No Way Home "You Stopped Me Once. You Won't stop me again!" - Rhys Ifans Returns As The Lizard

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
rhys-ifans-the-lizard-amazing-spider-man.jpg

Since everyone is creating threads for the leaked multiverse Sinister Six, figured we couldn't exclude the scaley boy himself. What are you expecting out of the Lizard's return in NWH, redesign and characterization wise?

They'll give him a snout because everyone and their mother wants him to have one apparently lol.

Curious to see how they can show Rhys Ifans humanity/performance if they go for a less humanoid design.

Out of all the villains, this is probably the one I'm least excited to see. I imagine they can do a better job than ASM1 though but we'll see. I definitely want him to have a coat tho :oldrazz:

For years I was a strong supporter of this face design, cause it's hard to make a snout talk and make it look plausible.

But MCU hit it with Howard the Duck and managed to make his beak talk and make it work, a special big WELL DONE to the effects team for Guardians of the Galaxy. I believe talking through the snout is bound to look more than simply plausible.

Where the bad place is this coming from?

Is the Lizard in it now?

Well he better have a snout and also a labcoat and purple pants. I don't want him just looking like an uncivilised reptile! Also give him a wife and son this time.

Where the bad place is this coming from?
Basically, some peeps started creating threads from the ViewerAnon (and SpideyForever245) claims on the leak thread without waiting for official confirmation first, so I sort of followed suit.

And while I believe all of these will end up being confirmed down the line, I still think it was a bit too soon to jump the gun. On the off-chance that the worst comes to shove, we ask a mod to lock or delete these threads if the subject matter does not materialize.

Then we need a Ned as Hog-goblin thread. :o

Honestly this Sinister 6 line-up is deadly. The Lizard is effectively immortal with Wolverine level Regen.

Rhino is a walking tank.

Ock is not only a genius but can handle multiple enemies at once.

Goblin is a flying tank.

Electro can render MCU Peter's suit useless and if we're being comic accurate is the most powerful one present.

Finally we have Sandman, who we all know is basically an untouchable monster.

I have no trouble believing if the leaks are true that they hand Holland his ash early on. If not outright bully the guy.

I'm still hoping the rumour of the Lizard and Rhino being a part of the Sinister Six is utter nonsense. I would not be against Rhys Ifans (or even Dylan Baker) returning as Curt Conners, but it's such a terrible idea to have him as part of the team. You have to ignore the whole 'turn everyone into reptiles' motivation which makes it difficult for him to naturally work with other villains.

Then there is Paul Giamatti's Rhino and how terrible that was. You honestly gonna tell me someone is sriously thinking about having him back? There are better candidates for the Sinister Six and you should build the team up over sevrral movies, not blow your load on one crossover.

Redesigns and better writing will fix that.

I wonder how the lizard gets taken out this time? Perhaps electricity could work since physical damage heals. But what about internal shutdowns? Taser Webs.

Freezing him works too. Perhaps Strange comes through with an ice spell?

There's also his human side to pander too. Kinda mad if he is in this because I know they won't get to explore the intricate implications of Conners and Peter's past.

This is the inclusion that still puzzles me to be frank. He's not a good fit, I'll still take him over Rhino, but there's too much conflict here for me to buy. I just can't picture him calling a truce with the others and set aside his scheme of turning everyone into lizards, just as much as I can't see the others not realising it would be much more convenient to kill him because he'll always be a potential threat.

It's a shame as they have effectively sidelined both Vulture and Scorpion who seem like more natural S6 members. Hopefully the concept of a more ideal team isn't skipped and maybe Ock and/or Goblin can recruit them later.

Though I have to wonder. Is Ifans even returning? I haven't seen anything indicating he might and it's not unknown the contempt he has shown for comicbook movies and his role as the lizard. Perhaps they could swap him out for Dylan Baker? On the other hand perhaps they've gone with a less intelligent iteration of the lizard who has no lines and there is no Dr. Conners present in the movie.

I don’t think we need to see Curt Connors, honestly. Wouldn’t be mad if that were the case.

Part of me thinks they only cast actors for 3 of the villains. so I'm not expecting Ifans to return.

I do think there will be a little bit of getting around so they don't have to acknowledge certain things with the villains. Kurt Conners would probably get in the way.

hq720.jpg

This is the inclusion that still puzzles me to be frank. He's not a good fit, I'll still take him over Rhino, but there's too much conflict here for me to buy. I just can't picture him calling a truce with the others and set aside his scheme of turning everyone into lizards, just as much as I can't see the others not realising it would be much more convenient to kill him because he'll always be a potential threat.

It's a shame as they have effectively sidelined both Vulture and Scorpion who seem like more natural S6 members. Hopefully the concept of a more ideal team isn't skipped and maybe Ock and/or Goblin can recruit them later.

Though I have to wonder. Is Ifans even returning? I haven't seen anything indicating he might and it's not unknown the contempt he has shown for comicbook movies and his role as the lizard. Perhaps they could swap him out for Dylan Baker? On the other hand perhaps they've gone with a less intelligent iteration of the lizard who has no lines and there is no Dr. Conners present in the movie.

There's no way the rest of the Six can comfortably ally themselves with him. Once they let their guards down they'll find they start mutating into lizards themselves.

And really, are there no other disgruntled ex Stark employees they can find instead of Lizard who could make up their numbers? Why would they have to resort to including him on their team?

I don't think his motivations will be the same when he finds himself in another reality.

There's no way the rest of the Six can comfortably ally themselves with him. Once they let their guards down they'll find they start mutating into lizards themselves.

And really, are there no other disgruntled ex Stark employees they can find instead of Lizard who could make up their numbers? Why would they have to resort to including him on their team?

I don't think it's that big of a deal, honesty. At the end of the day, it's a multiverse film, so it's understandable why they decided to include Lizard over another disgruntled Stark employee. Easier to establish motivations that way.

Lizard doesn't even need dialogue tbh. They can just hire someone like Robin Atkin Downes to make roaring and growling noises if Ifans doesn't come back.

I think the leaks said Rhys Ifans is reprising the role so he will speak at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"