15 Minutes Your 15 minutes - sign up thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think perhaps these should be put on hold again...The threads are only getting like 2 pages each, so perhaps we need to give this thing some time before it is attempted to be resurrected again.

I tried guys :csad:

I honestly think it might just be a case of too many all at once. Why not just go back to the original format and not worry about the fact that is was delayed. When it gets to people's turn it gets there. I'm sure they can wait patiently

I'm not sure that's it either. Cause even the people answering questions seem less into it. Even in the first two days. Fewer people are asking questions period. Repeat questions may suffer from too many threads, but I would think they'd still post once in other threads.

Just seems like interest is low right now.

Yeah there was a few going at the same time previously. It's not going any faster than before. I think we have less people asking questions and more people just generally not interested.

Stop letting randoms no one cares about do it

Not my fault they signed up :cmad:

That's really kind of rude. If they signed up for it they get it. That's how it was started that's how it has been going.

Yeah there was a few going at the same time previously. It's not going any faster than before. I think we have less people asking questions and more people just generally not interested.

This is my observation as well. It just seems like interest isn't there. Perhaps we wait a while, and then ressurect it then with some of the more popular posters at first, then maybe it will catch on again.

But for now, best to lay low I think.

I think perhaps these should be put on hold again...The threads are only getting like 2 pages each, so perhaps we need to give this thing some time before it is attempted to be resurrected again.

I tried guys :csad:

Hey. Chin up. At least you gave it a go.

For reals, though...I'm with those who have said there's a bit of overkill with the 2-a-days. I think trying to squeeze too many people in at one time is what's making people lose interest in even poking their heads in the thread. Going about it how it was originally scheduled may do the trick as far as resurrecting it goes and if people don't want to wait then they can withdraw their names. Simple as that.

That's really kind of rude. If they signed up for it they get it. That's how it was started that's how it has been going.

It's not rude, its the truth

People don't want to ask questions to someone they've never interacted with before

ComicChick's wasn't THAT long ago and hers went on for days

We can try the 1 every two days like before (don't think it will work much, but it can be tried). However, I think we need a few popular posters to go now to get interest back. If anyone wants to volunteer to do it to get interest back, post in here and I'll throw a thread up for you.

I'm willing to put myself up on the cue in the next few to try and get interest (mine went for 10 pages, so I think I qualify). After a few popular people go, if they get interest back, we can resume the schedule as before.

Yeah but what usually happens is you inevitably when you have 2 posters going at the same time, one tends to be more popular thread than the other. But, now you aren't getting that much.

People don't want to ask questions to someone they've never interacted with before

That's practically the whole point of the 15 minutes. Why would you ask question to people you already know. The point is to ask questions and get to know the person. Both the asker and the askee have to play their part. If people see a new name and just go well I don't know that guy so I am not gonna ask questions then the thread doesn't go anywhere.

That's practically the whole point of the 15 minutes. Why would you ask question to people you already know. The point is to ask questions and get to know the person. Both the asker and the askee have to play their part. If people see a new name and just go well I don't know that guy so I am not gonna ask questions then the thread doesn't go anywhere.

When threads were going up as scheduled, even less popular people had more pages. I think a few popular ones will help the lesser known posters out. This is really my goal here. I want these people to get questions.

When threads were going up as scheduled, even less popular people had more pages. I think a few popular ones will help the lesser known posters out. This is really my goal here. I want these people to get questions.
I hear ya. I want it to work as well.

I hear ya. I want it to work as well.

Me too. Things like this, Survivor, and various other hype games/threads I think are great ways to try and get posters hesitant to get involved in the hype community involved, and I wish these people were getting more attention cause I remember how long it took me to get noticed by many on here :csad:

In all honesty, we've had 5 people who went 200 replies and more and only 10 who went 100 and more.

And we've had what 60 - 70 of these? :huh:

:nono:

That's not very nice Star. The whole point of the '15 minutes' are to ask questions to those you know, and to get to know those you do not know.

I've never interacted with you before, so you're a "random" to me.

The point is getting to know each other, not a popularity contest.

open mine back up :up:

is mine still on for 2day :csad:?

I can put your up if you want now :yay:

:nono:

That's not very nice Star. The whole point of the '15 minutes' are to ask questions to those you know, and to get to know those you do not know.

Agreed. This is something for everyone. However, as I've previously said, perhaps we should get a few big name posters to make it cool again. I think it helps the low level people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"