Yo! Where the vehicles at?

AnorexicBatman

Sidekick
Reaction score
No really! I would love to know?
The vehicles were 50% of Joe and the other 50% were the characters.
What has Stupid Sommers done with my beloved Vamp(tm) ?

There are a ****ton of GI JOE/Cobra vehicles/transports, etc in this movie. Seriously, there are a ridiculous amount of them. Both sides have hovercrafts and attack wagon things, Cobra has burrowing vehicles, there are submarines, personal watercraft, high tech jets, jetpacks, you name it. And then there are the regular military vehicles which seem to be pretty high tech as well. The JUMP tech is mentioned, and there are vehicles that reminded me of the following:

VAMP
Water Moccasin
Stinger
S.H.A.R.C. or Sea Ray
Night Raven jet/Vector Jet
Jet Packs
Earth Borer

Last edited:
Let me guess... they are all black vans, jeeps and modified harrier jets?

Nope. Some of them are, but the ones that are have like, hidden missles and whatnot.

Are there HISS tanks by any chance?

I don't remember any. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a sequel, though. Tanks and snowsleds are about the only kind of vehicles not in this movie. Granted, Cobra doesn't exist yet in the storyline. There aren't too many "battlefield" scenes. The major battle is underwater, as I recall.

Im guessing the vehicle that shoots the missiles at the power suited Joe's is supposed to be a modern version of the Cobra Stinger maybe? only the missiles are on the side opposed to being on top like the Stinger. Also in the trailer when they are all walking side by side in a hangar I wonder if those are supposed to be Conquest X-30's in the background. Go to the screencaps thread to see what Im talking about.

I believe it's actually called a Stinger in the script. Can't remember. The script names everything. The GI Joes have a jump jet called a "Howler", that may be what you're referring to.

Ah. Hisstank has a list of them:

Cougar - Patrol Vehicle
Grizzly - Armored Attack Vehicle
Howler (Attack/Transport Hovercopter)
The PIT (Egypt FTW You get to see the base and them train)
Jet Packs (J.U.M.P.)
G.I. Joe Battle Carrier Submarine (Shark Transport)
Shark (Many)

Typhoon GunShip (Attack Hovercopter)
M.A.R.S Factory - Destro's Base (Polar Ice Cap FTW what a great description of this place M.A.R.S. Logo On Everything)
Trident (Destro's Submarine)
Night Raven
Mole Pod (Buzz Bore)
Scarab (Baroness - Attack Vehicle - The SUV From Hell)
Mantis (Cobra Attack Sub)

I thought that like half of this movie's budget is going towards the vehicles? :huh:

I have a feeling that our first good look at them is going to come via leaked toy prototype photos... You'd think that if this movie is going to have awesome vehicles though, they'd be showing them off in the trailers more! Considering this is from the same director who had a hydrogen blimp made out of an old pirate ship in The Mummy Returns though, my vehicular expectations are fairly high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"