Yo, Joe vs. Go, Joe!: What's going on?

Darthkush

Avenger
Reaction score
I wonder if I'm the only person noticing this but I'm starting to question it. I've noticed that many webmasters in their various reviews and comments on the new film are saying, "Go, Joe" alot. Why? See, I grew up with G.I. Joe and I thought it 's always been, "Yo, Joe". Now, many of said webmasters who are saying, "Go" are a lot older than me. They're in their late 30's early 40's while many of the people my age(i'm 26) or slightly older(up till about 36 or so) all say, "yo, joe". So...my question is, during the Kung fu grip doll era, was it "go, joe" and the older guys are saying what they know or are they simply messing up, Yo Joe.

A silly question but I'm at boxofficeguru.com right now and I just saw "go, joe" AGAIN for like the 5th time in the past few days and I had to say something.

Odd that I saw this thread, because I was just thinking about last night during the midnight showing some fat guy kept yelling "GO JOE!" and my friend said "Isn't it YO JOE?".

Not sure. Im one of those "old guys" LOL, Im 36 and grew up on ARAH. Its Yo Joe. Heavy Duty even says it in the film. Not sure where the GO Joe is coming from.

Odd that I saw this thread, because I was just thinking about last night during the midnight showing some fat guy kept yelling "GO JOE!" and my friend said "Isn't it YO JOE?".

Is it possible there's a contingent of folks who misheard it years ago and thought they heard Go Joe instead? When I was a kid watching ninja turtles, I thought it was "calabunga" instead of cowabunga for a couple of years lol.

Not sure. Im one of those "old guys" LOL, Im 36 and grew up on ARAH. Its Yo Joe. Heavy Duty even says it in the film. Not sure where the GO Joe is coming from.
It's hard to tell because of the actors accent but I hear him say "GO JOE" in the credits.

And when I was a kid I thought the "Robots In Disguise" in the TF theme was "Robots In The Skies".

I looked it up to see if I could find anything on the subject.

I think it's one of the following.

#1 People just heard it wrong and went with "Go Joe" instead.

#2 Sometimes Go Joe sounds better.

I know myself, sometimes I feel Go Joe sounds better than Yo Joe depending on how the term is used.

Much like The Batman vs Batman. I always say Batman.

Or The Rock vs Rock.

I grew up on GIJoe ARAH, I'm in my early 30's and its always been Yo Joe!

Go Yo????? all those other people are nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"