No Way Home "You Stopped Me Once. You Won't stop me again!" - Rhys Ifans Returns As The Lizard

Too bad Lizard didn't get transported to the MCU when he was wearing the labcoat. Don't mind the snoutless face as it looks a little like the Ditko version but the labcoat would've made a big difference aesthetically speaking.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….

The treatment of Sandman and Lizard this time around was just flat out criminal. A massive Hollywood blockbuster using recycled footage…

Yeah... They could easily gave them dialogues that say something about them, their past and motives instead of cheap quips.

The reused footage from TASM was a little less recognizable than the SM3 footage. But they were both awkward since neither of them said anything after being cured and it did show something was a little off.

Found this unused design from the tv-show Grimm. It looks pretty great, minus the ear obviously
jeradsmarantz-grimm-season-1-repti-1-7f4d61bb-6aes.jpg

Same basic idea as the TASM Lizard design, except fiercer. I never thought that the lack of snout was the main issue, they could've easily made it work without.

I have never had an issue with the Lizards design. and im glad they kept it for No Way Home. But i will say the CGI on the Lizard was abit of a step-down. Especially in the prison scenes.

I'm honestly super peeved that they didnt give him a fricken lab coat.

Like... Seems like a huge F U to Todd Macfarlane. Two appearances of a character he practically made and they couldnt pay homage to that imagery one time.

There was literally a perfect scene when they were all working on villain cures and he could have helped but he "stayed in the van" -_-

Apparently there was a deleted scene with Dr Strange figuring out something is wrong, and teleporting himself into a dark sewer. Shot abit like a horror movie. where he has a brief fight with the Lizard who scratches him around the face. I read you can still see the scratch in the film after he teleports peter away from the bridge.

I'm wondering if the brief look we did get of Ifans was just recycled footage from TASM 1...what do you guys think?
in a way, it makes since, given he (and Church for that matter) were suppose to look exactly the same as they did in their movies ... so to bring Ifans (or Church) back for such a brief scene only to heavly CG de-age or make them up to make him look that way again (gained he didn't require as much de-aging as Ock or Goblin) but they had more meaty roles

on a side note: seems like a missed opportunity to not have Tobey mention his Dr. Connors, would have been interesting to find out rather the {Dylan Baker}Connors of his universe ever became the lizard

Last edited:
I’m fine if we never see MCU versions of the villains in this film except the Lizard. I really think we need an updated version of him and one that looks more menacing and dare I say, more dinosaur like.

I do wish he had more to do here, but I understand why his role was limited. I did like that his eyes looked more reptilian in this compared to ASM.

As the artist said though. it wouldn't have worked for the story. It was never just a case of lets do it because we can, it was a case of whether the design made sense for the story.

Well the story is another story…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"