The Blue Dragon Hype Thread

Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix Anachronix

You're:

1. Wrong.
2. Opposing Ion Storm.
3. Deserving death.
4. Heterosexually challenged.

I'm never wrong, would make love to Ion Storm Austin collectively, do not deserve death as I'm beautiful and awesome, and the most heterosexual thing to ever grace this forum, making you triple double wrong.

anachronox_logo.jpg

I win.

Ignoring the obvious works so well for half this board, why not me? :(

CM Punk said:
Ignoring the obvious works so well for half this board, why not me? :(
Because you have a brain, as well as an awareness of facts. :word:

Replacing i's with o's in idiot was very clever by the way :o

Final Fantasy has a lot of CG, which I hate.
Final Fantasy actually doesn't have a lot of CG at all, in comparison to the lengths of the games. Aside from the ending movies, the other CG sequences, including the intros, are actually quite short, and not particularly frequent throughout a game of 80 hours plus.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever played a Final Fantasy game? And do you honestly expect people to buy that? The games have an excess of CG, I mean, it's not even up for debate, it's an accepted fact, like Halo has guns and Mario is italian. Disregarding the fact that you took it totally of context, it's just idiotic to try and say "oh well it doesn't really have a ton of CG, people just made that up out of the blue and started complaining" :whatever:

CM Punk said:
Just out of curiosity, have you ever played a Final Fantasy game? And do you honestly expect people to buy that? The games have an excess of CG, I mean, it's not even up for debate, it's an accepted fact, like Halo has guns and Mario is italian. Disregarding the fact that you took it totally of context, it's just idiotic to try and say "oh well it doesn't really have a ton of CG, people just made that up out of the blue and started complaining" :whatever:
Yes, I have played a Final Fantasy game. VIII, IX, X and X-2, all of which I have completed, and all of which would be games which feature 'excessive CG' in your opinion given they're the more recent iterations.

And actually, the fact that Final Fantasy has CG is the only fact. The excessiveness if very much your opinion, which is blatently dreadfully misinformed, and based on your looking at some of the earlier games in the series with rose tinted glasses.

Final Fantasy might have a lot of CG in comparison to other games. A racing game, or a sports game, for example. It's for obvious reasons. Final Fantasy is story driven in a way many other genres are not. In no way is the CG excessive in a storyline driven, 80+ hour game.

I really don't know why you've singled it out as a complaint. A minute long CG might pop up to give a feel, or introduce a character, and then you're back in the game. It's really not a problem, for anyone who is less than a serial moaner.

That does it WHF. If he gets to take things out context so he can make a SDF post 6 pages into the thread pretending that FF games haven't become interactive movies, then I can at least spell it "Anachronix".

I never commented on the excessive story telling present in Final Fantasy games, which can be a little on the excessive at times. The CG however, is not. The vast majority of story telling is in game.

Quite why you're moaning? The storyline won't be any less tedious because it's in game. Quite the opposite. CG scenes tend to be much better done, and less stilted than in game story telling.

I guess you're as dense as everyone else. Didn't comment on "excessive story telling?" That's great, since this thread has little to do with Final Fantasy, no one would expect you to, and since I didn't comment on it either, there's really no reason to bring it up, but don't let that stop you from your off topic SDF rambling because you singled out a single line, 6 pages ago, took it out context, and decided I was hating Final Fantasy because I told people that Blue Dragon had very little CG. Why I'm moaning? I'm moaning? I was under the impression that rather than moaning I was "sitting here minding my business when Avalanche singled out one part of one line 6 pages ago and decided to make it an issue because of his final fantasy *****", but I guess I'll take your word for it. Look out everyone, I'm "moaning"!
Want to talk about Final Fantasy? Great, there's a thread in the multi-plat section just for you. Kindly go there and post all the drivel about final fantasy's CG in there, where it'll be on topic idiocy that someone might care to read, rather than here, where's it's off topic idiocy that no one cares to read.

XwolverineX said:
Wtf is Anachronox?
A turn based PC RPG that I think was done by Tom Hall but I'm not 100% certain. It was absolutely awesome for it's time, but like most good games it got overlooked in favor of garbage like Madden and "Super bloody murder death kill 92: This time it's personal", didn't do well enough for a sequel, and Ion Storm ended up dying after Thief III. It's pretty hard to find now, but if you can find it, it'll be cheap and just about any PC can run it, so you should pick it up :up:

XwolverineX said:
I love Stories in games, I love them. So.. I love CGI.
I should probably create another thread for this in the multi-plat section since it's something that I'd actually be interested in discussing, but I don't think CG is the best way to tell a story in a game. CG is basically movie story telling, with all the same limitations that come with that medium. As interactive entertainment, games have IMO better ways to tell stories open to them than just playing a movie. I love stories in games as well. As a matter of fact, 9 times out of 10, if you're game doesn't have a good story and setting, I won't even look at it. But CG isn't the best way to handle stories in a game.

CM Punk said:
I guess you're as dense as everyone else. Didn't comment on "excessive story telling?" That's great, since this thread has little to do with Final Fantasy, no one would expect you to, and since I didn't comment on it either, there's really no reason to bring it up, but don't let that stop you from your off topic SDF rambling because you singled out a single line, 6 pages ago, took it out context, and decided I was hating Final Fantasy because I told people that Blue Dragon had very little CG. Why I'm moaning? I'm moaning? I was under the impression that rather than moaning I was "sitting here minding my business when Avalanche singled out one part of one line 6 pages ago and decided to make it an issue because of his final fantasy *****", but I guess I'll take your word for it. Look out everyone, I'm "moaning"!
Want to talk about Final Fantasy? Great, there's a thread in the multi-plat section just for you. Kindly go there and post all the drivel about final fantasy's CG in there, where it'll be on topic idiocy that someone might care to read, rather than here, where's it's off topic idiocy that no one cares to read.
You stated Final Fantasy had excessive CG, within this thread. I commented that it didn't. It was a response to your post, and if you didn't want a Final Fantasy discussion brought up, you shouldn't have mentioned the game in the first place. This is nothing but your own doing.

And you're not only moaning now. You're also whining.

Either way, you say Final Fantasy games feature too much CG. Your opinion, but 8-9 million people per game disagree with you.

A lot more than Blue Dragon will ever shift, even with it's extraordinarily special lack of CG.

I agree to disagree on that one. Obviously you play a game to play, not watch, but I always looks forward to seeing the story progress in CGI. That'll probably be the determining factor on me buying LO and BD or not.

Ok Avalanche. You're right, I'm "whining". And you're even right about Final Fantasy not having CG. I mean, afterall, everyone knows "my game sells more!" is a great argument that is the doomsday for all disagreement. Speaking of which, I should probably go inform someone that Britney Spears > The last Sinatra compilation released.

XwolverineX said:
I agree to disagree on that one. Obviously you play a game to play, not watch, but I always looks forward to seeing the story progress in CGI. That'll probably be the determining factor on me buying LO and BD or not.
I'd agree.

CG can sometimes be a little detached, but other times it works brilliantly.

The Yuna send off for the dead in X was fantastic. As was the wedding sequence. The story couldn't have been told quite so well with the visuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"