Y'know, you THINK Sony are doing badly exclusive wise but...

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
They're actually not doing so bad. :huh: I complied a little list off of that rubbish sonydefenseforce site and was surprised with the worthwhile results...

Exclusives:
Motorstorm (and the second)
Resistance: Fall of Man (and Rise of Man)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (for the time being at least)
Final Fantasy 13
Eight Days (which looks awesome imo)
Killzone 2 (Guerilla explained that demo's graphics weren't anything near what the game was gonna look like)
The Getaway
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Tekken 6
Big Time Revenge
Warhawk (which, yes is a downloadable, but still looks awesome)
Ridge Racer 7
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Rachet and Clanx
Fifth Phantom Saga
God of War 3
John Carpenter's Psychopath
Wardevil: Enigma
Singstar
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Exclusive Projects that are still a bit of a mystery:
Cryptic Studios Project
Destineer Spy Project
Eyedentify
Factor 5 Project #2 (Iliked SOMETHING Factor 5 did... can't remember it now...
High Moon Studios project
Infinity Ward Next-Gen Project
KOEI "Guan Yu" PS3 Project
Luxoflux Next-Gen Project
LucasArts / Day 1 Action Project (This'll probably be good)
Nihilistic PS3 Project
Obsidian RPG Project
People Can Fly Project
Rockstar Old West PS3 Project (Hmm... this could be good)
Silicon Knights Next-Gen Project
Spark Unlimited Atari Project
Spark Unlimited Sierra Project
Sucker Punch Project
Surreal Software Project
thatgamecompany Project #2
thatgamecompany Project #3
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project

Kinda exclusive things:
Spider-man 3- Play as GG2, Collector's Edition
PS1 games on PSP

i think they still have the main exclusives, like mgs and ff. for me though even if they were on other consoles i wuld still wana play them on ps3.

nice find btw:D

There are a lot of games in that first list to keep me wanting PS3.

I'll respond to this list like I did on the one in GR. Half (a quarter, I guess) of those games range from decent to bad to "aren't going to be that good". Also, the Obsidian, Infinity Ward, and Silicon Knight projects are all going to be multi-platform if nothing else. A good third of those projects are either unconfirmed as exclusives or aren't going to be.

Fin.

i think they still have the main exclusives, like mgs and ff. for me though even if they were on other consoles i wuld still wana play them on ps3.

nice find btw:D
Yeah IA. Losing Virtua Fighter and DMC werent big deals to me bc I find both games to be a bit overated, especially DMC. That series was great with the first game but it lost its appeal with its sequel. VF is good but fighting games just arent the big draw they used to be. Were this 5 years ago, it would have been a bigger loss, but fighting games arent all that popular anymore, especially with the greater emphasis on online multiplayer. I think the only exclusive series that Sony has lost that is a big deal is the GTA series, but then again GTA IV was never an exclusive for its next gen system. Right now, they need to pour whatever money is needed in order to secure FFXIII and MGS4. As long as they keep those, I think they will be fine

I might grab a 20GB once the price goes down. But if Microsoft keeps it I won't have to. :cwink:

Yeah IA. Losing Virtua Fighter and DMC werent big deals to me bc I find both games to be a bit overated, especially DMC.
Personally, I love Virtua Fighter. Best fighting series out there, but it's still on the PS3, so I personally haven't lost the chance to play it. Should it have completely jumped ship, like Dead or Alive did back in the day, I would have been more upset.

Yeah IA. Losing Virtua Fighter and DMC werent big deals to me bc I find both games to be a bit overated, especially DMC. That series was great with the first game but it lost its appeal with its sequel. VF is good but fighting games just arent the big draw they used to be. Were this 5 years ago, it would have been a bigger loss, but fighting games arent all that popular anymore, especially with the greater emphasis on online multiplayer. I think the only exclusive series that Sony has lost that is a big deal is the GTA series, but then again GTA IV was never an exclusive for its next gen system. Right now, they need to pour whatever money is needed in order to secure FFXIII and MGS4. As long as they keep those, I think they will be fine

defininitly

Missing from that list is the DC MMORPG for what that's worth :D

Killzone 2 (Guerilla explained that demo's graphics weren't anything near what the game was gonna look like)

REALLY!!!:wow:

If thats true than damn!

Everyone who saw the trailer said the game looked amazing, not like the E3 but some of the best graphics they have seen on a console! Gurellia just said that all of the enviornments are fully destructiable and they are able to do a lot on the PS3 in terms of lighting and shadows!

I'm so excited for July to see what Killzone 2 looks like. Hopefully its breathtaking and blows us away!:csad:

Electro UK said:
I was just considering in light of recent events, what exclusives the PS3 actually still has. And don't go "Aw that game'll be rooobish." cause they're still exclusives damnit!

