You know it's true: The Watchmen 2 Thread

Rorschach #1 is a great read. It's the only BW I have got a chance to read so far.

Not a whole lot going on in this thread, but Minutemen #4 was absolutely superb. Silhouette has become such a fascinating character.

I have to say, Minutemen is the only series that I feel absolutely deserves a place in the Watchmen canon. It's fantastic and the only series that feels like something I'll remember in a few years and want to read and re-read again. The other series are varying degrees of okay or good (except Comedian which I think is just bad), but nothing quite worthy of the Watchmen brand. Minutemen is the only one so good it feels like it could have been written by Moore himself. Cooke has done an excellent job of fleshing out all the characters, but he made Silhouette his own. My favorite new comic this year. It'll be a shame if the boycotters miss it. Okay, I'll stop gushing, but this book is seriously good and not getting the press it deserves.

Last edited:
Minutemen has definitely been the best thing about the Before Watchmen comic books :up:

Minutemen is by far the best. I'd probably order it minutemen, ozymandius, Roarschach, night owl, silk specter, comedian, then dr manhattan.

I'm actually liking Nite Owl quite a bit, but I am a little biased towards the character. The art is probably my favorite of the bunch. The ones I thought I'd like the least are two of my favorites as well, Manhattan and Ozymandias. To be honest, I'm throughly enjoying every series. It's not really mind-blowing, but they're all great reads.

They're all good. I'm impressed with what we've got. All solid reads. Nite owl is good. It'll be interesting to see how they tie it up next issue

Yeah, I must say I also really enjoyed all the ones I've read this far. I was one of those sceptical to the whole idea, but I'm glad I checked this out.

My rankings:

Minutemen A+
Silk Spectre A-
Dr Manhattan A-
Rorschach B+ (but rating could rise or drop depending on future issues)
Ozymandias B
Nite Owl B- (enjoyable, but the heavy focus on Rorschach overcrowds the narrative a bit)
Comedian D+ (sorry, not a fan. Pacing is just terribly handled. Things rush around so much there's no time for emotional investment. Don't care for how Comedian is written in this too. Friend of JFK? Crapping on the sidewalk? Okay then...)

I can't stand Comedian or Rorschach so those two series i just havent bothered with

I'm liking Nite Owl because i like the funky dominatrix lady in it she's cool :)

Ozymandias has been good too I've been digging that one

Are these being delayed? The last one I picked up was minutemen last week. I don't think my store sells out. There's always some on the shelf

I thought we would get a new 6 issues mini-series, but we get 6 issues around each character?
Hmpff...I was gonna trade wait.

Are these being delayed? The last one I picked up was minutemen last week. I don't think my store sells out. There's always some on the shelf
I was wondering that myself. The guy at my shop said that the various issues were being timed so that a new one of some kind came out each week, but it seems to me that the last two weeks at least there haven't been any. I am only reading the Rorshach, but I hate to wait like another two months for the next one to come out of they are all being delayed. :(

I just got a bunch of the issues, so far I've been liking all of them. Particularly Cooke's stuff and Nite-Owl.

So what's going on? After a flawless weekly release schedule that held for months we've only gotten one unexpected and (imo) piss-poor Moloch issue in the last month plus. Is this a result of poor planning by DC or is this some weird version of a mid-season break for the books? If the trouble was with one writer or one artist meeting deadlines, then why have all the books been delayed? This is baffling and frustrating. I don't know what DC is thinking here, but having a huge wait like this will really hurt the sales of these books.

I asked my store guy and he said only something about Moore possibly giving DC grief but I don't know if it is even true. Diamond has at least one issue of something coming out next week so maybe it really was just abreak so the artists can catch up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Another fantastic issue of Minutemen! Even if the other 'Before' minis range from okay to crap (*cough*comedian*cough*) Minutemen single-handedly justifies the existence of the 'Before' line. Maybe my favorite mini of the year and definitely deserves more press.

I'm ready for more Manhattan and Rorschach damn it!

Manhattan and Rorschach are pretty good. Rorschach has a very 'Taxi Driver' feel to it. They are good reads, but they haven't grabbed me like Minutemen yet. Just imo of course.

Manhattan is the one that's really grabbed me. I love how science fictiony it all is. The second issue was just awesome

I need to start collecting all of them, how many issues did they release so far?

4-5 for each that goes 6 issues, some are complete already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"