework of this film more than they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"