Young Justice or Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

glass-robot

Civilian
Reaction score
Sinse both series have enough episodes, what series do you like better.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Tighter writing and storytelling. Young Justice got too big and unwieldy. Way too many characters. Plus the lame timeskip.

Young Justice, feel more grounded and mature. Love the character development and moral issues within.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Tighter writing and storytelling. Young Justice got too big and unwieldy. Way too many characters. Plus the lame timeskip.

I pretty much agree.I love both shows,but I think YJ pulled the focus in one too many directions.

My only problems with 'Earth's Mightiest' were the character designs (didn't like 'em didn't really hate 'em) and towards the end some storylines needed a lot more time to breathe.
Still, it's the best small screen Avengers yet.
I like that 'Young Justice' builds towards something all season. Love the character designs.
That said, 'YJ' does stretch it a bit with all of the added characters.
I give 'Young Justice' the edge.

put my vote down for the Avengers...

Until the second half of the second season, where it all went to crap.

I vote Young Justice. Much more fleshed-out characters, a more interesting plot, and great action. Though it does have some characterization problems, especially in the second season, it is still exciting television.

Avengers is also pretty good. It had a great team, attractive art style, and some awesome interpretations of Marvel characters that were long overdue. However, it did start pretty weak with the mini-sodes, and again, the second half of the second season killed the momentum and promise brought upon after the Skrull arc.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for me. Even when the writing started to falter at random intervals in season 2 the characters were much more engaging and that kept me invested in the stories they set out to tell.

Young Justice was a show I wanted to like but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get emotionally invested in most of the characters (save Artemis and Aqualad and maybe Dick Grayson), and that made it hard to give a hoot about the show's big ambitious plot.

On this matter I will reserve judgement until "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION" is finished.

I agree on the idea that A: EMH screwed itself in Season 2 after the Skrull arc ended. That was an honest to goodness good story with a satisfying ending but then they append some nonsense just to include other characters and essentially did exactly what people complain about YJ - too many characters and lack of focus. And the rushed finale left a bad taste.

Young Justice has my vote since the characters are super interesting, the plot has LOTS of twists an turns and the overall show seems to be taking itself more seriously than EMH did. To be fair, they're aimed at different audience demographics but for my personal enjoyment, I vote Young Justice.

Until the second half of the second season, where it all went to crap.

No it didn't. More nonsense from the "I HATE JEPH LOEB" and "MOA" crowd.

I vote Young Justice. Much more fleshed-out characters, a more interesting plot, and great action. Though it does have some characterization problems, especially in the second season, it is still exciting television.

I found the cast was more fleshed out in Avengers since they had a more central cast and not a revolving cast of one million secondary and tertiary characters. They also fully establish the personal lives of many characters.

Avengers is also pretty good. It had a great team, attractive art style, and some awesome interpretations of Marvel characters that were long overdue. However, it did start pretty weak with the mini-sodes, and again, the second half of the second season killed the momentum and promise brought upon after the Skrull arc.

The mini-sodes were fantastic because they actually took the time to set up the main cast and conflicts that ran throughout the entire season.

Young Justice - racist and offensive characterization of Blue Beetle.

Little harsh calling it racist and offensive. Stereotypical, sure.
I actually like Blue. He wanted to do anything to avoid being the Earth's downfall and that, ironically for him, ended up being his undoing. Hoping for his redemption.

HAHAHAHAH.

Anyhow, Young Justice wins simply due to how Man of Action team ruined characters like Hank Pym and whatnot.

Little harsh calling it racist and offensive. Stereotypical, sure.
I actually like Blue. He wanted to do anything to avoid being the Earth's downfall and that, ironically for him, ended up being his undoing. Hoping for his redemption.

They did the same character much better justice in Brave and the Bold without all the racist Latin-American stereotypes.

HAHAHAHAH.

Anyhow, Young Justice wins simply due to how Man of Action team ruined characters like Hank Pym and whatnot.

That's BS. Pym's arc was great and is actually consistent with the comics.

That's fine, but racist is a strong word. I mean the only stereotypical thing he really does is say, "hermano" and, "ese".
That equals racist? Eh...

I will go with Young Justice. I loved the story and the character development,even though the creators may have gotten too carried away with adding so many characters. Although i think its an unfair comparison considering Young Justice still has 4 more episodes left to air.

No it didn't. More nonsense from the "I HATE JEPH LOEB" and "MOA" crowd.

No...it isn't?

Should I start dismissing your YJ complaints that way now?

I found the cast was more fleshed out in Avengers since they had a more central cast and not a revolving cast of one million secondary and tertiary characters. They also fully establish the personal lives of many characters.

So did YJ. Sure, some got developed than others, but there were still very fleshed out characters, and some were forced to confront dilemmas the characters of EMH didn't. The Skrull arc came pretty close, though.

The mini-sodes were fantastic because they actually took the time to set up the main cast and conflicts that ran throughout the entire season.

They don't hold up well as individual episodes, though. They made the narrative feel disjointed and odd. It's not until the Avengers get together than it starts to flow better, and it's not until "Gamma World" when the show smooths out its wrinkles.

While I have been a bit harsh on his characterization at first, he has long since stopped being defined by how he speaks or his ethnicity.

Furthermore, you're NOT in a position to declare what's racist (which is pretty harsh) and what's not. As a Mexican American myself, I don't view it that way. While I do cringe at some of the Spanish speech in his dialogue, he has shown far more character than that. I don't need you to decide what's offensive to my race or not for me. In fact, that attitude alone unintentionally comes off as a bit bigoted.

But I think I'll stop entertaining this desperate bit of self-defense. :cwink:

If I was asked to pick one to get another season I'd pick Avengers: EMH, but what I would really want it for both shows to get another season as I think both deserve it.

I´d say Young Justice hads better writing but Avengers has better characters (or ones that I like more at least).

I'm latin-american and don't feel offended at all. Like to see a little "racial variation", since DCU all men are white and theres a strange high number of redheads.

It's only fair to call it 'racist' if there's anything negative about the portrayal which I can not pick anything out. Definitely stereotypical, but like I said before, there are plenty of stereotypes in the show. Rocket for instance is pretty stereotypical for her demographic group just as Wonder Girl comes off as a tad 'dumb blonde' sometimes. However, none of them have anything negative or caricature about them so it's far from racist.

Back to EMH I agree that Hank Pym as Yellowjacket was a bother to me. It was overdone and made me hate his character by the end of the show just as I absolutely could not STAND Wasp from the very beginning.

And what do people have to say about EMH throwing in a billion characters in the last 10 or so episodes of the show and including them in the finale "just 'cause" although they served almost no purpose earlier.

I eagerly await Avengers Assemble but I kind of wish they didn't continue EMH through it. I'd be ok with retelling it a little. And what's the whole "retconning it to be part of the Ultimate Spiderman Universe" nonsense? That could end up being a mistake.

Ugh, don't get me started on Hank Pym. He was my favorite Avenger in Season 1, and "Yellowjacket" took that character and shoved it into a direction to where all the things I loved about Hank were destroyed. @_@

Avengers EMH.
I prefer Marvel heroes in EMH more than those in Young Justice.
The art style was less generic in EMH too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"