Y'know, you THINK Sony are doing badly exclusive wise but...

paragraph. learn it. love it. more importantly, USE IT.

forum.internet.at home.not at school.

For your information your sentence is a fragment, if you live in America or any developed country for that matter i believe schooling is free until the 12th grade. I'm pretty sure school should have covered that chapter somewhere. Also you started a new fragment sentence I would think you would at least know that words after a period need to be capitalized. So to you my friend: School. Go there. Stay there. And most importantly learn something so that tax payers dollars do not go to waste.

Sincerely,

SupahSaiyangirl

Hey, all I've heard is opinions on this thread, and the 360 fanboys have been especially antagonistic, but like something Kato said from GI, lets wait a few years (1-3) to see how this will really turn out. I personally can't see Sony turning into dust after all they've done, and I think moving Kaz was a great idea, but thats just me. All I know is I'm still waiting for price drops(or MGS4), to get any next-gen systems, and my PS2 still plays some pretty awesome titles, like: RE4, Subsistence, GOWII, Bully, FFXII, Onimusha 4, San Andreas, Okami, and MUCH, MUCH more, so I'm good for another eight months, at the very least.

Hey, all I've heard is opinions on this thread, and the 360 fanboys have been especially antagonistic, but like something Kato said from GI, lets wait a few years (1-3) to see how this will really turn out. I personally can't see Sony turning into dust after all they've done, and I think moving Kaz was a great idea, but thats just me. All I know is I'm still waiting for price drops(or MGS4), to get any next-gen systems, and my PS2 still plays some pretty awesome titles, like: RE4, Subsistence, GOWII, Bully, FFXII, Onimusha 4, San Andreas, Okami, and MUCH, MUCH more, so I'm good for another eight months, at the very least.

did i say final fantasy if you read instead of posting blindly i said square is developing more titles for nintendo than sony this time around and if you think ff can save sony alone you are insane my friend...

FF13 might be jumping off the ps3 ship square has been developing more titles for the wii hinting that the days of sonys dominance of the franchise might becoming to an end.

Hrmm, it appears that yes, yes you did say Final Fantasy. The Wii doesn't have the graphical power to handle the FF franchise, and the 360 doesn't have enough support in Japan to warrant a switch. Sony's dominance of the franchise will stay intact. In fact, the PS3 will likely be the console of choice for JRPGs, ensuring that in Japan it will likely catch up to the Wii once some more games come out for it.

hell even the xbox had to put some ***** together halo 1 and two to keep the xbox alive. so sony gets ff i doubt that will hurt nintendo too much who has dozens of steady and stable franchises that have standed the test of time. hell ff cant even compare to supermario alone and thats all of its games combined. and if you remember well ff was originally a nintendo classic until ps came out with cd based format that was cheaper to produce but had loadtimes that would make a grown man cry. On another note they released ff3 on the ds and the psp has better graphics so whats the deal. Graphics dont mean a damn if you have a system with lackluster games *cough*ps3*cough* hell if the 360 got it sony still will have a hell of a time convincing me to come over. You sony fanboys are anoying and pointless i lovve nintendo but i dont try to cover up it mistakes because im so blind with my love of the brand. Sony is getting theirs and its about time and if it takes nintendo,sega, and microsoft to give them the asswhooping so be it. Sony is nothing but a conartist in disguise and when you say that ps will replace home computers in the future you dont expect bill gates to take that lying down. and what about the dreamcast im sure sega wants some pay back for that. and nintendo this time is not going out without a fight look at the ds 2 to 1 margine psp. this is what happens when sony tries to take on everyone at the same time. nintendo knows games and does games but not sony they have to attack apple, microsoft, and everyone else they can think of. If sony loses all of its titles, well karma's a biotch aint it? Finally the use of exclusive is becoming worthless now games beside mario and co and halo are not exclusive anymore if you have not noticed GTA anyone? games are becomeing timed-exclusives meaning the ps3 gets to have it for 4-5 months as an exclusive and then other systems will receive it except it may have a few etras and a little more polish added. A la RE4(supposedly exclusive) though the gamecube version had better graphics the ps2 has more features added so ps2 fans wouldnt go its the same damn game. in short go get some money buy timewarner digital cable and watch g4 or go to ign before you act all high and mighty.

I take it english isn't your first language. Either that or you're 12. Sega wants payback eh? Is that why its developing games for the PS3? Thought so.

