Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Lol, Yaiba was a Dragon Ball parody by the same author of Detective Conan

yaiba2.jpg

Zombies, Ninjas, Mechs. All that's missing are Pirates.

YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z
[YT]HymWSLGPsl0[/YT]​

Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune is taking a stab at the Ninja Gaiden series with Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, and by "taking a stab" I mean actively attempting to stab the star of the main Ninja Gaiden series in the throat with a sword.

Teased earlier this month and revealed last night during the Tecmo Koei pre-Tokyo Game Show event, Ninja Gaiden Z looks to be a fast-paced, cel-shaded take on the carnage of the core franchise. At least that's what I'm getting from the brief glimpse of gameplay afforded us in this first trailer. It's enough to intrigue me. I must see more.

Source

Nice find Nathan here's new on it.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Is From Team Ninja, Comcept, And Spark Unlimited

September 19, 2012 . 6:35am“Just as much as I love zombies, I like samurai and ninjas. My dream was to always make a ninja game so this collaboration that I’m announcing today is almost a dream come true,” Inafune said.

Who’s Making Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Anyway?

September 19, 2012 . 7:57amDead Rising 2 co-producer, Mega Man: Star Force illustrator and the producer of Legendary are also on the development team

source:Siliconera

Lol, Yaiba was a Dragon Ball parody by the same author of Detective Conan

yaiba2.jpg

hmm I never finished that series. damn you network tv always messing around with people. you start something finish it.

Last edited:
The name is funny, I read it as a word in my home accent meaning: "I'm bringing it"

Why Team Ninja Partnered With Spark Unlimited For Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

September 21, 2012 . 4:35pm“We feel we can bring the authentic ninja-ness, and by teaming with Spark Unlimited, they can bring the authentic zombie-ness,” says Team Ninja leader, Yosuke Hayashi.

Video
Talking Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z with Keiji Inafune and Yosuke Hayashi

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Being Developed On Unreal Engine 3?

By Ishaan . September 23, 2012 . 4:15pmJob listings on developer Spark Unlimited’s website indicate that they may be using Unreal Engine 3 for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

source:siliconera & JoyStiq

Last edited:
Team Ninja On Working With Inafune And Making Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

November 16, 2012 . 3:00pm“Yaiba takes place in the Ninja Gaiden world, but it’s its own separate thing. We are not planning on just bringing the Ninja Gaiden system and putting a different coat of paint on it and calling it Yaiba,” said Yosuke Hayashi.

some thing that was skipped over by my self

Last edited:
I need a 5 year gap before I get excited about hearing of a new zombie game.

Inafune And Hayashi Talk YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z. March 31, 2013 . 2:45pm

[YT]9Eq9462cJQg[/YT]

Tecmo Koei America have shared an extended version of the talk between Keiji Inafune and Team Ninja’s Yosuke Hayashi on YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but, I have become burned out on the zombie, as a plot device and culture. It is going to be at least a decade before I become interested with anything involving zombies.

source:GI & Siliconera

There two other video's but I won't show them cause of the protagonists chose of words. I don't want to upset the admins.

Last edited:
Yaiba was a Dragon Ball parody by the same author of Detective Conan

All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune. July 17, 2013 . 2:30pm

Keiji Inafune may be best known for Mega Man, but he’s also a huge fan of zombies. In this interview, Inafune discusses breaking his zombie rules for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.
All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune Keiji Inafune may be best known for Mega Man, but he’s also a huge fan of zombies. Inafune created the Dead Rising series and is working with Team Ninja on Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

In this interview we talk about the game’s comic book style, Yaiba’s fight with Ninja Gaiden’s regular protagonist, Ryu Hayabusa, and Inafune breaking his personal zombie rules. When I played Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z there was humor, like the scene where a zombie was driving a truck into another zombie.

I remember back when you were working on Dead Rising you had an idea of making zombies like toys, which is quite different from zombie flicks of even Resident Evil. Keiji Inafune, CEO of Comcept: I feel there are two sides that make zombies interesting when it comes to movies and games.

There is a drama aspect like you would see in The Walking Dead, which has elements of tension and fear, but there is also humor and that’s what makes working with zombies a fun theme. Personally, I like the humor aspect, which is why both of those games have humor in them. I love zombies and I have my own rules for what zombies can and cannot do. Zombies can’t run. They aren’t intelligent, and so forth. For this game, those rules don’t apply.

The zombies that appear in Yaiba are different from other zombies. Like in the truck scene you mentioned, a zombie told another zombie to get out of the way. We loosened the mold of what zombies can and cannot do. That leaves a lot of freedom for us, Team Ninja, and Spark to input lots of ideas. Certainly, there will be humorous ideas that come from that.

