Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=22021

Release Date: December 19, 2008
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Peyton Reed
Screenwriter: Nicholas Stoller, Jarrad Paul, Andrew Mogel
Starring: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, Rhys Darby, John Michael Higgins, Danny Masterson, Terence Stamp, Rocky Carroll
Genre: Comedy

Plot Summary: Jim Carrey stars as Carl Allen, a man who signs up for a self-help program based on one simple principle: say yes to everything...and anything. At first, unleashing the power of "yes" transforms Carl's life in amazing and unexpected ways, but he soon discovers that opening up his life to endless possibilities can have its drawbacks.

fullmovieimage14924cb7.jpg

fullmovieimage14925ut9.jpg

awesome...lol

need trailer to judge really

What happened to that futuristic robot that thing Jim Carrey was going to do.. Something about robot husbands I think.

Rocky Carroll is still getting work, yay! :p

But, as all Jim Carrey movies, I'm interested already!

-TNC

It will NEVER be as good as the book. I am pretty sad that it's Jim Carrey and it's going to be all American. :(

It's about this guy:

dannywallace_wideweb__430x285.jpg

Not some hollywood big shot...as much as I admire some of Jim Carrey's work..this is going to disappoint...I can feel it in my bones. It cannot be as a charismatic as the writer Danny Wallace...nor will the film be able to carry the weight of the book...about an average joe writer who decides to say Yes to more things after splitting up with his long term girlfriend. :up:

The original book readers always seem to have the same thing to say about the movie adaptations. If it were me, I would've learned to lower my expectations and take the film for what it is and not for what it isn't that's in the book.

-TNC

But it's not like I want a movie version...I'd rather just have the book. :o

It could still be good and I shall give it a chance...it just seems like it will be a Yes Man: In Name Only. :o

Well...for the most part. :o

Ha, funny poster...and I have a dirty mind.

It will NEVER be as good as the book. I am pretty sad that it's Jim Carrey and it's going to be all American. :(

It's about this guy:

dannywallace_wideweb__430x285.jpg

Not some hollywood big shot...as much as I admire some of Jim Carrey's work..this is going to disappoint...I can feel it in my bones. It cannot be as a charismatic as the writer Danny Wallace...nor will the film be able to carry the weight of the book...about an average joe writer who decides to say Yes to more things after splitting up with his long term girlfriend. :up:
Danny said himself on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross that he saw a rough cut of the film and it only uses themes from the book and is more of a surreal drama/comedy. Dosen't sound to good and that chick looks to weird in everything she's in. Especially that crap fest The Happening. I don't really think she can act.

looks ok...

nice to see jim carrey is one of the comedians who's still funny after all these years

It doesn't look bad! :up: Can't wait to see a little more.

Wait a second...Rhys Darby is in this? I must now see it. :o

But in all seriousness, Danny Wallace and his book are both brilliant, and this has the potential to be a good laugh.

Danny Wallace is awesome I liked that one where he started his own cult

That's also apparently being made into a movie...with Jack Black. :o

Zooey Deschanel has been in...like...everything as of late.

The original book readers always seem to have the same thing to say about the movie adaptations. If it were me, I would've learned to lower my expectations and take the film for what it is and not for what it isn't that's in the book.

-TNC

Thats my philosphy when it comes to James Bond ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"