X-Men: With No Mutants?

DrChronic

Civilian
Reaction score
I was thinking, they were saying that the large percentage of people who read the comics are either gay, black, disabeld and, or from another country aka forigener... This of course is the Minority!

So i was think, could you imagin if X-Men 1 to 3 was really about Minorities, and no mutants?

Firstly the first movie would have Magneto trying to turn everyone gay! with a giant gaymachine, or inccidently turn everyone black! Turning everyone into one minority However the X-Men who are inccidently gay are trying to stop magneto forcing people to be gay. Its a strange concept when you take out mutants.

X-Men 2, straight people medically testing gaypeople, and somehow finds a way to irradiate them all with some mind control.

X-Men 3 - Straight people find a more perminate cure for gayness and issues it to gays who think they cant handel with the minority. However an emotional lesbian (phoenix) being twisted by a gay supporter (Magneto) tears apart the compound that made the cure for gayness however is stoped by the x-men.

Its weird, when you take out mutants and replace them with another minority, This movie sounds Inhumain on both sides of the minority. So why is X-Men execptible?

an emotional lesbian tears apart Alcatraz?? How??

How is Jean a lesbian? ... she made out with Scott... and almost had a chance to bang Logan.... Now tell me...what does the word Lesbian mean to you?

Because mutants like the X-Men aren't real so no one is insulted by the way they're shown on the screen

He isn't implying she's a lesbian, he's talking about what would happen if the metaphor of the X-Men were real, and they were all gay, black, asian, etc, and any other oppressed minority fighting for their freedom and acceptance. :o

OMG!!!!! How come you came up with an idea like that??? None of the characters is gay or lesbian, jeez!

Again im not saying that any of the characters are gay, Im just using this as a bases... The idea of the movie is about expectance. But mutants dont exist really in our world, well deformations or devolution has occured with a few people but thats not really to the extent of the Marvel Universe. What im trying to show you is, if we change the Minority instead of Mutants what if they were Gay! Then take a different look at the movie. I know Phonex isnt a lesbian. Im just saying look at the three movies from a different point of view as if it was a different minority!

of course, the x-men have always been a metaphor for minorities, and racism, as for it becoming more of a metaphor for homosexuals, ya, sure there a minority, and though, racism is still a issue effecting society today, gay rights is a public issue we hear about more, right now, with the gay marriage issue, and stuff. Though, if you think about it as a relative issue you hear about more these days, with the whole mutant registration act, and the fear of “mutants” being around kids, and not knowing what they are capable of, you could also, relate it to a metaphor for sex offenders. Think about what would happen if the government discovered a cure for sexually addictions, of that sort.

Decay said:
OMG!!!!! How come you came up with an idea like that??? None of the characters is gay or lesbian, jeez!

You, along with a few other people, have completely missed the point of this thread....

Sigh.

Spider-Fan83 said:
of course, the x-men have always been a metaphor for minorities, and racism, as for it becoming more of a metaphor for homosexuals, ya, sure there a minority, and though, racism is still a issue effecting society today, gay rights is a public issue we hear about more, right now, with the gay marriage issue, and stuff. Though, if you think about it as a relative issue you hear about more these days, with the whole mutant registration act, and the fear of “mutants” being around kids, and not knowing what they are capable of, you could also, relate it to a metaphor for sex offenders. Think about what would happen if the government discovered a cure for sexually addictions, of that sort.

But there still fears today in places of homosexuals being around children. I'm pretty sure here in England it's illegal for them to foster children or something along those lines.
And I wouldn't go as far as saying child sex offenders could be compared to X-Men. Yes, its similar in the fact of the registration, etc, but comparing them would be like saying child sex offenders should be fighting for their acceptance and freedom and would be right in doing so. Which is clearly wrong.

Mothling said:
But there still fears today in places of homosexuals being around children. I'm pretty sure here in England it's illegal for them to foster children or something along those lines.
And I wouldn't go as far as saying child sex offenders could be compared to X-Men. Yes, its similar in the fact of the registration, etc, but comparing them would be like saying child sex offenders should be fighting for their acceptance and freedom and would be right in doing so. Which is clearly wrong.
I am not saying, it was a metaphor for this, I was just pointing how it can be associated with many different things if you read in to it enough, and I wasn’t think of the x-men as offenders, (maybe the brotherhood lol) I was more thinking of the way the government treated them in the movies, was more like it with the whole registration act thing.
and no the sex offenders should not fight for there freedom, for whatever. I am not saying that in anyway of supporting that kinda thing.