I hope you look forward to different kinds of humor in this game. All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z also has wacky weapons like the zombie nunchucks you can get when you yank a zombie’s arms off. Where do you get ideas for weapons like this? When I produce a game, I don’t necessarily say, “Do this specific idea.” I give a high level idea and set the framework. So, I told the developer [Spark Unlimited] to come up with an idea for this. Harvesting arms and limbs from zombies actually came from Spark. From those ideas, I choose what I like.

After setting the framework, ideas come out. If ideas slip out of the framework they aren’t used and I pick the ones that fit the game. Was having a comic book art style one of the high level ideas? Were there any alternate ideas? It was decided early on in the development of the game that we were going with this art style. We talked with Spark and Team Ninja and all of us decided this was a fitting art style and we went with it.

There wasn’t an alternate art style we were considering. Why did you pick a comic book art style for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z? The inspiration came from when I saw the Walking Dead graphic novel. Even though the story addresses serious issues and has a dramatic story, it’s done with a comic style. For me, that stood out and I wanted to do something with zombies in a visual style like The Walking Dead. Will players be able to fight Ryu? I mean the game starts with Ryu Hayabusa cutting through Yaiba.

I don’t want to give it away at this point, but I think players will have expectations of what will happen and certainly we want to cater to those players. At the same time, we want to go beyond their expectations and surprise them with the outcome. I can imagine Yaiba having multiple endings then depending on what happens, if Yaiba and Ryu fight. At the moment, we haven’t decided if the game will have multiple endings. It’s common to have multiple endings and online co-op and we don’t want to be confined by those kinds of rules. It’s too early to be discussing this, but Yaiba will be the game it will be whether it has multiple endings or not.

Hmm… early? Isn’t the game coming out in early 2014? [Laughs] There’s still time! All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune Compared to Ryu, who is portrayed as a stealthy and honorable character, Yaiba is completely the opposite. He’s vulgar, angry, and loud—kind of barbarian-like. When developing a new protagonist, it’s always easier to go with the archetype of what a main character should be. What happens if you go with that, you end up with a character that is like Ryu Hayabusa. I gave the direction and told the team to take off the breaks and get as far away as possible from Ryu Hayabusa. When we started this project it was mutually agreed with Team Ninja.

Who is the girl with the pink hair who acts like a navigator for Yaiba? She is intertwined with the gameplay. She informs Yaiba where he needs to go and gives him information. She is also the heroine of the game. Since there are two ninjas we need to have a female character, too. Just like how Ninja Gaiden games have female characters as well. She’s also the character that makes Yaiba’s cybernetic body parts, too, I believe. [Laughs] I can’t really go into that, but it’s not like she’s Roll-chan from Mega Man or Bulma in Dragon Ball. It’s certainly not like that. All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune How has Team Ninja guided the game in terms of combat, since their specialty is making stylish action games. We have a director from Team Ninja who looks specifically at the game’s combat.

He needs to sign off to approve all of the combat decisions. If it isn’t feeling right Team Ninja will give feedback on how to make it better. Even the combat is a collaborative process. Spark gives us ideas and we’ll discuss if it’s a good idea and figure out how to grow it into an even better idea. With Dead Rising, you threw a survivor in a mall. With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z you mixed zombies with ninjas. What else do you want to with zombie games? Not specifically, a zombie game genre, but one of the things I would like to do is a big budget zombie game that would be the last thing you would see at a Sony or a Microsoft conference. Something really big. All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune What about you, Ohara-san? You also worked on Dead Rising 2 as the game’s co-producer. Shin Ohara, Producer at Comcept: Probably the same.

I would like to see a big, big zombie game that involves a lot of people. Maybe multiplayer or a grand scale zombie game. Maybe an outbreak starts from an area and as the game progresses the area grows. Maybe there is another group of people that try to suppress the zombie outbreak. If it’s a multiplayer game, maybe there is a group of players trying to suppress zombie outbreak and another group trying to spread it.

That would be interesting. Since we talked about Dead Rising 2 a couple of years ago, what are your thoughts on Dead Rising 3? It seems like Capcom is trying to go that route. SO: I saw it. I went to their booth and saw the presentation. It’s open world and since it’s Dead Rising it takes on the good elements of the series, but it’s just much bigger. Not a whole lot of new gameplay has been introduced yet, that I know of. It doesn’t necessarily fill the gap for me. Certainly, I will play it and most likely enjoy it, but it’s still a single player game.

Pretty random, but what little we've seen has looked good. Interesting style to go with for a NG game. I'll pick it up. Is this guy from one of the newer games (Xbox Ninja Gaiden and onward), or is he just a new guy?

Apparently he's an arch enemy of Ryu and that's how this starts off he's one of the many that Ryu rid the world of and man he has a mouth on himself. He's back from the dead and wants revenge, But has to deal with this infestation of zombies before he can make his way to Ryu. And I wouldn't bother to look for this Guy in any of the Ninja Gaidens prior to this.

