Xena: Warrior Princess Comeback?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Silver Surfer, May 27, 2013.

1. Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

[​IMG]

Reboot with a new lead or Xena brought back from Samurai afterlife?

2. Tanin Vladeck

Without Kevin Tod Smith I'm just not interested.

3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I wouldn't be opposed to a new series if done right. I think it would be perfect for Starz and to have the Spartacus team work on it.

4. Drz Real Hero

I'd be more interested in a Blu-ray collection of the original, but the Milf stories of Xena, oh that fandom!

5. haephestus Registered

I'd be happy with anything to do with Xena: Warrior Princess, whether it's a mini-series, direct to DVD movie, a big screen movie, a Blu-Ray widescreen release of the six seasons, an animated series, a decent comic book series or even just some appropriately geeky merchandise like t-shirts, action figures, statues, Minimates or POP figures.

If it's some kind of live action production, I'd prefer them to use Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor in their original roles. They both still look great and they've previously expressed cautious interest in reviving their roles. Of course, they could do a "Star Trek" and use the original actors to reboot the series with new, younger leads. Alternate realities, time travelling and other science fiction tropes have all been part of Xena: Warrior Princess.

A combination of the best elements from "Sins of the Past", "The Greater Good" and "Callisto" would make for a pretty awesome reboot movie. They could even include Callisto since she previously attempted to time travel to save her family from dying as a direct result of (warlord) Xena's army. That event could instead launch a rebooted universe where Xena attacks Potideia, but Gabrielle convinces Xena to fight for the greater good and to defeat her own army.

6. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

That's funny you say that, since the production company behind the original Xena and Herc and all those shows also did Spartacus.

7. childeroland Registered

If Robert Tapert still has some measure of control over the show, I doubt that will happen, given the way Smith ripped into Xena (and Lawless) in the past.

8. haephestus Registered

I think there has been some confusion between Kevin Sorbo (aka Hercules) and Kevin Smith (aka Ares: God of War).

The former has made a number of inappropriate and disparaging statements about Lucy Lawless and Xena: Warrior Princess in the past. The latter unfortunately passed away as the result of an accident while shooting a movie in China.

9. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

:huh: You do know Kevin Smith is dead, right?

10. childeroland Registered

:doh: Yeah, never mind. My bad.

11. FLICK Registered

What did Kevin Sorbo say? He should thank Tapert and that whole crew. No one would know who he is if it weren't for them.

12. Nemi Murder Tramp

Things like that, mainly he just sounds like someone blaming everyone else for the fact that he isn't getting more work.

13. haephestus Registered

^^^^

The odd thing is that despite the fact that Kevin Sorbo has spread malicious and untrue rumours like the "affair" nonsense above, both Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert have tried to work with him every now and again. Rob Tapert even approached him about a role in "The Legend of the Seeker", but Kevin Sorbo refused to "audtion" for the role as he expected that he should simply be handed it on a silver platter.

And given that Kevin Sorbo used his own influence to ensure that his wife re-appeared in Hercules (and subsequently appeared in a few of his later movies), it's odd that he makes all these wild accusations about Lucy Lawless using her purportedly "lesbian" (according to Kevin Sorbo) feminine wiles to steal all the best writers, directors and production crew members from Hercules for her own show.

Here's a good summary of Kevin Sorbo's nonsense:

http://xenaonline.blogspot.com.au/2007/02/kevin-sorbo-has-issues.html

14. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Oh god yes more xena please?

Maybe they'll make a xena video game? Then they can keep Lucy Lawless!

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I will agree with KS that they shouldve had more crossovers. Esp with a big event like twilight of the gods, shouldve been a 2hr movie crossing over between the two.

16. Tanin Vladeck

Maybe he should find his own jobs... like most actors do.

17. Nemi Murder Tramp

The last time I heard an actor say he was too good for an audition was on Friends.....

18. haephestus Registered

There was a cross-over episode during the Twilight of the Gods arc. God Fearing Child in season 5 featured Kevin Sorbo as Hercules and was very much a "Hercules" episode from the writing to the villains.

I wasn't a fan of the cross-over episodes. Xena: Warrior Princess has it's own unique style and tone which didn't "match" with Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. The few cross-over episodes were either "Hercules In Name Only" (e.g. Prometheus and God Fearing Child) or were darker than usual for Hercules (e.g. Surprise and Armageddon Now).

19. kvz5 HBIC

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/xena-warrior-princess-reboot-nbc-809355

20. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Interesting idea. The original show had its merits, but it was hardly an untouchable classic IMO, so a remake or reboot could be pretty good.

21. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

They shouldn't omit Hercules. He pulled Xena of her dark path...at least in the ORIGINAL...

22. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

It's gonna be so weird. Lawless just has that kind of face.

23. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Yeah. I've been watching Hercules and Xena a lot on Netflix over the past few days. They were my favourite shows as a kid.

Lucy's eyes are so piercing. If looks could kill...

24. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Don't know who they could get as the new Xena, but I wouldn't like it to be exactly the same as the original series. I think I would like a different type of woman. Maybe one not so beefy.

25. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Well there is a bit of bad blood there so....dont see it happening.