Spider-Fan83 said:
I am not saying, it was a metaphor for this, I was just pointing how it can be associated with many different things if you read in to it enough, and I wasn’t think of the x-men as offenders, (maybe the brotherhood lol) I was more thinking of the way the government treated them in the movies, was more like it with the whole registration act thing.
and no the sex offenders should not fight for there freedom, for whatever. I am not saying that in anyway of supporting that kinda thing.

Don't worry, I totally understand what you meant :up:

Yeah, considering how the government treated them, etc, it is a lot like sex offenders, but then again its a lot like how homosexuals were treated in say, the 60's and how black people have been treated in the past too.

Mothling said:
You, along with a few other people, have completely missed the point of this thread....

Sigh.
No I haven't. I'm not an idiot! I just don't see anything in common between the super hero world and the world of gay people! Yes, I know they are a minority, that they are some time discriminated, but still they have nothing to do with mutants. It's sick to think about Jean being a lesbian and stuff like that.

Decay said:
No I haven't. I'm not an idiot! I just don't see anything in common between the super hero world and the world of gay people! Yes, I know they are a minority, that they are some time discriminated, but still they have nothing to do with mutants. It's sick to think about Jean being a lesbian and stuff like that.

(a) How incredibly narrow-minded of you. I have totally lost a lot of respect for you.

(b) There is a lot in common between X-Men and "the world", as you so delightfully put it, of gay people. And not only gay people, but disabled people, black people, asian people, women to some degree, and a lot more. X-Men is a direct parallel to the oprression and hatred that many minorities recieve simply because of something that they cannot help. They, like the X-Men, are put down, hated, humiliated, feared even, and generally made to feel less than they really are because of something that they have no control over.

The point of this thread was simply; what is all the X-Men characters were real, and instead of "mutant powers" they were among the minorities that we have in the world today; again, black people, gay people, disabled, etc.

One of the biggest underlying message of X-Men as a whole is about acceptance and allowing people freedom from bigotry and hatred and the chance to live their life peacefully. And here you are, talking about how lesbians are "sick".

Grow up.

Mothling said:
Don't worry, I totally understand what you meant :up:

Yeah, considering how the government treated them, etc, it is a lot like sex offenders, but then again its a lot like how homosexuals were treated in say, the 60's and how black people have been treated in the past too.

oh, I know, and when x-men were first made back in the those times, it was cutting edge stuff, but it loses something in translation today, with those issue not being as publicly addressed, or heard about as much (thought, still very much a issue) where the other issue is more relative today.

Spider-Fan83 said:
oh, I know, and when x-men were first made back in the those times, it was cutting edge stuff, but it loses something in translation today, with those issue not being as publicly addressed, or heard about as much (thought, still very much a issue) where the other issue is more relative today.

Yes, I do agree with you there. When the comics first came around there was a lot of things happening, to black people especially, that were very much closer in parallel.

It is sad to see though, that there is still oppression, though thankfully, not as severe.

Mothling said:
(a) How incredibly narrow-minded of you. I have totally lost a lot of respect for you.

(b) There is a lot in common between X-Men and "the world", as you so delightfully put it, of gay people. And not only gay people, but disabled people, black people, asian people, women to some degree, and a lot more. X-Men is a direct parallel to the oprression and hatred that many minorities recieve simply because of something that they cannot help. They, like the X-Men, are put down, hated, humiliated, feared even, and generally made to feel less than they really are because of something that they have no control over.

The point of this thread was simply; what is all the X-Men characters were real, and instead of "mutant powers" they were among the minorities that we have in the world today; again, black people, gay people, disabled, etc.

One of the biggest underlying message of X-Men as a whole is about acceptance and allowing people freedom from bigotry and hatred and the chance to live their life peacefully. And here you are, talking about how lesbians are "sick".

Grow up.

How incredibly narrow-minded of you to call me narrow minded! X-men is about tolerance but it has nothing to do with GAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like to think about that then go ahead but this movie has nothing to do with sexuality. And it's not about growing up it's a bout decency, if you know what that is!

