X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats terrible news. X-force is one of the best comics out there

Bleeding Cool seems to pretty accurate when it comes to this stuff.

Not always. Weren't they the ones saying Bendis would take over the whole or majority of the X-line, but now he's, thankfully, only doing one book?

Not always. Weren't they the ones saying Bendis would take over the whole or majority of the X-line, but now he's, thankfully, only doing one book?

Not sure, you seem to have a bug up your ass about them though.

Bendis is starting with one book but he's confirmed that he will be doing more. He's going to build on them like he did in Avenger. New Avengers eventually branched Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers, and later Avengers Assembled. He's planning on doing that to the X-Men but on a quicker scale.

So yeah, I'd say Bleeding Cool was fairly accurate on that one.

How many "X-men" team books will there be in Marvel Now? WatX, Astonishnig X-men, and Bendis' All New X-men? Xmen v3 is staying as is or getting a relaunch??

I think we're a bit in the dark still Havok. While they've announced those titles they might still add 1 or 2 titles with the extinction team members depending on how AvX ends. Perhaps marvel doesn't want to spoil anything......or this is actually all we're getting and I'm giving them too much credit. :o

Bendis is starting with one book but he's confirmed that he will be doing more. He's going to build on them like he did in Avenger. New Avengers eventually branched Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers, and later Avengers Assembled. He's planning on doing that to the X-Men but on a quicker scale.

Everything I've ever read off there has been accurate and any of the other stuff Hippie Hunter has posted from them has always been true.

How many "X-men" team books will there be in Marvel Now? WatX, Astonishnig X-men, and Bendis' All New X-men? Xmen v3 is staying as is or getting a relaunch??
I believe X-Men vol 3 is sticking around. I keep seeing new solicitations for it. I think the newest cover with Domino is for November's issue.

Last edited:
I believe X-Men vol 3 is sticking around. I keep seeing new solicitations for it. I think the newest cover with Domino is for November's issue.

It's hard to say because they plan on doing things in waves from October to February. They may leave X-Men for the last round of relaunches.

Don't forget X-Men Legacy, which will star Legion in the NOW era. Also, X-Treme X-Men is supposed to continue with the wannabe-Exiles formula. Peter David's X-Factor seems to be rolling along as usual for the foreseeable future too; I guess sales are consistent but low enough that they don't feel the need to change anything with that series.

It's hard to say because they plan on doing things in waves from October to February. They may leave X-Men for the last round of relaunches.
Preferably cancelation. I know many people hold Brian Wood in high regards and IGN is even reviewing this book well, but the two issues I read from him did nothing to make me wanna buy this title again.

Not sure, you seem to have a bug up your ass about them though.

I just don't treat them as the be all, end all of comic book news, because they're not. They deal mostly in rumors and half-truths, and it annoys me a bit when I see people get all up in a snit in something that's not confirmed. It's unnecessary stress that people give themselves and I don't think it's worth the time until it's confirmed somewhere more reputable. And I will freely admit I'm not a fan of the guy who runs the site. I remember when he was still back at IGN, he posted a story saying Shoreh Aghdashloo would be playing Cecelia Reyes in X3, but in truth was playing Kavita Rao, and he later went on to attack those who called him out on it before and after. So I also don't like to give time to people who are *****.

Where'd he say that, I must have missed it.

Don't forget X-Men Legacy, which will star Legion in the NOW era. Also, X-Treme X-Men is supposed to continue with the wannabe-Exiles formula. Peter David's X-Factor seems to be rolling along as usual for the foreseeable future too; I guess sales are consistent but low enough that they don't feel the need to change anything with that series.
The new Legacy is my jumping off point. I've stuck out that mundane title in hopes of it getting better, only to be dissappointed every month. And I have absolutely no interesting in following Legion. Now my X-collector mind can be happy know I have the entire X-Men/Legacy run and still no longer have to put up with a mediocre book.

I just don't treat them as the be all, end all of comic book news, because they're not. They deal mostly in rumors and half-truths, and it annoys me a bit when I see people get all up in a snit in something that's not confirmed. It's unnecessary stress that people give themselves and I don't think it's worth the time until it's confirmed somewhere more reputable. And I will freely admit I'm not a fan of the guy who runs the site. I remember when he was still back at IGN, he posted a story saying Shoreh Aghdashloo would be playing Cecelia Reyes in X3, but in truth was playing Kavita Rao, and he later went on to attack those who called him out on it before and after. So I also don't like to give time to people who are *****.

