X-Men - Part 8

So three new X-Men members in 2018? Well its nice to see Gentle be upgraded to a X-Man but random choice. Nightcrawler is in Gold so eh. I kinda miss Namor in the X-Men, it'd be interesting to see her interaction with Phoenix but I prefer other classic X-Men to be in this like Dazzler, Psylocke and Sage. X-23, eh. I guess they needed to fill the Wolverine knock off seat just like in Gold and Blue.

I don't really know the other two and their design isn't interesting, so my hope for a new X-Men staple isn't gonna debut in this.

Rogue or Gambit has been confirmed. Likely Gambit since he has ties to Laura. I really hope Taylor doesnt make this Wolverine and the X-men though. Im not a fan of Gabby on here. He's doing it to give her more exposure, but really she should just be a supporting player; not on the main roster

Rogue & Gambit is a duo, not a X-Men team. I'm a bit less excited now that I see the roster for Red. This decade really lacks of new faces that could rival the classic X-Men. Like when I think of the 80s, I think of Rogue, Betsy and Dazzler. The 90s, Jubes, Gambit and Bishop. The 00s, Emma and in a way, Sage though both old characters. But this decade, no one really new.

Rogue or Gambit has been confirmed. Likely Gambit since he has ties to Laura. I really hope Taylor doesnt make this Wolverine and the X-men though. Im not a fan of Gabby on here. He's doing it to give her more exposure, but really she should just be a supporting player; not on the main roster

I don't mind Gabby, and I'd love for more Gambit. :)

Rogue & Gambit is a duo, not a X-Men team. I'm a bit less excited now that I see the roster for Red. This decade really lacks of new faces that could rival the classic X-Men. Like when I think of the 80s, I think of Rogue, Betsy and Dazzler. The 90s, Jubes, Gambit and Bishop. The 00s, Emma and in a way, Sage though both old characters. But this decade, no one really new.

Reread what I said. ONE of them is joining Red. Not both. They arent a packaged duo and exist as separate characters unlike Laura and Gabby right now

There are two characters on the team not depicted on that cover, one of which will be either Gambit or Rogue. I think Taylor will have the freedom to do more with new and underdeveloped characters. Sometimes A-listers get "stuck" so they don't lose their iconic status. I want to see more risks!

I'm hoping with members seemingly doing double duty, it'll free up slots to replace them in Gold.

I'm hoping with members seemingly doing double duty, it'll free up slots to replace them in Gold.

I hope not. Gold sucks and has been damaging to all characters in that book. I'd rather Guggs keep the characters he has and not be allowed to add anyone else. I think Limbo is a better spot than being in that roster

Gold needs a different writer but the title should continue, its the new Uncanny X-Men. While Red is gonna be the Astonishing/Adjectiveless counterpart. And Blue as the All New series.

Though I miss that in the mid 2000s, we had Adjective less/New, Uncanny and X-Treme we had three squads of the X-Men, and they were under 1 roof despite a lot of the new members only lasting for a dozen of issues. I just miss the days, when Cyclops is the head and there's 3 squads and the knock offs and the younger versions aren't one of the main focuses. Now the X-Men are scattered, there's 4 to 5 Wolverines, alternate versions are everywhere and the new faces feel more disposable than ever. This is the reason why I wanted the Terrigen Mist to have major repercussions to the mutant population, so they could look back and focus with the mutants that they have left (which are still plently) and not introduce more disposable mutants. I just don't like the current direction of the comics post IvX and the time displaced O5 isn't really going anywhere or as the other alternate versions.

Last edited:
Is anybody reading Weapon X? I'm reading it, but man is it boring. Nothing about the plot is interesting and Weapon H just feels like something a 10-year-old fan created. I'm glad that that plot seems to have wrapped up (I don't look at future solicitations and spoilers, so I don't know for sure), but this book just feels pointless. I'd rather see Warpath and Domino elsewhere.

Weapon H sounds horrible. Plus I can't tell what they are doing with Creed. Does he still have the good Axis whammy on his morality? And/Or still mourning Logan by breaking good?

Gold needs a different writer but the title should continue, its the new Uncanny X-Men. While Red is gonna be the Astonishing/Adjectiveless counterpart. And Blue as the All New series.

Though I miss that in the mid 2000s, we had Adjective less/New, Uncanny and X-Treme we had three squads of the X-Men, and they were under 1 roof despite a lot of the new members only lasting for a dozen of issues. I just miss the days, when Cyclops is the head and there's 3 squads and the knock offs and the younger versions aren't one of the main focuses. Now the X-Men are scattered, there's 4 to 5 Wolverines, alternate versions are everywhere and the new faces feel more disposable than ever. This is the reason why I wanted the Terrigen Mist to have major repercussions to the mutant population, so they could look back and focus with the mutants that they have left (which are still plently) and not introduce more disposable mutants. I just don't like the current direction of the comics post IvX and the time displaced O5 isn't really going anywhere or as the other alternate versions.

The X-treme was not under the sme roof as the other X-men. The entire premise of the book was that it was a global team on the go

But their home base was still the X-Mansion. Its not like in Blue/Gold and post Schism in which both teams are really separated.

Is anybody reading Weapon X? I'm reading it, but man is it boring. Nothing about the plot is interesting and Weapon H just feels like something a 10-year-old fan created. I'm glad that that plot seems to have wrapped up (I don't look at future solicitations and spoilers, so I don't know for sure), but this book just feels pointless. I'd rather see Warpath and Domino elsewhere.