I also find it funny that you call me a Sony Fanboy because I stated the fact that the Wii isn't capable of running FFXIII. I didn't say "Wii SUXORZ BECAUSE THE SUPER AMAZING PS3 HAS FFXIII AND THE Wii DOESN'T!!!! LONG LIVE PS3" I'm just going for the system that has the games I want to play. So far no system has any games I want to play. All the games I want to play are currently still under development. Assassin's Creed, GTA 4, MGS4, FFXIII, Fable 2, etc. Right now I'm leaning towards PS3 because it has just as many exclusives as the 360 that I want to play, plus blu-ray. If Mass Effect comes to PC then that pushes me right into the PS3 camp since thats my main reason for wanting a 360 and when it comes to cross platform, I tend to go for PC since its usually the same only with better graphics and faster load times.

Wii right now has one game I'm interested in. Super Mario RPG, for the virtual console. Not really something worth buying the system for.

forum.internet.at home.not at school.

For your information your sentence is a fragment, if you live in America or any developed country for that matter i believe schooling is free until the 12th grade. I'm pretty sure school should have covered that chapter somewhere. Also you started a new fragment sentence I would think you would at least know that words after a period need to be capitalized. So to you my friend: School. Go there. Stay there. And most importantly learn something so that tax payers dollars do not go to waste.

Sincerely,

SupahSaiyangirl

oh gee, look at that. :rolleyes:

SupahSaiyingirl said:
FF13 might be jumping off the ps3 ship square has been developing more titles for the wii hinting that the days of sonys dominance of the franchise might becoming to an end. unfortunately the ps3 has not been living up to its promises and those who were on board with the ps3 in the begining are starting to look elsewhere. at this time major companies like capcom, namco, and others have been flocking towards the 360 and wii. not to say the ps3 is down and out but if this trend continues sony may repeat history like sega when the showdown of dreamcast against ps2 happened. sega did not have dvd players in their system when dvd was becoming popular but the ps2 did and it was cheaper than the standalone players at the time. Just like sony capitalized on the fact that gamers were maturing and wanted more mature games which nintendo knowing its history is not notorious for. maybe its coming back full circle those guys that were tomb raider and silent hill fans dont want the hardcore games anymore and want something simple and quick to play. This would explain why its easier to find a kidney in japan than a DS, the japanese are addicted to them creating a 2 or 3 to 1 margane in the case of ds vs. psp sales. I remeber when everyone said the ds would fail but two and half years later the script has fliped and the psp is limping along barely. Whatever microsoft is doing whether paying developers off or what its working and DMC 4 is now coming to the 360 as well as other once ps3 exclusives. The fiasco of the european and austrailian launch are some indicators that sony is not the brand it once was. I mean the only place the ps3 was a really big deal was America(if you dont know already there were riots and shootings in front of walmarts in conneticut -_-) but most of those people picked up a ps3 to sell it thousands of dollars above mark up price(0ne went for 20,000!!??) showing that even the fanboys were wary of the ps3. and after a week the wii came out and was talked about for the rest of the month and even into december by everyone. I mean it had the best week ever on this show on VH1 called best week ever nintendo racked up free publicity without even trying. and sony's commercials didnt help matters i still dont get the baby one will someon explain please my brain nearly had a seizure trying to understand the logic that is sony!!?? I love nintendo and i will be the first to admit that nintendo made some bad moves with the gamecube but they learned and improved do you think that sony's ego may have been its undoing? i believe so sony thinks its invincible but sony is playing major catch up lets hope that now that the lawsuit with the people who make the dualshock ends so there is rumble hell even the wii has a little of it in their controler. So in short though i despise you sony pay off developer beat microsoft with a stick ask you long time rival nintendo for advice. but do something otherwise the exclusive will be jumping ship permanently.

at least my post was readable.

you're wrong. I'm right. admit it. end of story.

Go jump off a cliff jackass. I dont need you to correct my english. hah if you coundnt read it then how the hell did you come up with a post for it. my dear friend take my previous advice and do yourself and all of us a favor. If you find pleasure in correcting my grammer go right ahead, you just proved one thing. YOU HAVE NO LIFE! And to Oerwinde if by segs developing games for the ps3, i do hope the new sonic game is not what you are refering to. If so dear god Sony better hope Sega isnt trying to sabatoge them, that game was terrible and no amount of sugar coating can cover that. I said if you can read that FF might go somewhere else not to the WII. I also said that Square was developing more games for the Wii and other systems, hell for all i know square could put the game on the pc. And whatsd wrong with putting it on the wii, you make it sound as though it has n64 graphics. It may not have the best graphics but its still can put out some nice scenes provided the devloper pushes the system to its limits. And when did it come down to a matter of which system has the better graphics, if there are only five playstaion3 for every 20 wiis your going to pick the sytem thats going to sell units not the one that has the better grahics. Based on your logig the psp should have gotten ff3 but did it? no it did not, why? because even a four old child knows that you go where you know your going to sell your product. Maybe you should try other games that way you wont have to wait so long. This might be the perfect oportunity to expand your views about other games you wouldnt neccessarily play the cames you listed you want to play are not exactly a varity are they? Anyway Im out i have a headache and i dont have time for childish bickering about frivelous things(like whether english is my first language, well lets see i was born in Brooklyn NY in the US of A english is the Defacto language of the united states ive lived in America for 16 years now (meaning I'm 16 not 12 if thats too much information to process) so that would make english is my first language if thats what you wanted to know).