Well, I agree with the first half, which is why I made sure that I put the word rumor in the post. It's the same problem I had with the first Marvel NOW promo by Quesada. People were making assumptions about a new costume Spider-Man and Cap being "ultimized" when there has been no evidence of that to the contrary since.

As far as the site admin for BC, I have no clue who he is and I was never big on IGN. I'll take your word for it about the X3 casting thing.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate a little and say that since I've been reading Bleeding Cool I've found there stuff to be spot on and responsible reporting. They even have been putting up a checklist of the rumors they have posted and going back to give themselves a report card on how accurate they were. Not many sites do that. For all we know the X3 report may have been based on an IGN exclusive source and this guy didn't want to throw him under the bus when the report was wrong. He could have been getting defensive to protect their guy.

Yeah, Bleeding cool has been pretty decent with the MarvelNOW rumors.

I just read the X-Force rumor
Have no idea who the artist is, But I am really, deeply saddened about Way writing it.
He has literally never written a single thing I found to be even half-WAY decent (sorry, bad pun). His characterizations are awful, his humor is low-brow and not even remotely funny. Seeing the damn split personalities take over Deadpool in X-Force is going to kill me. And if he tries to bring in Romulus or any of that crap from his Wolverine run, I swear to God I'll burn down Marvel's offices....

At least I can move over to Uncanny Avengers, if Cassaday can keep a steady work schedule, that is.

The new Legacy is my jumping off point. I've stuck out that mundane title in hopes of it getting better, only to be dissappointed every month. And I have absolutely no interesting in following Legion. Now my X-collector mind can be happy know I have the entire X-Men/Legacy run and still no longer have to put up with a mediocre book.
I dropped it when Xavier left. I couldn't find anything interesting about the current mopey version of Rogue. Certainly not enough to actually read a whole series centered on her.

^agreed, Xavier was awesome in Legacy
The issue of him taking down the Acolytes may be the best Charlie moment ever, at least since I've been reading

Yeah, I liked how he dropped the morality clause about basically never using his power. It felt dangerously like denying his mutation altogether.

I dropped it when Xavier left. I couldn't find anything interesting about the current mopey version of Rogue. Certainly not enough to actually read a whole series centered on her.
Xavier being lead character is when I dropped the book. He's good as a supporting character but I dont care for him in a solo.

Here's a copy of the letter I wrote to the X-offices about X-Force:
(put it in spoiler tags so it wouldn't take up all the space)

Dear Marvel,

I have been keeping up with all the latest news and developments pertaining to the MarvelNOW! initiative quite intently. I am very excited about a number of upcoming titles that will be released. However there is one book in particular that has become very near and dear to me that I fear for in the New Marvel age. That book, is Uncanny X-Force.

It would be impossible for me to do justice in my praise for the work of Rick Remender. He has taken a team no one thought would work, and made it into one of Marvel's most consistently excellent monthly titles. It's for this reason that I have continued to buy the comic in spite of recent economic hardships. With literally no extra money to spend, I have continued to scrape together the nearly 10$ a month for this title. I have at times forsaken food just to read this comic and uplift my spirits.

So now, rumors circulating on Bleeding Cool indicate that Daniel Way may be taking over the title under MarvelNOW! This upsets me greatly.

I understand that Deadpool remained popular enough to run for over 50 issues. However, this version of Deadpool-- and in fact, all of Mr. Way's writing projects for Marvel-- have failed to strike a chord with me. I find the humor in the title to be grating, low-brow, and altogether not very funny. The "split personality" dialogue boxes are irritating at best, and immersion-destroying at worst. I also found Wolverine: Origins to be sorely lacking in any sort of appeal. I know that I am also not alone in this sentiment, as I frequent many forums where comic readers like to discuss their favorite properties. We are all quite frankly terrified that our favorite book is going to be reduced to mediocrity and cancelled. The critical scores for these titles on sites like IGN also indicate agreement from professional reviewers.

I do not wish to put down Mr. Way's skills as a writer, however, I needed to voice my concerns.

If these rumors do turn out to be true, I will give it a couple issues to impress me. But if it fails to do so, I will have to look elsewhere to spend my meager income.
Uncanny Avengers looks very promising, and if Mr Cassaday can keep a consistent schedule, I may move on to that title.
Otherwise, I may need to look to the cheaper independent titles on the shelves.

Thanks for reading my rant.
Make Mine, Marvel

[email protected]

I am very happy :D

He and Bendis were great on New Avengers for a year or two and I'm glad that they're paired again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"