Xbox LIVE Update

Here in Canada, we don't get Netflix per se, but we do get to stream a few movies. I'm wondering if the Facebook and Twitter updates that are eventually coming will be US-only.
It seems like Facebook and Twitter would be easier to work out globally than Netflix, which requires movie rights and region changes and all kinds of technical junk. Facebook and Twitter, once you get an interface to work with them through Live, should logically be available to everyone all over the world since they're just web-based communities.

But you never know.

What about all the countries that try to ban/limit access to sites like that?

Last day for e-mails for previews. I should have said I play my 360, 60 hours a week. :(

We are paying for things that don't have a physical representation in real life. LOL

Don't get me wrong, they put a jedi cloak there and I'm f'ing on it like anything.

But I used to laugh at people who would pay real money for virtual things as in WOW.

Now I'm becoming one of those people. :(

LOL. That's so true with me as well. I only bring it up, because all the other props are 160ms points. I guess since it's Halo, it comes at a premium.

P.S. I'd be all over a Jedi cloak as well.

It's cool, but am I the only one who thinks 320 ms points is too much to spend on it?

I thought it was a bit high. Hence why I didn't purchase it. I did get the Halo 3 ODST ball cap though and apparently I'm the only one that can see it. My regular friends are unable to view it. Weird.

Is there a survey or something we have to fill out shortly or do we just enjoy the update until the full release?

On a side note the new achievement view (mirrors the dashboard view) in the guide is nice. Makes it way easier to see which achievements you need to get and you don't have to click on each individual one to view what it requires.

I've tested it and it does, but not all that significantly.

I re-installed COD4 which was 6.7 gigs, now it's down to 6.5.

I've got a 60 gig hard drive and I'm able to keep 4 or 5 games fully installed at any time.

Not sure how it does with other games, I'm sure they'll come up with a data chart sometime.

I haven't installed a game in months. I only have the 20GB HD and am juggling with under 10 GBs all of the time. I'm down to 4.4 now.

I'd only be able to hold one or two installed games on my 20 gig after I managed all my save games and DLC.

Switch up to the bigger one, it's nice to have free space.

So, you have to reinstall the games to get some more space saved?

I'm still not sure what the point of installing games is. I don't mind loading times unless they're obnoxiously long, and then I'll usually just declare the game a badly designed piece of crap and stop playing it.

So, you have to reinstall the games to get some more space saved?

Yes, sadly.

I'm still not sure what the point of installing games is. I don't mind loading times unless they're obnoxiously long, and then I'll usually just declare the game a badly designed piece of crap and stop playing it.

Faster load times, you don't hear the loud "WHIRRING" of the disc drive when you're playing, and it prevents wear and tear on the disc drive since it's playing directly off the hard drive.

Benefits outweigh the consequences, for me at least.

None of those are issues for me, so I've never even thought of installing anything.

Well if you can prevent wear on your 360, why wouldn't you?

Because Microsoft will replace it if it breaks (again). I don't think you get that much wear from, y'know, doing what the thing was designed to do, either. Unless my estimation of Microsoft's engineering standards is somehow too high, which I think is statistically impossible.

Meh, I'll decrease my odds of problems, any way I can.

:up:

I grew up playing PC games, so hardware problems are a natural part of the gaming experience for me. Not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"