P.S. heres a $1 go use it to help buy your ipod ^_^

Hey guys, how about you shut the **** up and actually contribute to this thread!!!

Go jump off a cliff jackass. I dont need you to correct my english. hah if you coundnt read it then how the hell did you come up with a post for it. my dear friend take my previous advice and do yourself and all of us a favor. If you find pleasure in correcting my grammer go right ahead, you just proved one thing. YOU HAVE NO LIFE! And to Oerwinde if by segs developing games for the ps3, i do hope the new sonic game is not what you are refering to. If so dear god Sony better hope Sega isnt trying to sabatoge them, that game was terrible and no amount of sugar coating can cover that. I said if you can read that FF might go somewhere else not to the WII. I also said that Square was developing more games for the Wii and other systems, hell for all i know square could put the game on the pc. And whatsd wrong with putting it on the wii, you make it sound as though it has n64 graphics. It may not have the best graphics but its still can put out some nice scenes provided the devloper pushes the system to its limits. And when did it come down to a matter of which system has the better graphics, if there are only five playstaion3 for every 20 wiis your going to pick the sytem thats going to sell units not the one that has the better grahics. Based on your logig the psp should have gotten ff3 but did it? no it did not, why? because even a four old child knows that you go where you know your going to sell your product. Maybe you should try other games that way you wont have to wait so long. This might be the perfect oportunity to expand your views about other games you wouldnt neccessarily play the cames you listed you want to play are not exactly a varity are they? Anyway Im out i have a headache and i dont have time for childish bickering about frivelous things(like whether english is my first language, well lets see i was born in Brooklyn NY in the US of A english is the Defacto language of the united states ive lived in America for 16 years now (meaning I'm 16 not 12 if thats too much information to process) so that would make english is my first language if thats what you wanted to know).

P.S. heres a $1 go use it to help buy your ipod ^_^

Asking whether or not english was your first language was to find out whether or not your atrocious grammar and punctuation was due to a lack of knowlege of the english language, which is excusable, being too young to have a firm grasp of the written language, which is also excusable, or just being a moron. Since you've shot down the first two, I suppose the 3rd is true.

Anyway, I'm not saying I prefer graphics over gameplay, that just the way Squeenix sees things lately. With the core FF series they keep pushing the visuals, and as the 360 is a non-issue in Japan, they have to choose between the high end machine, and the low end party game machine, I personally think they made the right choice. I also think the Wii's sales are impossible to ignore and we'll definitely see some Square games on the Wii, just not core FF games.

And FF3 going to the DS was a no brainer too. Its a remake of an old nintendo game. Why would they go anywhere else but the DS? If they want to push the visuals, they go for the PSP, as we're seeing with Crisis Core. FF3 didn't need crazy visuals.

As for Sega putting games on the PS3, they have Armored Core 4, Virtua Fighter 5, an unannounced RPG by Obsidian that is rumored to be hitting the PS3... likely more as well. I just mentioned the key ones obviously, and before you say "Well thats just a couple games" they don't have many for the 360 or Wii either.

And I don't mind waiting to choose a system. I still have lots of PS2 games I haven't finished or even started yet. Plus all sorts of super fun PC games. Though I might have to just bite the bullet and buy a PS3 before the Transformers game comes out so I can get the prettier version instead of the PS2 version. Should also buy one before they start pulling the hardware emulation out of North American consoles so I'll still be able to play those games that I haven't finished or started yet.

Also, iPods are teh suck. I want a Creative Zen Vision W.:up:

Asking whether or not english was your first language was to find out whether or not your atrocious grammar and punctuation was due to a lack of knowlege of the english language, which is excusable, being too young to have a firm grasp of the written language, which is also excusable, or just being a moron. Since you've shot down the first two, I suppose the 3rd is true.

Anyway, I'm not saying I prefer graphics over gameplay, that just the way Squeenix sees things lately. With the core FF series they keep pushing the visuals, and as the 360 is a non-issue in Japan, they have to choose between the high end machine, and the low end party game machine, I personally think they made the right choice. I also think the Wii's sales are impossible to ignore and we'll definitely see some Square games on the Wii, just not core FF games.

