Your Family Still Treat You Like A Child?

Ghostvirus

Avenger
Reaction score
I just have to ask this, because I am going down to Florida to see some family in December, & was making arrangements with them, & they told me to take a flight that has no departure, because they were worried about my ability to make my connection.:dry:

I am 29 years old, but I feel as if my family still treats me like I am at best a teenager. & it isn't as if I haven't flown before. I have flown several times. I know the routine.

Anyway just sort of venting, & was wondering if anyone else gets that vibe from ther family.

My great grandmother doesn't know I'm an adult, nor are any of my cousins who are older than 20. Sad, really. But everyone else is cool about knowing I'm grown.

I just have to ask this, because I am going down to Florida to see some family in December, & was making arrangements with them, & they told me to take a flight that has no departure, because they were worried about my ability to make my connection.:dry:

I am 29 years old, but I feel as if my family still treats me like I am at best a teenager. & it isn't as if I haven't flown before. I have flown several times. I know the routine.

Anyway just sort of venting, & was wondering if anyone else gets that vibe from ther family.

Are you the youngest in the family? I am and I get it all the time. I'm 33 and married and when I told my mom that we were going to visit my in-laws for dinner, she said "Don't forget to say please and thank you!" I'm raising my own daughter now and they STILL think I'm an irresponsible air-headed teen. I don't think that'll ever end. If you're the "baby" of the family, the designation sometimes tends to stick.

You'll always be my little baby girl, Maximum_Carnage.
thinlove.gif

Maybe you all act like children?

I dont associate with my Aunts and Uncles anymore because of **** like that.
Its not that they treat me like a child in the same way you're getting treated,..Its just that,when it comes to the facts-If I know that I KNOW what I'm talking about and you dismiss me as being uninformed...when clearly its you thats uninformed..That just makes my blood boil.To me thats treating someone like a child in the worst way.
I havent had anything to do with any extended family(beyond my Brother and Sister and nieces) for almost 8 years

Maybe you all act like children?
Maybe their families are confused because they all have Wolverine busts on their mantles and drink coffee from Yoda mugs and camped out to see Transformers on opening day.
Could be.

Maybe their families are confused because they all have Wolverine busts on their mantles and drink coffee from Yoda mugs and camped out to see Transformers on opening day.
Could be.
The gulf that seperates me from acceptance
From this
otherland_vader_mug.jpg

To this
37404%20Dale%20Earnhardt%20Sculpted%20Mini-Mug%20Shotglass.jpg

That says, "I don't give a **** what my family thinks. Let's go to Hot Topic and pick up some Tim Burton groupies in vinyl bustiers.", to me.

I got it at a White Elephant party. :dry:

...and then you went home, set up a satin backdrop and took some pictures of it.

My mom is never going to stop thinking of me and my sister as kids. She still tries to dress us, tell us when our places are getting too filthy and need to be cleaned, and will ask us to check in if we're going out somewhere if she calls our respective places and we don't answer. I just disregard it for the most part, but humor her on occasion. Dad doesn't give a **** either way.

Are you the youngest in the family? I am and I get it all the time. I'm 33 and married and when I told my mom that we were going to visit my in-laws for dinner, she said "Don't forget to say please and thank you!" I'm raising my own daughter now and they STILL think I'm an irresponsible air-headed teen. I don't think that'll ever end. If you're the "baby" of the family, the designation sometimes tends to stick.

I am in the middle. Everybody but my second cousins are older than me.

You'll always be my little baby girl, Maximum_Carnage.
thinlove.gif

This is usually proceeded by rape.:dry:

You aren't going to rape me are you Wilhelm? Because I am pretty sure I will be doing the screaming.

I dont associate with my Aunts and Uncles anymore because of **** like that.
Its not that they treat me like a child in the same way you're getting treated,..Its just that,when it comes to the facts-If I know that I KNOW what I'm talking about and you dismiss me as being uninformed...when clearly its you thats uninformed..That just makes my blood boil.To me thats treating someone like a child in the worst way.
I havent had anything to do with any extended family(beyond my Brother and Sister and nieces) for almost 8 years

My mom, & her Partner are like that. Everytime we get to talking about Politics, or even just living in general. They always look at me like I am stupid when I have a differeing opinion.

You have the parents that can have a conversation with you about subjects like you're an equal, and you have those that will always have the viewpoint that since you're their kid, you will never be as worldly or knowledgeable as they are.

I don't really get the butt of this treatment too bad, but my father does tend to still treat me this way a bit . . . I just try to grin and bear it, and do things to make him realize I'm a grown man . . . he's coming around a bit more the past couple years though . . .

I was heading upstairs and my mom said ''make sure you brush your teeth'' I replied ''you want me to brush my teeth? FINE I'LL BRUSH THEM'' I brushed them until blood streamed down my chin. Last time she will tell me to brush my teeth:up:

I was heading upstairs and my mom said ''make sure you brush your teeth'' I replied ''you want me to brush my teeth? FINE I'LL BRUSH THEM'' I brushed them until blood streamed down my chin. Last time she will tell me to brush my teeth:up:
gingivitis2.jpg

Its called gingivitis son,....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"