X3:#1 Anticpated Movie

The X-Men 3 hype will begin soon...just you wait Mr. Underpants!

bgshw44 said:
actuallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

Its all about the man, hes back
superman.gif
:supes:

Greg's Previews features sections devoted to upcoming popular films. The numerical listing there determines which of those pages are visited the most by fans looking for updates. So it's hardly an indication of anything except that most people are clamoring for news on X3 right now.

By the way: I wouldn't be gloating about the Man Of Steel right now--that WB film's teaser isn't exactly garnering the hottest response OUTSIDE the realms of fanboys. :o

Well i visit a lot of site about cinema,(and i work on a french site too , Allo ciné) and the answer is good in majority..not a lot of fanboys on this sites you know..(and personnaly i have loved the superman teaser and i'm not a great fan of him)

^Which is usually the case with any comic book film adaptation. The BB teaser and the FF teaser didn't do much with the general public either. The trailer is the deciding factor. Wouldn't you agree?

I loved the SR teaser and I'm sure I'll love the X3 one as well. Looking very forward to the X3 teaser.........

lol edit :yup

Yes, the Batman one's were brilliant. I went to see it multiple times just to catch people's reactions and through-out it they were like "Ooooh, this movie looks cool, but wtf is it?" and at the end when the teaser showed Batman, everyone sort've gasped and a lot of times, the theater errupted in whispers. Hopefully, X3 has that affect, where people will be talking about it a lot after they've seen it.

Well now that you say it , i think your right..

It was not as popular with fanboys , not the general public..

and the same is happening with the Superman teaser.(from what i know)

Hopefull , the General public has that effect yes..:) :up:

Lightning Strikez! said:
By the way: I wouldn't be gloating about the Man Of Steel right now--that WB film's teaser isn't exactly garnering the hottest response OUTSIDE the realms of fanboys. :o

Sources? I've been to several other websites (TrekBBS, Batman-On-Film, BatmanFanFilms, BlueTights, ComingSoon! Boards) and talked with several other people about the new Superman trailer and they all say it looks incredible.

Then I show them the X3 teaser site and they're like, "Umm..that's it? Lame!".

But the teaser site is not the teaser trailer. Difference.

Jan Irisi said:
But the teaser site is not the teaser trailer. Difference.

So? At the time I showed it to people it said "teaser trailer" (that was later updated to "teaser site"). And it doesn't matter...it's all about the presentation, and SR clearly got the better impression.

It still is not the teaser trailer. The teaser which we will see soon. Then we can judge which made the better impression. You are comparing apples and oranges here.

Jan Irisi said:
It still is not the teaser trailer. The teaser which we will see soon. Then we can judge which made the better impression. You are comparing apples and oranges here.

So? It's media released that represents X3. Does it have to be the teaser trailer? Besides, at first it even said that, so it definitely got people thinking it was.

Unfortunately when I showed that to them it just weakened their interest in the film -- and a lot of the message boards I frequent have been liking the project less and less, with the arrival of Ratner, the complete change of crew, and all of this rumors of characters dying and what not.

Of course I'll show them the "teaser trailer" (or is it the second teaser trailer?) when it debuts but that's hopefully if I can persuade them to watch it, since they were pretty discouraged with what I showed them.

Seen said:
So? At the time I showed it to people it said "teaser trailer" (that was later updated to "teaser site"). And it doesn't matter...it's all about the presentation, and SR clearly got the better impression.

To my knowledge, only Harry Knowles said on his ain't it cool news title about this subject that it was a teaser trailer (his only mistake imo..even if i find him too extreme with the X3 production , that's his opinion, ..and he got a lot of points)

anyways , i fear that the Superman one will be the best of the two , yes , but we'll see..

Again, it is only fair to compare teaser to teaser, and not teaser site to teaser trailer. It was a mistake to call it a teaser trailer and they corrected it.

^^The website called it a teaser trailer and during that time it got a lot of people thinking that it was. It was a poor move on FOX's part and it definitely got people confused.

It was a mistake. Pure and simple, and they corrected the mistake.

i don't remember that at all..and,i was here at the moment the website teaser unveiled..

but,anyways, now everybody know the truth , so..

Jan Irisi said:
It was a mistake. Pure and simple, and they corrected the mistake.

yup ,so if that's the case ,then that would explain maybe harry knowles move..

Maze said:
yup , if that's the case ,then that would explain maybe harry knowles move..

And if I recall correctly, quite a few of his talk-backers pointed out the fact that it was not the teaser trailer, despite what it temporarily said, it was a teaser site.