And FF3 going to the DS was a no brainer too. Its a remake of an old nintendo game. Why would they go anywhere else but the DS? If they want to push the visuals, they go for the PSP, as we're seeing with Crisis Core. FF3 didn't need crazy visuals.

As for Sega putting games on the PS3, they have Armored Core 4, Virtua Fighter 5, an unannounced RPG by Obsidian that is rumored to be hitting the PS3... likely more as well. I just mentioned the key ones obviously, and before you say "Well thats just a couple games" they don't have many for the 360 or Wii either.

And I don't mind waiting to choose a system. I still have lots of PS2 games I haven't finished or even started yet. Plus all sorts of super fun PC games. Though I might have to just bite the bullet and buy a PS3 before the Transformers game comes out so I can get the prettier version instead of the PS2 version. Should also buy one before they start pulling the hardware emulation out of North American consoles so I'll still be able to play those games that I haven't finished or started yet.

Also, iPods are teh suck. I want a Creative Zen Vision W.:up:

I think it's quite ironic that you say ipods suck, yet your sig tells a different story.

I think it's quite ironic that you say ipods suck, yet your sig tells a different story.

Ha, I forgot about that. I put that in there before I actually got a hold of one. I think the deal is even expired. Wanted an iPod video, friend at work got one, let me borrow it, turned out it was pretty much useless as iPods can't handle avi files, and it took me a half hour to convert a 3 minute .mov file to iPod format, then another 10 minutes to load it onto the iPod. Creative Zen Vision can handle divx and xvid .avi files, which are the most commonly distributed formats on the internet and hence are the large majority of my video files.

I also hate iTunes. When I found out it was required to use it for an iPod, it increased my hate of iPods.

Yeah, I share your hate.

I dunno, yeah they look cool- but they are extremely buggy...the battery life ios horrendous and.....it's consumerism at it's peak [then again, what isn't?].

I have a Sony Walkman NW-E and it's suited me just fine.

[though sonicstage is a bieeatch at times to use].

FF and MGS will be going multi format soon, and I will laugh when they do.

http://www.ps3center.net/story-394.html

ask and ye shall recieve, FF13 is no longer exclusive to PS3

That was a misinterpreted story that we've already debunked:

The core Final Fantasy XIII title is still a Playstation 3 exclusive. The spin-offs such as Final Fantasy XIII Agito and other unannounced Final Fantasy XIII titles will be appearing on other platforms such as the Nintendo DS, the PSP, mobile phones, etc.

hippie_hunter said:
Yep, here's the damn scan. At this moment Final Fantasy XIII IS A PLAYSTATION 3 EXCLUSIVE!!!!

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/scans/142ff13 3.jpg

And for those too damn lazy to look it up here's what Motomu Toriyama said about it:

Motomu Toriyama said:
In fact, the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII project isn't just limited to three titles - there are many different aspects. In terms of formats we're reaching, as well, it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones. In Latin, Fabula Nova Crystallis means "New Crystal Story" and we're using that as a base for the project, but there are many characters and legends that are branching off this main story and universe. It's a huge project.

I'll put this in laymans terms for those who rush to conclusions:

Final Fantasy XIII -- currently exclusive to the Playstation 3

Final Fantasy XIII spin-offs -- some will appear on the Playstation 3, others will appear on other platforms such as mobile phones, the Nintendo DS, the Playstation Portable, the Wii, movies/anime, or if Microsoft is lucky, the Xbox 360.

There, let's put an end to this before it becomes an actual discussion and turns into a flame war between the Xbots boasting how the Playstation 3 is losing everything and the Sony ****es then ***** and moan.

In other news, one AWESOME looking game to add to the list, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge (also on PC)

Looks shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I think he's adding it to the exclusivity list, not the list of games losing exclusivity.(is exclusivity a word?)

Off topic: People who ***** about the cost of PC gaming aren't doing it right. You can buy a $200 video card and with enough ram get a good 2-4 years out of it. Not too much worse than a console. My last video card lasted me 4 years, and was still running new games great, it just wasn't capable of shader model 2, which eliminated some of the upcoming games i wanted to play, requiring an upgrade. As processor power isn't the deciding factor in gaming, a processor can last you even longer. If you know where to shop, and build it yourself, you can get a decent gaming PC for $1000, which allows you to surf the net, play games, mod games, listen to music, do word processing, watch movies/tv, chat with friends, and many other things.

I think he's adding it to the exclusivity list, not the list of games losing exclusivity.(is exclusivity a word?)
Oh ok. I guess it depends on how the wording is interpreted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"