No Way Home "You Stopped Me Once. You Won't stop me again!" - Rhys Ifans Returns As The Lizard

I think the leaks said Rhys Ifans is reprising the role so he will speak at the very least.

Makes sense. He said back in 2011 that the only reason he took the role was for the money, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same situation here.

Lizard doesn't even need dialogue tbh. They can just hire someone like Robin Atkin Downes to make roaring and growling noises if Ifans doesn't come back.

This would irritate me even more. It would be one thing if it were a seperate iteration unconnected to ASM who they established as essentially mute, but this is instead contradicting his previously established character traits.

Makes sense. He said back in 2011 that the only reason he took the role was for the money, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same situation here.

I can understand Ifans plight, even after what he said, but at the same time I can't help but think how simple it would be to cast Dylan Baker in the role and have someone who would likely be a lot more enthusiastic for the opportunity.

Last edited:
I'm still hoping the rumour of the Lizard and Rhino being a part of the Sinister Six is utter nonsense. I would not be against Rhys Ifans (or even Dylan Baker) returning as Curt Conners, but it's such a terrible idea to have him as part of the team. You have to ignore the whole 'turn everyone into reptiles' motivation which makes it difficult for him to naturally work with other villains.
I understand your gripe against it, but they could make it that he just wants to stand against the kid who stopped him from his plan, he did attack the school just to get at Peter Parker to remind him that he won't stop them.

The Lizard was handled so poorly in TASM. Ifans gave a decently affecting performance but the character was handicapped by that truly atrocious design and bad writing. I predict he won't be in very much of NWH except as muscle for the more central antagonists alongside Rhino, so the least they can do is make him more menacing and give him a better design.

The Lizard was handled so poorly in TASM. Ifans gave a decently affecting performance but the character was handicapped by that truly atrocious design and bad writing. I predict he won't be in very much of NWH except as muscle for the more central antagonists alongside Rhino, so the least they can do is make him more menacing and give him a better design.
Yeah, I think Lizard and Rhino are gonna get the least to work with lol. Even from the trailer with Electro blasting and Sandman defending Spidey we can already tell Sandman is gonna get some sympathetic beats to work with again.

Yeah, I think Lizard and Rhino are gonna get the least to work with lol. Even from the trailer with Electro blasting and Sandman defending Spidey we can already tell Sandman is gonna get some sympathetic beats to work with again.

Unless both the lightning blasts and the sand monster are actually illusions of Mysterio like in Far From Home? You'd have to think he'll show up at the end so that, if there was no actual murder, Spider-Man cannot be guilty of one.

Thats kinda the interesting thing. Electro, Doc Ock and Goblin kinda did die in their movies. the other 3 didn't.

Yeah. Looks largely the same as far as I can tell. If they wanted to keep the same profile then it would be nice to see him dressed up like the classic Ditko version.

Big CGI muscular green guy is still the least interesting way to do the Lizard visually, hoping the face looks better this time.

FEXDMO4WQAQNepY

FEXa0E-VIAcvs71

I'm so confused why we are rehashing the villains from the ****ty Spider-Man movies that people didn't like it as much.

Are we going to do a Return of Bruce Wayne movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Besides the bulkiness, his face design definitely looks a bit different/updated. I honestly like this look much more.

I would have appreciated a lab coat and pants, but at least he doesn't look like a goomba from the 1993 Mario movie anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"