Event after Event after Event.

SouLeSS

Superhero
Reaction score
Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of every comic marvel is putting out now part of some big event, and when that one is finally over, they just start a new one.

Lets take Spiderman for example.

From last year, we had the Other. An epic event that will change Spiderman forever! :whatever:
We're currently on Civil War. An epic year long event that will change the face of the marvel universe! :whatever:
Next for him is "Back in Black". An epic even that will come from the ramifacations of his actions in Civil War. :whatever:
Directly after they're speaking of another event, though nothing has really been said. :whatever:

Where the hell did all the oneshots or 3part mini-arcs go that have no real relevance to anything in the spiderworld other than a 'well this was the 251 time I defeated Doc Oc'.

Cheese more. Most of the titles are doing this too. Xmen, Avengers, Hulk, FF. Well maybe not FF, but I don't really read that. :ninja: :dew:

wasnt 'the other' something that happened early this year?
and back in black is jus more promotion for the movie that comes out a lil while after. in which spider-man is wearing a black costume.

kieron39 said:
wasnt 'the other' something that happened early this year?
and back in black is jus more promotion for the movie that comes out a lil while after. in which spider-man is wearing a black costume.

it's an event

Im getting a bit tired of these events. It started with Avengers Dissasembled and the next year it was HoM and now Civil War. Marvel has already announced the big event for next year. I dont read DC but I know all about their Crisis stuff thats also been going on. Im ready for the books to just settle down

Hmmmm. Radical new concept im going to throw out here. Don't read them?

Ya know, you guys don't HAVE to read the flagship titles that are constantly getting mired in this. There's dozens and dozens of excellent smaller titles that have minimal involvement in these things.

There are also comics that don't take place in the Marvel or DC universes. Shocking, I know.

Simple policy to get the maximum enjoyment out of your hobby: Give new things a try, and don't buy it if you're not enjoying it, even if it's a character or book you're loyal to, why torture yourself? You'll just complain that it's not as good as it was.

Elijya said:
Ya know, you guys don't HAVE to read the flagship titles that are constantly getting mired in this. There's dozens and dozens of excellent smaller titles that have minimal involvement in these things.

There are also comics that don't take place in the Marvel or DC universes. Shocking, I know.

I must know more!:eek:

Would you like to become my padawan?

That would be like taking a demotion. :(

Elijya said:

Simple policy to get the maximum enjoyment out of your hobby: Give new things a try, and don't buy it if you're not enjoying it, even if it's a character or book you're loyal to, why torture yourself? You'll just complain that it's not as good as it was.

what if you read a flagship title and am sick of the events.....just drop them????

Elijya said:

Also ASM and F4 are perfectly readable stories at the moment even if you're not reading civil war, some won't make sense but jeez.

Finally, although I'm doing it myself you don't have to get every civil war books. If you regularly read ASM then civil war alone would be enough to fill in the gaps. Quit whining and ***** with your wallet, not your fingers

Here's a radiacal idea...these guys could just STOP with th' events and get back to tellin' decent stories! Th' events are just there to mask their horrible bullpen anyways.

I was expecting someone would be pushing Beyond about now.

Anyway, I love the events. And, Marvel will continue to do it, because the majority of comic buyers love it, also. For the first time in ages, Marvel had the top five spots for the month, and all of those comics were either Civil War or Civil War tie-ins. And, look at DC right now. People aren't picking up as many DC comics, because their big event is over, and there is really nothing big on the horizon to make you have to keep reading.

yeah, Civil War is popular whether you're enjoying it or not. You can complain all you want but the numbers tell a different story, and which do you think they're gonna listen to? A handful of posts on internet message boards and maybe a couple of letters? Or the hundreds of thousands of people voicing their opinions with their wallet?

Elijya said:
Would you like to become my padawan?

Is that the 21st century version of "Would you like some candy, little girl?"

I'd really like to make a joke here, but I already pissed off Darth yesterday. What kind of mod are you anyway, provoking us like that?

Will%20Smith.jpg

"Oh hell naw!"

iloveclones said:
I'd really like to make a joke here, but I already pissed off Darth yesterday. What kind of mod are you anyway, provoking us like that?

Theres a limit of 3 per day, and starting next month, im offering roll over insults for just $9.99.

DC has actually settled down quite a bit after their event. It actually seems less frantic in their titles than it does in the Marvel Titles.

You can only have so many crisis' at a time.

Oh, I agree. I think a big event should only happen every two years at the very least. I remember the days when big things happened within specific titles and didn't usually stray outside those titles and you didn't need company wide events. That can happen again but I think Marvel is too interested in you buying tons of books.

KingOfDreams said:
Oh, I agree. I think a big event should only happen every two years at the very least. I remember the days when big things happened within specific titles and didn't usually stray outside those titles and you didn't need company wide events. That can happen again but I think Marvel is too interested in you buying tons of books.

And people will continue to keep buying a ton of books, therefore fueling Marvel's agenda. And again, its your choice to read them or not. Two of my favorite titles have had no to little conatct with CW so far and thats X-Factor and Daredevil. X-Factor's CW tie-in was more a House of M follow up than anything.

Here is the result of all these events in Marvel and DC:
(in terms of me)
I don't buy them. I haven't bought any DC or Marvel that deals with them and I am starting to not really be interested in the current events of either comic.

Is this the same with anyone else?

For me, when I buy more DC comics, it's because of an event. So, I'm partially to blame. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"