Decay said:
How incredibly narrow-minded of you to call me narrow minded! X-men is about tolerance but it has nothing to do with GAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like to think about that then go ahead but this movie has nothing to do with sexuality. And it's not about growing up it's a bout decency, if you know what that is!

...Are you serious??

First you make a homophobic remark, then have the gall to call me narrow-minded and lecture me about tolerance?!

Also, X-Men doesn't literally have anything to do with todays oppressed minorities, we are talking about the metaphorial side of it.

Plus, why do you keep focuing on gay people? I talked about a whole range of minorities...

Mothling said:

Sigh.

Im glad someone gets what i was on about, people so miss read things i write it makes me mad sometimes.

DarknessOfDeath said:
How is Jean a lesbian? ... she made out with Scott... and almost had a chance to bang Logan.... Now tell me...what does the word Lesbian mean to you?

ditto^^

Decay said:

Wow wow wow wow, listen now, you have lived in a shallow world now havent you. Your not very PC thinking.

The world of Gays and the world of Mutants have very simulare situations...

Both have been persicuted for who they are
Both have had people exicuted because of what they are
Both have been singled out and looked down upon.

Mutants are a Minority, Just like Gay's Black's and French (sorry it was a cheap shot but well) The whole Marvel world was based on the concept of Minority and being excepted.

What im asking you is to see what the world would be like if other Minorities, Like Gays, Blacks, Jews, did what they did...

I mean Magneto tried to change the whole world into Mutants. A Minority
How would you feel if Magneto who was a gay guy (Of which sir ian mckellan proudly is) wanted to make a machine that turned every man gay and every woman lesbian? Think of the impact that would have.

Out of all the minorties, dont you think that the Mutants have it at an extreme level as i said look at the movies if it was based upon gays or jews?

And just remember THERE ARE GAYS IN THE MARVEL WORLD OR HAVE YOUR FORGOTTEN ABOUT NORTHSTAR OR ULTIMATE COLOSSUS? Im pretty sure Madrox is Bisexual as well.

DrChronic said:
Wow wow wow wow, listen now, you have lived in a shallow world now havent you. Your not very PC thinking.

The world of Gays and the world of Mutants have very simulare situations...

Both have been persicuted for who they are
Both have had people exicuted because of what they are
Both have been singled out and looked down upon.

Mutants are a Minority, Just like Gay's Black's and French (sorry it was a cheap shot but well) The whole Marvel world was based on the concept of Minority and being excepted.

What im asking you is to see what the world would be like if other Minorities, Like Gays, Blacks, Jews, did what they did...

I mean Magneto tried to change the whole world into Mutants. A Minority
How would you feel if Magneto who was a gay guy (Of which sir ian mckellan proudly is) wanted to make a machine that turned every man gay and every woman lesbian? Think of the impact that would have.

Out of all the minorties, dont you think that the Mutants have it at an extreme level as i said look at the movies if it was based upon gays or jews?

And just remember THERE ARE GAYS IN THE MARVEL WORLD OR HAVE YOUR FORGOTTEN ABOUT NORTHSTAR OR ULTIMATE COLOSSUS? Im pretty sure Madrox is Bisexual as well.

Exactly. Too bad Northstar is dead now. Madrox Bisexual? I need to start reading his comic now. Maybe he's been with his dupes too long. ;)

It's funny because if the OP had compared what the movies had been like if the mutants were replaced with a different minority like say..Jews or Non-Whites then I'm pretty certain that members wouldn't have responded so strongly and forcefully to the idea..

The X-Men comics were created during the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s, as a metaphor for tolerance and bigotry. They're mutants, instead of representing one specific race, religion, or lifestyle.

People take what they will from what they will based on their own experience. It's not specially a "gay" thing, or a "racial" thing. The way the story is told, it can be any of them. The good thing is that they're open to interpretation.

It's been prevalent in all 3 movies: the Nazi/Joe McCarthy connections in X1, creating public fear against mutants by using one against them (Nightcrawler's attack on the White House) and Bobby's infamous 'coming out' scene in X2, and the mutant cure in X3.

Makes it one of the more fascinating superhero stories. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"