3. Iron Man
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Hellboy II
6. Narnia
7. Get Smart
8. Hancock
9. Star Treck
10. Punisher

Eh, usually by the end of the year, I've seen about 50 films or so (whether in theaters or on DVD), and this year, I've seen only half that. The summer was really bland, and nothing really grabbed my attention. But that's just me. Granted, I've missed a few films that looked really good, but I still feel like this was the worst year of the decade.

Did you see the movies i mentioned ?

People say that literally every year.

It seems mainly to stem from the fact that many expect their blockbusters to come with Godfather scripts.

Am I the only one who finds 2008 really underwhelming? Sure, there are small movies here and there...but there is no Transformers or Spider-Man. Where is the money shot of 2008? The closest thing it seems, would be Harry Potter.

Ugh, i hate Potter so no, this year was the land of the braindead buster, 2008 doesn't have a money maker the size of SM3 or TF but i think quality wise it's potential is massive.

I'm not sure many people will care about Indiana Jones. Fanboys do, but again, fanboys tend to over-estimate their own importance. I'd say Rambo's box office will be very telling as to how Indiana Jones will do. But I look for it taking in 150-170 domestically, if it has a GOOD run.

Rambo is an R rated character in a small budget action film, i don't think that will be any gauge, Indy is closer to Star Wars, there wasn't massive demand for remastered DVD sets of Rambo.

I thought this year was fantastic. But I guess I saw all the right movies. :)

1. The Dark Knight
2. Bond 22
3. Synecdoche, New York
4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
5. WALL-E
6. Revolutionary Road
7. Iron Man
8. Shutter Island (assuming it gets released next year)
9. Frost/ Nixon
10. Winged Creatures
11. Valkyrie
12. Ridley Scott's new movie
13. Wanted
14. Changeling
15. The Happening

I thought this year was fantastic. But I guess I saw all the right movies. :)

I thought it was a great year at the movies as well, I have only watched 3 movies which I didn't like, AVP:R, Spiderman 3, and Ghost Rider, other than that every movie I watched was good.

3:10 To Yuma, Eastern Promises, Sweeney Todd, Juno, No Country for old men, American Gangster, There Will be Blood, Gone Baby Gone, Into the Wild and Zodiac.

How was 2007 disappointing ? ppl keep saying that and it puzzles me, granted Ive not seen all these movies but the critical feedback and reviews on here from the posters suggest it's been an excellent year for cinema.

The best movies are the ones that don't get hyped years before their release. I found There Will be Blood, No Country for Old Men, Sweeney Todd and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead to crush every disappointing summer 'blockbuster' in terms of quality. 2007 was a good year for film.

1.The Dark Knight
2.Iron Man
3.Bond 22
4.Indiana Jones
5.Cloverfield
6.Hancock
7.Hellboy 2
8.The Incredible Hulk
9.Chronicles of Narnia: The Prince of Caspien
10.The Punisher: Warzone
11.Semi-Pro
12.Star Trek
13.Be Kind Rewind
14.Get Smart
15.10,000 BC

1. The Dark Knight
2. Indiana Jones
3. Iron Man
4. Cloverfield
5. Rambo
6. Jurassic Park IV?
7. The Incredible Hulk
8. Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
9. The Mummy 3
10. Wolverine
11. Bond 22
12. Speed Racer
13. Jumper
14. HellBoy 2
15. In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

Am I the only one who finds 2008 really underwhelming? Sure, there are small movies here and there...but there is no Transformers or Spider-Man. Where is the money shot of 2008? The closest thing it seems, would be Harry Potter.
ehh,thought TF was overrated,ya it made alot of money,but to me was overrated. Same with SM3 it made money just for the fact it was SM,again this was a disappointment. I think '08 will be okay there's alot solid movies thru out 2008,so it will be okay.

I'm not sure many people will care about Indiana Jones. Fanboys do, but again, fanboys tend to over-estimate their own importance. I'd say Rambo's box office will be very telling as to how Indiana Jones will do. But I look for it taking in 150-170 domestically, if it has a GOOD run.
Indiana has more than just 'fanboy' appeal,think it will do okay. There was alot of downtime from last one,this will either help or hurt its status. Rambo,to be honest I hope it does well,but its Rambo/stallone I'm not sure how the general public will take to it. Balboa had a good story,and I think a very good dialog,so hopefully Rambo will have the action.

Rambo is an R rated character in a small budget action film, i don't think that will be any gauge, Indy is closer to Star Wars, there wasn't massive demand for remastered DVD sets of Rambo.

I give you its a different situation, but if Rambo does well for an R rated movie, you can probably gauge how well Indy will do.

I give you its a different situation, but if Rambo does well for an R rated movie, you can probably gauge how well Indy will do.

They are aiming for very different audiences and Indy has stayed popular in the mainstream much longer than Rambo. Rambo is a gamble, the character is very much of the 80's, unlike Rocky there really isn't the sentimental underdog story that propelled that beloved character and made RB a success.

look at National Treasure and POTC, huge hits using the Indy formula, well the ace is back, so imagine what the same type of movie with an iconic character in it can achieve.

The Only movie I'm looking forward to is 'The Dark Knight'. I'm not really interested in anything else.

I'm shocked at how many ppl have The Punisher 2 on their lists. :huh:

The Incredible Hulk may leap up my list once i see a trailer but i am still pretty skeptical on that one for now, despite the cool first pics and Norton.

Is Shutter Island definitely out this year ?

The best movies are the ones that don't get hyped years before their release. I found There Will be Blood, No Country for Old Men, Sweeney Todd and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead to crush every disappointing summer 'blockbuster' in terms of quality. 2007 was a good year for film.

See to me i look for different things out of both, that's why i enjoy the different seasons of movies, something to keep variety fresh throughout the year.

I put Jurassic Park 4 on my list. Is that at all happening in 2008? Are they in pre-production?

I'm shocked at how many ppl have The Punisher 2 on their lists. :huh:

I thought the last Punisher was pretty good. Would've done a lot better $$$ wise if it hadn't went head to head with Kill Bill Vol 2.

Ray Stevenson was great in Rome hoping that carries over to the Warzone.

1)Midnight Meat Train
2)Hellraiser
3)Trick 'r Treat
4)The Orphanage
5)Cloverfield
6)Iron Man
7)Horton Hears a Who
8)Untraceable
9)Speed Racer
10)Wall-E
11)Wanted
12)The Dark Knight
13)Mamma Mia!
14)The Mummy 3
15)James Bond 22

1. The Dark Knight (I'd give my middle nut just to see it right now)
2. Cloverfield
3. Star Trek XI
4. Harry Potter HBP
5. Iron Man
6. Incredible Hulk
7. Speed Racer
8. Justice League: The New Frontier (DTV, but I dont care, still cant wait)
9. Indiana Jones
10. Bond 22
11. Jumper
12. Punisher
13. Hancock
14. Get Smart
15. Pathology

These are definites,I know that for me. These I KNOW I will watch at the cinema

1) Iron Man
2) The Dark Knight
3) The Incredible Hulk
4) The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
5) Wall-E
6) National Treasure 2: book of Secrets
7) Speed Racer

Others I look forward to - want to watch,but may not...might get them on DVD :oldrazz:

Wanted
Hancock
Sin City 2
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
Bond 22
Punisher: War Zone
Bolt
Cloverfield
Jumper

Ooops,that's 16 lol :p

Right now these are the movies i'm most anticipating for 2008;

Cloverfield