XBox Live?

That is really all you need though. The system walks you through the rest of the process.

Cat 5 Ethernet cable as well. Or the wireless network adapter.

Shut up farmerfram. Cat 5 cable comes with the 360, at least the premium edition it does. And who would be fool enough to just get the core package?
And unless you want to shell out a ridiculous $100 for the wireless adapter, just use the ethernet cable it comes with, because you will be probably wanting to buy the gold membership as well if you plan on playing multiplayer.

Jerry said:
Shut up farmerfram. Cat 5 cable comes with the 360, at least the premium edition it does. And who would be fool enough to just get the core package?
And unless you want to shell out a ridiculous $100 for the wireless adapter, just use the ethernet cable it comes with, because you will be probably wanting to buy the gold membership as well if you plan on playing multiplayer.
I understand correcting somebody, but do you really need to say shut up? :huh:

Jerry said:
There's no need to act that way...be civil.

Jerry said:

Some people, like myself, need to use the Network Adapter because there is no router close enough to the 360. Plus you avoid the mess of wires.

Spidey-Bat said:
Some people, like myself, need to use the Network Adapter because there is no router close enough to the 360. Plus you avoid the mess of wires.

That's why I had to buy one, my room's upstairs, router's downstairs other side. I don't have live gold, but I still use it to download things, talk to friends, etc.

I could use an ethernet cable for mine, but I am allergic to wires :o

Thanks for the help peole! I am pretty dumb about electronics.
One more question, I am buying a HD LCD TV this week, do I need anything extra than what I'm using on my regular for it? Adapater or special cords?

Manwithoutpeer said:
One more question, I am buying a HD LCD TV this week, do I need anything extra than what I'm using on my regular for it? Adapater or special cords?

Nope. The special cables for that come with the 360.

Jerry said:

I have the premium edition for your knowledge, idiot.

Oh, and **** you.

:heart:

I didn't say you bought the core edition, I just said who would be foolish enough to buy it, its a waste. And the only reason I said shut up was playing off that little run in you had with ghostrider. Just a joke.

Ooookay, Jerry.

It's all good now.

Sorry for being hostile. :)

Spidey-Bat said:

Well, I don't know how true that is. Right now my 360 is in my room on the second floor. The router is in the basement, 2 floors down. Just a standard router, nothing special. But in order to connect to Live, I have to have the 360's ethernet cable connect to my laptop in my room which has a wireless connection to the router in the basement. The laptop has to be on and connected to the internet for Live to work. So its kinda complicated but it works and I am hardly ever booted from play, and GoW plays smooth as hell, no lag, nothing. No clutter from the ethernet wire because the desk on which my laptop is on is right next to where my TV and 360 is. And I didn't pay $100. Fershizzle. Suck on that Microsoft.

I guess you didnt pay $100 for the laptop then either? :o

*Stands for applause*

:(

Manwithoutpeer said:

You can use the regular composite cables you get with the 360 (make sure you put the switch to HD! too) or you can get the VGA cable instead.

I honestly like the VGA better than Composite. The colors do get a bit more washed out but you can fix that with color setting on the TV anyway.

Here is a comparison between the two that should help...

http://mattbrett.com/archives/2006/03/xbox-360-through-an-lcd-cable-comparison/

Mentok said:
I guess you didnt pay $100 for the laptop then either? :o

*Stands for applause*

:(

Actually I paid nothing for the laptop, it was a Christmas gift from last year.

*Bows*

Jerry said:

*Bows*

Can I have a laptop? PWEASE? :meow:

Jerry said:

*Bows*

You get gifts? I wouldn't expect anyone to like you enough to get one you.

Why? Because our baseball opinions differ? Takes a little more than that in the real world to be hated for. I suggest going out once in a while and learning that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"