XBOX 360 v2.0

Hell no.

Rumor is that Core will be $200, Premium $300, and Zephyr will be $400.

Oh please, lets find cheap ways to hate on Microsoft.

Should original Gameboy owners feel pissed they don't have a GBA?
Should original DS owners feel pissed off they didn't get a DSL?
Should original PSone owners feel pissed off they didn't get a Dual Shock?
Should original PS2 owners feel pissed off they didn't get a slim?
Should original iPod owners feel pissed off they don't have a nano?

It's the nature of business (and electronics in particular) to evolve your product. M$ knows this better than most - and just because they don't follow conventional timelines shouldn't mean they alienate their customer base.

There is no feature (save for the smaller cpu) that the original v1 xb360's won't be able to upgrade to eventually. Heck, the v2 model hasn't even been officially discussed by Microsoft. I think all the current owners who are moaning about how "unfair" it is needs to step back, take a deep breath & gain some perspective.

Yeah but with all those examples, those upgrades happened at least a year, and in some, years afterwards. Oringal Gameboy owners mad over GBA? Thats really stretching it. And all those upgrades, especially the slim PS2, really aren't worth shelling out the money for it if you already bought it. But the Zephyr ,this is what should have been with the 360 and now they are realeasing it seperately with all the major things that the original 360 should have had. Its bull****. Don't get me wrong, I have a 360 and love it, but this is bull****. Especially for all the people who bought the 360 just recently with all the good games like Gears, Rainbow Six coming out now.

Yeah but with all those examples, those upgrades happened at least a year, and in some, years afterwards. Oringal Gameboy owners mad over GBA? Thats really stretching it. And all those upgrades, especially the slim PS2, really aren't worth shelling out the money for it if you already bought it. But the Zephyr ,this is what should have been with the 360 and now they are realeasing it seperately with all the major things that the original 360 should have had. Its bull****. Don't get me wrong, I have a 360 and love it, but this is bull****. Especially for all the people who bought the 360 just recently with all the good games like Gears, Rainbow Six coming out now.

Agreed. With GBA that was years and years after the original GB came out, and an entirely different system than before with different hardware. The gameboy color was even more advanced than the original GB, it's like comparing a PS to a PS2.

The PS1 smaller version, and PS2 slim both came out awhile after the originals debuted as did dual shock controllers for a PS1.

There is nothing wrong with upgrading. Usually it's to enhance an aging system to spark interest in ppl to buy it again. Like when PS1 had been out for a long time, and instead of dying they made the sleek models to hype it up again. In this case, like said above, the original 360 has been out only roughly a year. That model is what the original probably should have been. Those who bought one on launch (like my friend who isn't happy with the news either), shelled out the cash without knowing a little over a year later their console would be a lesser version. Upgrades are fine, but they shouldn't happen in just a little over a year. If they wanted to make this 2.0 version the standard, then it should have been there in the first place instead of after 10 mil were sold without knowledge a new one was coming out shortly after.

I will say tho that replacements are wishful thinking. MS is already taking a decent hit on money with Xbox, I doubt they'll take another huge hit and trade in old 360's for the newer versions. I do feel for you guys, but I highly doubt it.

Why are we all cracking it over Microsoft releasing another upgraded 360?

No one is saying we have to buy it. Just like they didn't push us into buying the Premium or the HD-DVD. If you want to use the 360 running with HDMI, then buy it. I'm one of those people that will just buy it because i'm stupid.

However a lot of other people out there can't just go out and do that. Microsoft won't scare those people away. Especially when we've all folked out of $1000 on the original 360, games and HD-DVD player (australian prices).

Buy it if you want it. I'm sure they'll release another upgraded HDD in the future. I don't know how the XBL movie service thing is going, but i've heard alot of people are after bigger HDD, so they give us that.

OH DEAR! WE'RE ALL SCREWED! ITS NOT LIKE MICROSOFT WILL RELEASE THE HARD DRIVE SEPARATELY, BECAUSE THEY'RE SO OPPOSED TO MAKING MONEY ON ACCESSORIES!!!

Give me a break. The only difference this will have is an hdmi port to run things sharper in 1080p on massive tv's. If you dont have a massive tv with an hdmi port (and furthermore, most hdtv's only have 1 or 2 max hdmi ports as is, so have fun using a very limited number of ports on a 360) you arent missing out on anything. CRT hdtv's are analog, so a digital connection will not offer you anything, especially since crt's are only capable of 1080i max. LCD, DLP and Plasma tv's may recieve a slight boost in picture clarity, but you really have to be a videophile in order to see the difference (not to mention if its an hdmi 1.2 port, and your tv has a 1.0 port, color banding can occur)

This is a neat upgrade, for sure, but other than that hard drive, are any of you truly furious at the fact you cant use hdmi on your 360? As far as the hard drive, anyone who is complaining about this is a goddamn loon. People have been begging Microsoft for a bigger harddrive since the video marketplace launched, and now that they're releasing one people are upset.

They just started to turn a profit on the 360. More than likely, this will just slowly phase out the old 360 with this one, and the bigger hdd's will be sold separately. That way, the cost of the hdmi port is only taken out of the 80 dollar-per-unit profit they make.

This won't be $400. I guarantee it.

georgezimmerportraitjp0.jpg

He's the dude from the Men's Wearhouse commercials

For once I think he should say " I guran-damn-tee it."

If you head over to www.ign.com into the 360 area, its got 'leaked' photos and reports about 360 2.0.

120GBHDD and a built-in HDD-DVD player....sounds interesting.
I can't see the link. I just got my 360 a month ago :cmad: I hope there's some mix up somewhere.

So wait. What does this thing do that's so much better than the 360 I've got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"