Last edited:
No, I realize that, but I was wondering if he was an actual character from those games or just made up for this game. It doesn't matter, NG's story is nothing, but I was curious.

Yaiba 'is its own thing,' Team Ninja would love to make Yaiba 2

(8 hours ago) 3

Although it's set in the Ninja Gaiden universe, Team Ninja looks at Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z as its own entity, separate from Ryu Hayabusa's outings and able to develop into its own property. Speaking to Joystiq at Gamescom, studio head Yosuke Hayashi said his team would love to make a Yaiba 2, but it needs to ensure the first Yaiba is a success first.

"It's not a sequel or a spin-off, it is its own thing," Hayashi said, "And so the systems are very different. We want to have it open to another audience, to people who like zombie games. The target is a little bit different, but it should still feel like a good, solid action game."

Yaiba isn't just a ninja meets zombies crossover, it is also a worldwide collaboration between three separate games studios: Ninja Gaiden dev Team Ninja and Keiji Inafune's Comcept from Japan, and California-based Spark Unlimited. It's an unusual collaboration to say the least, but one Inafune believes has worked out well.

"It's been interesting to see the Comcept team, the Team Ninja team, and the Spark team working together on this project," Inafune said. "First we were being careful with each other and respecting each other's boundaries, and stuff like that. But it really has become an open dialog between the teams, respecting the strengths of each team, and bringing out those strengths through discussion and through open and honest collaboration. To see that happen that between Team Ninja and Spark has been something that's really good for Yaiba." Continue Reading

source:JoyStiq

Tecmo Koei Holding A Zombie Movie Night To Promote Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. August 29, 2013 . 11:00am

Temco Koei is bringing Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z… hot sauce to PAX Prime. Yaiba food trucks will be outside the PAX Prime area at 2nd Avenue and Pike Street between 11 AM to 2 PM with snacks spiced with Yaiba hot sauce.

Temco Koei is bringing Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z… hot sauce to PAX Prime. Yaiba food trucks will be outside the PAX Prime area at 2nd Avenue and Pike Street between 11 AM to 2 PM on August 30 and 31st with snacks spiced with Yaiba hot sauce.

The trucks will also give away wristbands to a midnight zombie movie night hosted by Dead Ninjaz After Dark. The Yaiba event is a double feature with "Miami Connection" and "Zombie vs. Ninja" with a bar and photo opportunities with cosplayer Jessica Nigiri. The Yaiba event will take place between 9 PM to 1:30 AM at The Big Picture, 2505 1st Avenue. Attendees have to be 21 and up.

Tecmo Koei announced Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will be released for PC as well as consoles. The PC version will be available as a digital download on Steam in early 2014, which sounds like it won’t be too far away from the PS3 or Xbox 360 version.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z is a collaborative project with Keiji Inafune from comcept, Team Ninja, and Lost Planet 3 developer Spark Unlimited. You play as Yaiba, a cybernetic ninja out for revenge after Ryu Hayabusa cut off his limbs.

Siliconera spoke with Inafune about Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z and he told us he wanted to make Yaiba a completely different kind of protagonist from Ryu and explained why they went with a comic book art style.

source: Siliconera & GI

Last edited:
Dark Horse preparing Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z digital comic

(1 hour ago)

Dark Horse is prepping a tie-in comic for upcoming Team Ninja, Comcept and Spark Unlimited collaboration, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

The three-issue run, which will be available as a free download through the Dark Horse website and app, is penned by writers Tim Seeley and Josh Eamons, with art from Rafael Ortiz. A physical comic will also be available at Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z's launch.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will launch sometime in 2014 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Despite being set within the Ninja Gaiden universe, Team Ninja has said it views Yaiba as its own franchise and, even though the game hasn't launched yet, would love to pursue a sequel and nurture Yaiba's growth into a full-fledged franchise. Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

Inafune And Hayashi Talk YAIBA, Action Games, Mighty No. 9 Collaboration. October 11, 2013 . 11:05am

Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi and Comcept’s Keiji Inafune discuss YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z in a new developer diary video.

[YT]hi8ZfsCQlKA[/YT]

Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi and Comcept’s Keiji Inafune discuss YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z in a new developer diary video that Tecmo Koei shared this morning.

During the video, Hayashi briefly goes hands-on with the stylized ninja game, following which the two discuss action games in general.

Pure action games haven’t been as popular of late, the two feel, putting creators like Inafune and Hayashi in a tough spot. This is in part due to a lack of elements that surprise players, Hayashi theorizes. YAIBA’s surprise comes in part from the fact that it’s a combination of a ninja game and a zombie game.

Finally, Inafune briefly mentions Mighty No. 9, and jokes that he’d like to do a collaboration between YAIBA and Mighty No. 9 in the future; although it soon goes from sounding like a joke to a little more serious. “We’ll make YAIBA awesome on its own, and then we’ll do some fun stuff with the collaboration,” he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"