World X-Men The Animated Series Appreciation Thread (1992-1997)

Green Goblin 1964

Superhero
Reaction score
One of the BEST comic book cartoons out there EVER. Now show your love for the show of true awesomeness. If you haven't seen it yet then you should be dead or you can watch all of the seasons here!

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/2/4505

This show had a lot of action, classic villains, and stayed true to the kick A$$ comics....

Now show some appreciation to...

THE X-MEN!:xmen::xmen::xmen:
13121-xmenlogo.jpg

Another thing that i loved about this show was it's theme song, which is now a classic to us X-Men fanboys.....

Saturday Morning Cartoons Just Don't Get Better Than This , Bub.

Oh yeah!

I grew up in love with this series, and i definately made it a point to watch each and every single episode when it originally aired on the FOX channel on Saturday mornings. Absolutely loved it. Each character on the show was nicely fleshed out and given their moment to shine which was extremely satisfying to a then-hardcore X-Men fan. Even went ahead and bought the entire series on eBay some years ago because I enjoyed the series so much.

Such an awesome show. :up:

Oh yeah!

I grew up in love with this series, and i definately made it a point to watch each and every single episode when it originally aired on the FOX channel on Saturday mornings. Absolutely loved it. Each character on the show was nicely fleshed out and given their moment to shine which was extremely satisfying to a then-hardcore X-Men fan. Even went ahead and bought the entire series on eBay some years ago because I enjoyed the series so much.

Such an awesome show. :up:
i agree truly Amazing!:up:

The X-Men theme is the tune of my childhood. Jesus, I can't get over how much I loved that show.

Awesomeness
drooliopj2.gif

One of my favourite scenes in the show happened early one when The Beast was being sentenced by the judge for his taking part in the "Night of the Sentinels" episodes, and suddenly Sabretooth shows up screaming for them to "let them go". Obviously, he quickly gets attacked, and Cyclops exclaims, "Come on! They're gonna kill him!" Which Wolverine coldly replies, "Good." :D

One of my favourite scenes in the show happened early one when The Beast was being sentenced by the judge for his taking part in the "Night of the Sentinels" episodes, and suddenly Sabretooth shows up screaming for them to "let them go". Obviously, he quickly gets attacked, and Cyclops exclaims, "Come on! They're gonna kill him!" Which Wolverine coldly replies, "Good." :D
LOL, I loved Wolvie in the series he was such a smart mouth....I mean the movies were wonderful but I don't think they nailed Wolverine like they did in TAS.:yay:

LOL, I loved Wolvie in the series he was such a smart mouth....I mean the movies were wonderful but I don't think they nailed Wolverine like they did in TAS.:yay:
Thats true.

I believe I was about 12 when the series began, and I for some reason, remember my Mother asking me why Wolverine had such a attitude on the show. I played the episode where Professor X is trying to reach Sabretooth inside the Mansion, and more specifically, the dialogue between Sabretooth and Wolverine where Sabs says something about how Logan simply "misunderstood" his intentions, and Wolverine response was something like, "Yeah right. You waste a bunch of my friends for no reason, and I... misunderstood?" After that, there wasnt any more reason to show why Wolverine had an attitude, especially towards Sabretooth. :)

Yes, it's little moments like that I wished we would have got in the films. As good as the live action films were, the animated series was just a bit better IMO.

This show is responsible for some of the biggest misconceptions about the X-Men ever... and it therefore sucks. :cmad: :down

Kidding. This show is easily one of the most memorable cartoons of the '90s and finally exposed audiences to the X-Men who otherwise probably never would have heard of them.

I really wish they would release this series on DVD.

I think we will see the series soon on DVD.

im sure they notice all the fans begging for it. along with spiderman TAS.

aside from the arcade game, this was my first exposure to the X-men, teh franchise which 15 years later, Im still hooked on. My favorite cartoon series ever

So what was everyone's favorite episode or story arc? Mine was by far the Phoenix Saga. Loved seeing Jean take the lead and be the main character for a change and loved that she wasnt weak. I pretty much loved all the Scott/Jean centric episodes. Those were my best. I also loved Beyond Good and Evil, teh story which dealt with Apocalypse gatehring up teh psychics and saw the introduction of Psylocke

Phoenix Saga was pretty good. My personal favourite episodes are those from the first season. Mainly because those are the ones I mostly found myself watching more often than others. Although I did enjoy Season 2 as well for the whole saga with Professor X and Magneto having to rely on one another during their time trapped in the Savage Land.

So what was everyone's favorite episode or story arc? Mine was by far the Phoenix Saga. Loved seeing Jean take the lead and be the main character for a change and loved that she wasnt weak. I pretty much loved all the Scott/Jean centric episodes. Those were my best. I also loved Beyond Good and Evil, teh story which dealt with Apocalypse gatehring up teh psychics and saw the introduction of Psylocke
YEP! Mine was definetly Dark Pheonix Arc and Pheonix Saga....wonderful job with those two and even more emotion than in X3 IMO. LOVED IT!

I'm a big fan of the first and last episodes of the first season. I like the setup and the "conclusion" of the sentinel/X-Men dilemma.

I also like the first appearance of Juggernaut and the fact that the X-Men are forced to work together as a team to stop him... and, of course, The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas are among my favorites as well.

Yeah, the Juggernaught episode was pretty cool. Colossus was hilarious.

"You american girls, so strange." :D

I love the Phoenix saga too. Jean appeared to be so weak before it, she couldn't do anything by herself. And then, she becomes the uber powerful being. Marvelous and brought a lot of emotion.

I can still remember, when she's about to go to the sun, she mentions one character from each X-men member, like "Your friendship, your strenght, your...," and then we get an image of Scott and she says "Your love". That's one of the best scenes of the cartoon to me. Also, when Scott looks at the sun and says, very contrieved... "Jean" and the episode ends.

God I love it.

I also love "The Cure", "The Final Decision", all the Sinister ones, Dark Phoenix Saga, Juggernaut,etc...

Which season did you feel was the weakest of the 5?

there all good but which was the lesser of the goods?

I love this series. I remember after the first X-men movie Fox put the show back on air, and that's where a learnt a lot of how the actual X-men are. Really good show.

My least favourite season is probably four. Just because I think there are better story lines in other seasons, but it's still pretty good.

I love this series. I remember after the first X-men movie Fox put the show back on air, and that's where a learnt a lot of how the actual X-men are. Really good show.

My least favourite season is probably four. Just because I think there are better story lines in other seasons, but it's still pretty good.
yeah, I rewatched Season 4 and the arcs weren't as strong as the other seasons but like you said pretty good still...

I think we will see the series soon on DVD.

im sure they notice all the fans begging for it. along with spiderman TAS.
Disney owns the show, and hates fans. So theres no hope of ever getting it on dvd. Unless Marvel bought the cartoons from disney.

Disney owns the show, and hates fans. So theres no hope of ever getting it on dvd. Unless Marvel bought the cartoons from disney.
They should, unless Dinsey is asking for a ludicrous sum of money of course. Which probably isnt too far fetched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"