Seen said:
^^The website called it a teaser trailer and during that time it got a lot of people thinking that it was. It was a poor move on FOX's part and it definitely got people confused.

You are blowing a very minute, size 1 fonted detail (that was up for only a few hours) way out of proportion. Now, if you really want to "take it there" with regards to comparing the two teaser sites, we can certainly do so--but I don't think you want to go there. :cool: Trust me.:o

seen said:
Sources? I've been to several other websites (TrekBBS, Batman-On-Film, BatmanFanFilms, BlueTights, ComingSoon! Boards) and talked with several other people about the new Superman trailer and they all say it looks incredible.

Then I show them the X3 teaser site and they're like, "Umm..that's it? Lame!".

:rolleyes:

That's hardly conclusive as those sites you've mentioned above are populated by fanboys--a group who is obviously going to be jaded from the get-go.

I am referring to general audiences aka the mainstream. That teaser trailer has NOT struck the same chord there. The reaction has been lukewarm at best. Besides, as one who has seen the SR teaser on the big screen twice now amidst general audiences, I can vouch for it myself personally.

Sadly, even my own 60-year old father said "That kinda sucks" and my father is not one given to slang terminologies i.e. "suck". And he is a major Supes fan. So go figure.

Coool! The Most Anticipated Movie!1 I Hope That Rocks!!! In The Box Office!!

Lightning Strikez! said:
You are blowing a very minute, size 1 fonted detail (that was up for only a few hours) way out of proportion. Now, if you really want to "take it there" with regards to comparing the two teaser sites, we can certainly do so--but I don't think you want to go there. :cool: Trust me.:o

:rolleyes:

That's hardly conclusive as those sites you've mentioned above are populated by fanboys--a group who is obviously going to be jaded from the get-go.

I am referring to general audiences aka the mainstream. That teaser trailer has NOT struck the same chord there. The reaction has been lukewarm at best. Besides, as one who has seen the SR teaser on the big screen twice now amidst general audiences, I can vouch for it myself personally.

Sadly, even my own 60-year old father said "That kinda sucks" and my father is not one given to slang terminologies i.e. "suck". And he is a major Supes fan. So go figure.

Again, I guess it matters who you talk to and obviously the audience you're sitting with. I've seen the SR teaser twice in theaters and it got good reaction. When Marlon Brando's voice came on, I literally got chills - especially at the end. If you're not a Donner fan, then you have a legitimate reason not to be excited. You'll have to wait for the trailer instead. Not only is it a fantastic teaser (better than the BB one and the FF one) it has been received well also - at least from what I've read and heard.

I have high hopes for the X3 teaser as well, so it should be interesting simply because both of these films haven't had the most positive start, so we'll see. Can't wait to see Kelsey..........

Lightning Strikez! said:
Greg's Previews features sections devoted to upcoming popular films. The numerical listing there determines which of those pages are visited the most by fans looking for updates. So it's hardly an indication of anything except that most people are clamoring for news on X3 right now.

Umm who outside of fanboys actually talks about movies that are 7 moths from being released. Oh, by the way, where is Xmens teaser trailer, thats right you arent getting one because Fox is gonna butcher this movie like the salkyns did when they fired Donner.

Lightning Strikez! said:

I wasn't impressed with the X3 teaser site, actually. Neither were any of my friends that I showed it to them -- at first they were expecting a teaser or actual footage, and then it was typically nothing and they were disappointed.

That response has been echoed on several other message boards that I frequent also.

Our responses are just as jaded then, since we're posting at a message board.

But I know you're going to "vouch" for your opinion -- I know your stance on SR. And quite opposite from your experiences, not strangely, I've been greeted to stellar reactions from the SR trailer -- not just from message board posters or personal friends but to many people in the theatre. As a big Harry Potter fan who's seen the film at least four times since release, the theatre reaction was immense -- cheering, gasps, clapping and much smiling.

Well, with all due respect I doubt 60 year-old fathers will be the target audience for SR. He's probably an oldboy purist, and like many they are quick to discredit the film for obvious reasons (The suit sucks! Routh looks too young! Blah blah blah!).

bgshw44 said:
Umm who outside of fanboys actually talks about movies that are 7 moths from being released. Oh, by the way, where is Xmens teaser trailer, thats right you arent getting one because Fox is gonna butcher this movie like the salkyns did when they fired Donner.

Um, this is borderline trolling. You seem like you are trying to incite something here, and frankly, we aren't biting. So please, tone down your posts or just leave, ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"