World Your Favorite Spider-Man Animated Show

Funny how MTV's was basically a follow-up to Raimi's first Spider-Man and still managed to be much - much better when it comes to the writing of the characters. Most were actually charismatic instead of bland, and reminiscent from the comics.

So, MTV for me.

1. 90's Spider-Man: The Animated Series
2. The Spectacular Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man 60's
4. Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends
5. Spider-Man
6. Ultimate Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man: Unlimated
8. MTV's Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

Funny how MTV's was basically a follow-up to Raimi's first Spider-Man and still managed to be much - much better when it comes to the writing of the characters. Most were actually charismatic instead of bland, and reminiscent from the comics.

So, MTV for me.

I disagree 100% MTV's version of Spidey wasn't great. The format was too much like a music video animated 3D style. the only saving grace was the voice acting of Neil Patrick Harris as Peter Parker. Spectacular Spider-Man was more faithful to the classic era from Stan & Steve.

I disagree 100% MTV's version of Spidey wasn't great. The format was too much like a music video animated 3D style. the only saving grace was the voice acting of Neil Patrick Harris as Peter Parker. Spectacular Spider-Man was more faithful to the classic era from Stan & Steve.

Agreed. MTV show was bad.

Could you elaborate more? Cause your post is basically kindergarten "I like this, I don't like you." , I'm not sure what to say here.

The MTV show is great, is more mature and character driven and its easily better than the first season of SSM which as well done as it was, it was extremely repetitive and action heavy, the second season is where that show gets brilliant. I also thought it was cool that it was a follow up to the first Spider-Man movie.

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends will always hold a huge soft spot in my heart. I was a huge child of the 80's and this was right in my wheel house. From the crazy adventures to the narration by Stan Lee this Spidey animated series will always be special.

Coming up in a close second is the 90's Spider-man animated series from FOX. I was a teen and it was awesome to see Spidey get a good time slot for his show. Lots of great storylines as well and it ran for quite a while. I just remember the guy who did Peter's voice is the guy who played Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movie reboots.

Still between Spectacular and the two shows from the 80s. I know the 80s cartoons are hockey, but I can't dislike them, hope I always love them along with that 80s Hulk animated show.

Now we have a first season that started on the wrong foot and stayed tripping from the origin segment and the 14 episodes that followed, I enjoyed those less than I did the first season of USM (with the 'AWESOME' episode being an exception, that episode is just dreadful). Episodes 15-25 are pretty good, I was pleased to see them.

Spectacular. While I like a lot about the 1994 animated series and still feel the Alien Costume is probably one of its best arcs, one thing I like about Spectacular is the sense of sheer continuity and how much setup is done early in some episodes that pays off down the line.

Young Justice does this as well and while there's nothing wrong with one-off stories or the monster of the week, I like how much fuller the story of Spectacular feels when taking into account how much it sets up for a future payoff. Though admittedly, we don't get a lot of adaptations featuring Peter Parker as an adult, and that's still something I appreciate about the 1994 animated series, whereas many seem to want to keep him in that teenage phase.

Plus, Spectacular's theme is just too catchy.

For it's sheer value of it's place in my childhood (and heart) Spider-man and his Amazing Friends, goofy & camp but was my first animated introduction to the character beyond the 60's series.

Still between Spectacular and the two shows from the 80s. I know the 80s cartoons are hockey, .

JAUMGl3.jpg

Comparison-I prefer that the cast of TAS, though pretty big over its whole run, was relatively smaller and more focused compared to that of Spectacular.

TAS Main characters-Peter, Mary Jane, Felicia, Jameson, Kingpin and Smythe
Supporting/recurring-Flash, Harry, Robertson, Aunt May, Norman (seasons 1-3), Curt Connors, Eddie (Season 1), Morbius (Season 2), Debra (mostly season 2 and 4) and Madame Web (mostly season 3) and if she counts Aunt Anna.

And the only big non-villain characters that weren't included or had minimal time were Betty and Liz.

So big over time but compared to Spectacular from just its first season:
Main and supporting/recurring-Peter, Gwen, Harry, Mary Jane, Norman, Aunt May, Tombstone, Dr. Octopus, Flash, Sally, Eddie, Liz and Curt Connors.

While also including but giving minimal time to Jameson, Robertson, Betty and George Stacy.

I get that Spectacular chose to focus more on the school setting but I thought TAS had a better balance of Peter as hero, photographer and his personal/student life. Although I did like that, though not really recurring characters to the extent Dr. Octopus or Tombstone were, Spectacular Rhino and Sandman did appear before becoming supervillains and so had more background.

Last edited:
With Disney+ its time to watch Spiderman 90s cartoon again and I may watch a few other Spiderman cartoons that I have seen but not all the way threw yet.

The 90s Spidey cartoon is out of order on Disney+? They also appear to only have one season up at this time. Weird. Every other Spider-Man show is up in its entirety.

The 90s Spidey cartoon is out of order on Disney+? They also appear to only have one season up at this time. Weird. Every other Spider-Man show is up in its entirety.

I think its just day 1 bugs. I have heard a lot of shows are like out of order and also I think it has ever season but for some reason just says 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"