I started to, but bowed out before the Weapon H crossover.

Last I checked, Creed was still inverted. Which has been an interesting change to the character.

Axis has to be one of the stupidest events ever. I hated the inversion stuff. What is Department H?

A branch of the Canadian government that sanctioned, supported, and monitored superhuman activity in Canada. It also oversaw the country's officially endorsed superhuman team, Alpha Flight. When Alpha Flight died in battle against the Collective, Department H officially shut down as well. (Omega Flight, Canada's subsequently endorsed team, was created as a part of the Canadian Secret Intelligence Service.)

I started to, but bowed out before the Weapon H crossover.

Last I checked, Creed was still inverted. Which has been an interesting change to the character.

I hated it at first but Bunn made me love Sabretooth on the X-men. The worst thing to end from that book was his subplot with Monet

At least they picked up the Monet story almost right away, instead of letting it remain in limbo with the relaunch.

I didn't mind Axis to be honest (Carnage as a hero was pretty awesome), but I was never a huge fan of Sabretooth and Havok remaining inverted. Mostly because there was no character progression to reach those points. It was just BAM! Good guy/bad guy.

I still don't like the change to Havok because it's been how long? And nothing's been done with it yet outside of him just kinda showing up here and there. Sabretooth, though, I've grown to like. I just wish they'd do more with him or at the very least define exactly what his morality is. I read but don't remember him much in Uncanny Avengers v2, but Bunn's Uncanny run was decent with him in it. And then in Weapon X he sorta feels like the same old Sabretooth without the bloodlust. Sorta like what he would have been if the X-Men could have cured him back in the 90s.

I just wish they'd really focus on the plot of him being an X-Man with all that he's done and all that jazz. I feel like they were just like, "Well, Victor's a hero now. Make him an X-Man. Cool?" And then the rest of the X-Men were like, "Sure, works for us."

I didn't mind Axis to be honest (Carnage as a hero was pretty awesome), but I was never a huge fan of Sabretooth and Havok remaining inverted. Mostly because there was no character progression to reach those points. It was just BAM! Good guy/bad guy.

I still don't like the change to Havok because it's been how long? And nothing's been done with it yet outside of him just kinda showing up here and there. Sabretooth, though, I've grown to like. I just wish they'd do more with him or at the very least define exactly what his morality is. I read but don't remember him much in Uncanny Avengers v2, but Bunn's Uncanny run was decent with him in it. And then in Weapon X he sorta feels like the same old Sabretooth without the bloodlust. Sorta like what he would have been if the X-Men could have cured him back in the 90s.

I just wish they'd really focus on the plot of him being an X-Man with all that he's done and all that jazz. I feel like they were just like, "Well, Victor's a hero now. Make him an X-Man. Cool?" And then the rest of the X-Men were like, "Sure, works for us."
To be honest, the only person on his squad that would care would have been Psylocke. Archangel was a mindless drone. Monet had no history with him. Magneto was a former villian and Mystique nor Fantomex were in a position to judge. Its not like Sabes came and took up residence at the X-mansion with the likes of Storm, Logan and the kids. I think Bunn dropped the ball not having there be more tension between Sabes and Psylocke given their personal history

To be honest, the only person on his squad that would care would have been Psylocke. Archangel was a mindless drone. Monet had no history with him. Magneto was a former villian and Mystique nor Fantomex were in a position to judge. Its not like Sabes came and took up residence at the X-mansion with the likes of Storm, Logan and the kids. I think Bunn dropped the ball not having there be more tension between Sabes and Psylocke given their personal history

You know what... you're right. My last statement was stupid being that I don't know if he actually joined the X-Men officially. What I meant was that it's been this long and Sabretooth turning over a new leaf is a big deal. SOMETHING should have happened regarding it by now. Him and Havok both.

Apparently they are doing "post credits" pages in comics in Jan about the whereabouts of Logan.

sigh.

Okay... so walk me through the past two issues of Cable because, maybe it's just me, but I feel like nothing in this story makes sense continuity-wise.

If I'm looking through these right, the whole story is taking place 13 years ago. Cable and Shatterstar know one another so this takes place post-New Mutants 100, and being that he's still in his white costume it takes place prior to X-Cutioner's song. So that's only a 2 or 3 year gap. But then Longshot is there in that same time period despite the fact that Longshot would have been in Mojoverse during that time. But I suppose I can overlook that and just assume he came back for a visit. And Doop being involved is fine. But then they keep mentioned the X-Ternals being dead, and they all died WAY after X-Cutioner's Song.

But then "the next day" Cable picks up Armor from the Xavier Institute. WHAT? She wasn't even created for another decade. And then they grab X-23 in what appears to be her pre-X-Men days (she has no idea who Cable is), but she should have been a prostitute or at least a VERY young child pre-X-Men instead of the costumed woman here.

And then there's Blink who, for some reason, the writer decides to introduce in the EXACT same manor as when she returned during Necrosha but with different characters/circumstances (save for Selene).

I don't know... am I missing something? I thought maybe it could all take place somewhere around Civil War when, if I'm remembering correctly, Shatterstar has his white costume and of course the X-Ternals had been long dead... but that still doesn't really work with the 13-years ago time frame (as that wasn't even 13 years ago real time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"