Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by zenith16, Sep 12, 2012.

1. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]YAIBA, Inafune’s New Zombie Game, Also Has Ninjas And Mechs

September 12, 2012 . 8:09am“I am confident you will enjoy this new concept consisting of zombies with action, ninjas and mechs,” says Inafune about YAIBA. Watch a trailer for it inside.

source:siliconera.

They haven't really announced what systems yet.

2. Lord All Mighty

Lol, Yaiba was a Dragon Ball parody by the same author of Detective Conan

[​IMG]

3. Nathan Registered

Zombies, Ninjas, Mechs. All that's missing are Pirates.

4. Nathan Registered

Source

5. zenith16 Registered

Nice find Nathan here's new on it.

[​IMG]Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Is From Team Ninja, Comcept, And Spark Unlimited

September 19, 2012 . 6:35am“Just as much as I love zombies, I like samurai and ninjas. My dream was to always make a ninja game so this collaboration that I’m announcing today is almost a dream come true,” Inafune said.

[​IMG]Who’s Making Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Anyway?

September 19, 2012 . 7:57amDead Rising 2 co-producer, Mega Man: Star Force illustrator and the producer of Legendary are also on the development team

source:Siliconera

hmm I never finished that series. damn you network tv always messing around with people. you start something finish it.

#5 zenith16, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

The name is funny, I read it as a word in my home accent meaning: "I'm bringing it"

7. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]Why Team Ninja Partnered With Spark Unlimited For Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

September 21, 2012 . 4:35pm“We feel we can bring the authentic ninja-ness, and by teaming with Spark Unlimited, they can bring the authentic zombie-ness,” says Team Ninja leader, Yosuke Hayashi.

Video
    Talking Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z with Keiji Inafune and Yosuke Hayashi

[​IMG]Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Being Developed On Unreal Engine 3?

By Ishaan . September 23, 2012 . 4:15pmJob listings on developer Spark Unlimited’s website indicate that they may be using Unreal Engine 3 for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

source:siliconera & JoyStiq

#7 zenith16, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  8. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]Team Ninja On Working With Inafune And Making Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

November 16, 2012 . 3:00pm“Yaiba takes place in the Ninja Gaiden world, but it’s its own separate thing. We are not planning on just bringing the Ninja Gaiden system and putting a different coat of paint on it and calling it Yaiba,” said Yosuke Hayashi.

some thing that was skipped over by my self

#8 zenith16, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  9. zenith16 Registered

10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I need a 5 year gap before I get excited about hearing of a new zombie game.

11. zenith16 Registered

12. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Inafune And Hayashi Talk YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z. March 31, 2013 . 2:45pm

[YT]9Eq9462cJQg[/YT]

Tecmo Koei America have shared an extended version of the talk between Keiji Inafune and Team Ninja’s Yosuke Hayashi on YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z.

#12 zenith16, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  13. zenith16 Registered

14. jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I hate to say it, but, I have become burned out on the zombie, as a plot device and culture. It is going to be at least a decade before I become interested with anything involving zombies.

15. zenith16 Registered

source:GI & Siliconera

There two other video's but I won't show them cause of the protagonists chose of words. I don't want to upset the admins.

#15 zenith16, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  16. Mickel Registered

Yaiba was a Dragon Ball parody by the same author of Detective Conan

17. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] All About Zombies With Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Creator Keiji Inafune. July 17, 2013 . 2:30pm

Keiji Inafune may be best known for Mega Man, but he’s also a huge fan of zombies. In this interview, Inafune discusses breaking his zombie rules for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

18. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Pretty random, but what little we've seen has looked good. Interesting style to go with for a NG game. I'll pick it up. Is this guy from one of the newer games (Xbox Ninja Gaiden and onward), or is he just a new guy?

19. zenith16 Registered

Apparently he's an arch enemy of Ryu and that's how this starts off he's one of the many that Ryu rid the world of and man he has a mouth on himself. He's back from the dead and wants revenge, But has to deal with this infestation of zombies before he can make his way to Ryu. And I wouldn't bother to look for this Guy in any of the Ninja Gaidens prior to this.

#19 zenith16, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  20. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

No, I realize that, but I was wondering if he was an actual character from those games or just made up for this game. It doesn't matter, NG's story is nothing, but I was curious.

21. zenith16 Registered

Yaiba 'is its own thing,' Team Ninja would love to make Yaiba 2

[​IMG] (8 hours ago) 3

[​IMG]
    Although it's set in the Ninja Gaiden universe, Team Ninja looks at Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z as its own entity, separate from Ryu Hayabusa's outings and able to develop into its own property. Speaking to Joystiq at Gamescom, studio head Yosuke Hayashi said his team would love to make a Yaiba 2, but it needs to ensure the first Yaiba is a success first.

"It's not a sequel or a spin-off, it is its own thing," Hayashi said, "And so the systems are very different. We want to have it open to another audience, to people who like zombie games. The target is a little bit different, but it should still feel like a good, solid action game."

Yaiba isn't just a ninja meets zombies crossover, it is also a worldwide collaboration between three separate games studios: Ninja Gaiden dev Team Ninja and Keiji Inafune's Comcept from Japan, and California-based Spark Unlimited. It's an unusual collaboration to say the least, but one Inafune believes has worked out well.

"It's been interesting to see the Comcept team, the Team Ninja team, and the Spark team working together on this project," Inafune said. "First we were being careful with each other and respecting each other's boundaries, and stuff like that. But it really has become an open dialog between the teams, respecting the strengths of each team, and bringing out those strengths through discussion and through open and honest collaboration. To see that happen that between Team Ninja and Spark has been something that's really good for Yaiba." Continue Reading

source:JoyStiq

22. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Tecmo Koei Holding A Zombie Movie Night To Promote Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. August 29, 2013 . 11:00am

Temco Koei is bringing Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z… hot sauce to PAX Prime. Yaiba food trucks will be outside the PAX Prime area at 2nd Avenue and Pike Street between 11 AM to 2 PM with snacks spiced with Yaiba hot sauce.

23. zenith16 Registered

source: Siliconera & GI

#23 zenith16, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  24. zenith16 Registered

Dark Horse preparing Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z digital comic

[​IMG] (1 hour ago)

[​IMG]
    Dark Horse is prepping a tie-in comic for upcoming Team Ninja, Comcept and Spark Unlimited collaboration, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

The three-issue run, which will be available as a free download through the Dark Horse website and app, is penned by writers Tim Seeley and Josh Eamons, with art from Rafael Ortiz. A physical comic will also be available at Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z's launch.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will launch sometime in 2014 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Despite being set within the Ninja Gaiden universe, Team Ninja has said it views Yaiba as its own franchise and, even though the game hasn't launched yet, would love to pursue a sequel and nurture Yaiba's growth into a full-fledged franchise. Continue Reading

source: Joystiq

25. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Inafune And Hayashi Talk YAIBA, Action Games, Mighty No. 9 Collaboration. October 11, 2013 . 11:05am

Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi and Comcept’s Keiji Inafune discuss YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z in a new developer diary video.