Exclusives:
Motorstorm (and the second) not that great, good gameplay, not much else
Resistance: Fall of Man (and Rise of Man) bland, bland, bland, the 3 year old HL2 is a far superior shooter
Metal Gear Solid 4 (for the time being at least) if Mentoks is right, it'll jump ship
Final Fantasy 13 I'll give you this, but they should really drag Tetsuya Nomura and his effeminate character designs away from the series already
Eight Days (which looks awesome imo) never heard of it
Killzone 2 (Guerilla explained that demo's graphics weren't anything near what the game was gonna look like) seems like these jackasses only know how to make promises they can't deliver
The Getaway when was the last decent game in the series?
Lair meh
Heavenly Sword uber meh, Ninja Gaiden and DMC pwn it all over the place
Tekken 6 Namco titles have been defecting to the 360 camp left and right, so I wouldn't be too sure of this if I were you. Besides, VF5 pwns this one already
Big Time Revenge ummm...what?
Warhawk (which, yes is a downloadable, but still looks awesome) [/b]
Ridge Racer 7 the series should die already, nothing but an outdated relics of the past
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier platformers can go **** themselves
Rachet and Clanx see above comment
Fifth Phantom Saga again, what?
God of War 3 only game I want from the PS3 library, this and Gran Turismo
John Carpenter's Psychopath from the sound of it, will be a multiplatform sooner or later
Wardevil: Enigma not much info on it or whether it'll be any good
Singstar where are you digging these games from and what exactly did you see in them to make you think they can possibly be any good, at least good enough to be proud as a PS3 exclusive?
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune not interested

Exclusive Projects that are still a bit of a mystery:
Cryptic Studios Project
Destineer Spy Project
Eyedentify
Factor 5 Project #2 (Iliked SOMETHING Factor 5 did... can't remember it now...
High Moon Studios project
Infinity Ward Next-Gen Project
KOEI "Guan Yu" PS3 Project
Luxoflux Next-Gen Project
LucasArts / Day 1 Action Project (This'll probably be good)
Nihilistic PS3 Project
Obsidian RPG Project
People Can Fly Project
Rockstar Old West PS3 Project (Hmm... this could be good)
Silicon Knights Next-Gen Project
Spark Unlimited Atari Project
Spark Unlimited Sierra Project
Sucker Punch Project
Surreal Software Project
thatgamecompany Project #2
thatgamecompany Project #3
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project

like you said, 'mystery titles', they could be good or they could suck big time

Kinda exclusive things:
Spider-man 3- Play as GG2, Collector's Edition
PS1 games on PSP

...hey... that's surprisingly not TOO bad...

Of course it all depends on whether they stay exclusive or not...

Actually, that's pretty lousy compared to what you'll be getting on the 360. :down:

Well, in all fairness, you've based all that on your own opinion, which doesn't represent general public opinion by any means.

For example, Singstar is hugely popular in Europe, and Australia I believe. It might not necessarily be a proper game, but it has a lot of appeal. Likewise, games like Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter have large followings. You might not be interested in Drake's Fortune, but it could turn out to be a stellar game which finds a large audience. Resistance and Motorstorm both have their fans.

Fair enough, the list doesn't appeal to you, but there are many to whom it will.

Well, in all fairness, you've based all that on your own opinion, which doesn't represent general public opinion by any means.

For example, Singstar is hugely popular in Europe, and Australia I believe. It might not necessarily be a proper game, but it has a lot of appeal. Likewise, games like Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter have large followings. You might not be interested in Drake's Fortune, but it could turn out to be a stellar game which finds a large audience. Resistance and Motorstorm both have their fans.

Fair enough, the list doesn't appeal to you, but there are many to whom it will.

What part of my post that said 'compared to the 360' didn't you understand? :rolleyes:

And yes, the 360 infinitely superior library beats the living s**t out of the PS3s. That's a fact.

That's your opinion. The amount of titles I'm interested in on both formats is relatively equal.

All that really excites me for the 360 is:

Mass Effect
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Alan Wake (Maybe?)
Bioshock (We'll see)

PS3:

(The infamous) Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavenly Sword
Final Fantasy XIII
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank Future (we'll see)
Silent Hill 5 (Could be multi but previous reports say only one console and heavy hints at it being PS3)

That a very comparible list

LOL, then that's your opinion, because it lists the games you are interested in. Otherwise, it's really not contestable that the 360 has a greater number of potentially amazing games, both current and upcoming. No amount of 'it's your opinion' copouts is gonna change that, hon.

I'll be sure to take that as a compliment, luv. :up:

You're right on alot of those Fen, though I wouldn't write off platformers personally. I also really like Resistance. And yes, alot of these games are unheard of. There are trailers for Eight Days and Fifth Phantom Sag however, the Eight Days one looks pretty good.

