XNA Express = My Dream!

matt2324

Civilian
Reaction score
Well im so excited because of XNA Express. It allows you to create your very own games. Well I know your thinking "Hell no, its gonna be just like games that are 2d scrollers". Well the funny thing is is that you can now create 3d games and very simple to use. Heres a few videos of games that you can make.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=1030

The Games i am going to make are.......

Movie Games
1. Elektra (Comic and Movie Versions)
2. Dark Angel (TV Series)
3. Kill Bill
4. Ultraviolet
5. Charlies Angels
6. Underworld (1 and 2)

I want to focus on creating movie games because everything is almost done for you. The story, charaters, location, etc. So I just choose my favortie female kick ass movies and im going to make them into games.

What games do you have planned?

hmm i'll be careful about creating games based on movies and comics, a lawsuit can occur.

GoldenAgeHero said:
hmm i'll be careful about creating games based on movies and comics, a lawsuit can occur.
My thoughts exactly.

its cool if he's doing it for himself, but if he plans to release that over live, he's gonna be f'ed.

How in depth does this XNA thing go?

That´s the next big thing in computer history, to allow the players to make their own games.
Wait and see...

GoldenAgeHero said:
lmao.gaming industry would go poor.
I´m not kidding...
And no, the gaming industry would not go poor, but would change a bit, and, IMO, for the best, because there would be less and less place for second-rate games.
See, there are millions of mods for hundreds of games, there are freegames made by fans, some which are considered great and award material...and the industry is still going strong.

IMO, there is only two frontiers that the game industry has yet to really get into, and i bet this will be the future.
One is this, to allow players to make their own games.
Not all people will want to make it, and less will be any good at it, so, the industry is secure.
Second, to allow player to get into the game, in a virtual reality kind of way.
The only problem of the second is, if the reality is good enough, many people will not want to return to normality.

Could you make a game where you play a chainsaw wielding asian lesbian zombie attacking HUMMER owners?

To dream the impossible dream...

Isildur´s Heir said:
I´m not kidding...
And no, the gaming industry would not go poor, but would change a bit, and, IMO, for the best, because there would be less and less place for second-rate games.
See, there are millions of mods for hundreds of games, there are freegames made by fans, some which are considered great and award material...and the industry is still going strong.

IMO, there is only two frontiers that the game industry has yet to really get into, and i bet this will be the future.
One is this, to allow players to make their own games.
Not all people will want to make it, and less will be any good at it, so, the industry is secure.
Second, to allow player to get into the game, in a virtual reality kind of way.
The only problem of the second is, if the reality is good enough, many people will not want to return to normality.

normality is reality. and you can't say the industry is secure since you really can't predect the future. and having people create thier own games is really pointless for the exact reasons you listed, it won't become a trend that i can guarantee.

virtual reality is overrated. getting players into the game?! what do you mean by that? matrix style? it'll never happen and theres so many factors that'll have to considered it just wont pass. and it'll(the tech) probably be banned.

if you mean goggles, i honestly do see the point?! what can the visors do that a tv set can't?

i rather have AI creatures that think like humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"