Xmen Error this week?

Assassin

Detroit's Reckoning
Reaction score
Some one at my LCS noticed that all the Xmen Manifest Destiny #5 was just a cover and it had Xmen/Spiderman #3 which was scheduled to come out next week. Any one else see this?

Some Marvel fans who unscrupulously read their comic books in stores before buying them – a habit popularly known as Byrne-Stealing, in honor of former comics legend John Byrne– were amusingly vindicated on Wednesday, when it was discovered that behind the Humberto Ramos-illustrated cover of “X-Men: Manifest Destiny” #5 were the contents of an entirely different comic book, “X-Men/Spider-Man” #3 – which was not set to ship until January 14. The transposition is the result of a printing error.

Proper editions of both “X-Men: Manifest Destiny” #5 and “X-Men/Spider-Man” #3 will go on sale next week.

A representative from Marvel was unavailable at press time, so it remains unknown what if any steps will be taken to replace erroneous books purchased before the error was discovered.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19455

BTW, He actually sold out when he told every one about what book is under there, haha :up:

I bought one because i have the Action comics error and the All star batman and robin potty mouth ed.

All for cover price. :D

any one know why the DC Universe: Decisions #1 was recalled?

I was actually the one to catch the mistake in my comic shop. I thought about buying one in case the price increases, but I'd rather have the regular cover to Spidey/X-Men 3. Sucks though, I really wanted to read new Ben Reilly material.

So, is anyone gonna spill the beans? How was X-men/Spiderman 3??

So, is anyone gonna spill the beans? How was X-men/Spiderman 3??

Turns out it's not actually Ben Reilly who's in the issue, but rather a clone of Ben Reilly.

juuuuuust kidding! :D :p

Jesus you almost gave me a heart attack. lol

But is the issue good? X-Men/Spider-Man 3 that is. I really liked the solicitation description for it.
"It's radical...it's extreme...and if we coulda put a chromium cover on it, we would have! Put down your pogs and pick this up if only to feast your eyes on Mario Alberti's art! It'll make you say "Cowabunga, dude!"

So was it good?

I got the mixed-up issue, and I stopped reading X-Men/Spider-Man after the first issue for financial reasons that have just been rendered moot.

If it happened to every issue, I guess there goes my plan to exchange it at the comic shop tomorrow (assuming they'd take it back).

Good issue! I loved it, and great to see someone acknowledge the Clone Saga, instead of just making some clone joke. (New Rule for Spidey writers: We've heard the one-liners about the Clone Saga enough!)

I'm holding onto my issue. Not sure if the mix-up will be worth anything; but, I'm hoping it will. I looked on mycomicshop and milehighcomics, and they don't even list it; so, if they send back all their issues and don't put a price tag on it, maybe that makes it more in demand later on.

BTW, I encourage everyone to return their issues. Only makes mine worth more later on!

I brought this to my shop owner's attention. He was like, "Man, I gotta start reading those comic blogs again." :)

Haha...wow, that must have caused quite a stir.

I just opened mine up and discovered the problem. I was angry at first, but it will work out since I can read the actual issue wed.

My shop's owner has things bagged and boarded almost immediately after he gets them, so that wasn't really an option.

I picked up two extra copies before my shop was gonna send 'em back. I'm just tryin' to figger out under which title to list 'em in my list and the Comicbook DB.

Issues like this can be valuable later on, but I don't know if that will hold true if the whole run was like that. :( I might hang on to mine just the same, though I was surprised when I went to read it yesterday and saw it was messed up. (I am a little behind on my reading and didn't know about this thread until just now).

Cool I have it on order I wonder If my shop caught the mistake.

I picked up the mixed up issue and read it anyway since I'm also collecting X-men/Spiderman. It was actually a pretty solid read. I'll pick up the real Manifest destiny issue tomorrow and possibly a proper copy of X-men/Spiderman just for the collection depending on what else is out.

I went to my comic book shop today and the guy there didn't even know about the mistake. (Oddly enough, none of us customers complained about it either. I didn't bother to complain because I thought he would have already known about it by now, but I was wrong.) I would have thought that Marvel would have notified all the shops to tell them to pull the bad ones, but I guess not. He didn't even know about the reprints and he certainly didn't get any today to give to us. Did anyone else get a reprint today?

Got one as well, but my comic store didn't get any Manifest Destiny this week. So i just switched it with the real Spiderman - X-Men #3.

I missed both X-Men/Spider-Man and X-Men: Manifest Destiny this week. :o I have to go back and get them, but I may just wait until next week. Neither of them are super-important comics to me or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"