FF13 might be jumping off the ps3 ship square has been developing more titles for the wii hinting that the days of sonys dominance of the franchise might becoming to an end. unfortunately the ps3 has not been living up to its promises and those who were on board with the ps3 in the begining are starting to look elsewhere. at this time major companies like capcom, namco, and others have been flocking towards the 360 and wii. not to say the ps3 is down and out but if this trend continues sony may repeat history like sega when the showdown of dreamcast against ps2 happened. sega did not have dvd players in their system when dvd was becoming popular but the ps2 did and it was cheaper than the standalone players at the time. Just like sony capitalized on the fact that gamers were maturing and wanted more mature games which nintendo knowing its history is not notorious for. maybe its coming back full circle those guys that were tomb raider and silent hill fans dont want the hardcore games anymore and want something simple and quick to play. This would explain why its easier to find a kidney in japan than a DS, the japanese are addicted to them creating a 2 or 3 to 1 margane in the case of ds vs. psp sales. I remeber when everyone said the ds would fail but two and half years later the script has fliped and the psp is limping along barely. Whatever microsoft is doing whether paying developers off or what its working and DMC 4 is now coming to the 360 as well as other once ps3 exclusives. The fiasco of the european and austrailian launch are some indicators that sony is not the brand it once was. I mean the only place the ps3 was a really big deal was America(if you dont know already there were riots and shootings in front of walmarts in conneticut -_-) but most of those people picked up a ps3 to sell it thousands of dollars above mark up price(0ne went for 20,000!!??) showing that even the fanboys were wary of the ps3. and after a week the wii came out and was talked about for the rest of the month and even into december by everyone. I mean it had the best week ever on this show on VH1 called best week ever nintendo racked up free publicity without even trying. and sony's commercials didnt help matters i still dont get the baby one will someon explain please my brain nearly had a seizure trying to understand the logic that is sony!!?? I love nintendo and i will be the first to admit that nintendo made some bad moves with the gamecube but they learned and improved do you think that sony's ego may have been its undoing? i believe so sony thinks its invincible but sony is playing major catch up lets hope that now that the lawsuit with the people who make the dualshock ends so there is rumble hell even the wii has a little of it in their controler. So in short though i despise you sony pay off developer beat microsoft with a stick ask you long time rival nintendo for advice. but do something otherwise the exclusive will be jumping ship permanently.

Long yes truthful yes stupid i donot doubt that thats my rant for today folks.

FF13 might be jumping off the ps3 ship square has been developing more titles for the wii hinting that the days of sonys dominance of the franchise might becoming to an end.

The FF series has become all about graphics. Wii isn't capable of the graphics they want in the FF series. Not going to happen.

The FF series has become all about graphics. Wii isn't capable of the graphics they want in the FF series. Not going to happen.
Wii is getting Crystal Chronicles, they will never get the real FF. Not until Nintendos graphics technology reaches the equivalent of the PS3 or 360. They had this last gen, and if they did have FFX on the 'cube, it could have saved it from doom.

Actually, that's pretty lousy compared to what you'll be getting on the 360. :down:

It really is, unfortunately. Now that Microsoft is pushing for multiplatform with MGS4, FFXIII and DMC4, the latter of which has already been confirmed, the 360 looks to be the king of exclusivity. KotoR, Halo, Gears of War, Shenmue, Mass Effect. The PS3 stood a fighting chance, perhaps even superior to the 360, with Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto IV and the aforementioned titles, but now they've got very little to be proud of compared to the 360 exclusive list.

Sad. I really liked the legacy controller.

did i say final fantasy if you read instead of posting blindly i said square is developing more titles for nintendo than sony this time around and if you think ff can save sony alone you are insane my friend hell even the xbox had to put some ***** together halo 1 and two to keep the xbox alive. so sony gets ff i doubt that will hurt nintendo too much who has dozens of steady and stable franchises that have standed the test of time. hell ff cant even compare to supermario alone and thats all of its games combined. and if you remember well ff was originally a nintendo classic until ps came out with cd based format that was cheaper to produce but had loadtimes that would make a grown man cry. On another note they released ff3 on the ds and the psp has better graphics so whats the deal. Graphics dont mean a damn if you have a system with lackluster games *cough*ps3*cough* hell if the 360 got it sony still will have a hell of a time convincing me to come over. You sony fanboys are anoying and pointless i lovve nintendo but i dont try to cover up it mistakes because im so blind with my love of the brand. Sony is getting theirs and its about time and if it takes nintendo,sega, and microsoft to give them the asswhooping so be it. Sony is nothing but a conartist in disguise and when you say that ps will replace home computers in the future you dont expect bill gates to take that lying down. and what about the dreamcast im sure sega wants some pay back for that. and nintendo this time is not going out without a fight look at the ds 2 to 1 margine psp. this is what happens when sony tries to take on everyone at the same time. nintendo knows games and does games but not sony they have to attack apple, microsoft, and everyone else they can think of. If sony loses all of its titles, well karma's a biotch aint it? Finally the use of exclusive is becoming worthless now games beside mario and co and halo are not exclusive anymore if you have not noticed GTA anyone? games are becomeing timed-exclusives meaning the ps3 gets to have it for 4-5 months as an exclusive and then other systems will receive it except it may have a few etras and a little more polish added. A la RE4(supposedly exclusive) though the gamecube version had better graphics the ps2 has more features added so ps2 fans wouldnt go its the same damn game. in short go get some money buy timewarner digital cable and watch g4 or go to ign before you act all high and mighty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"