Your favourite movie review/commentary channels on Youtube

I tried getting into Cinemassacre but I don't think Mike and James are particularly good critical thinkers, and there is only so many times I can laugh at the same poop joke.

Digging deep into effects discussion is one of the finer areas of their commentary.

I've only seen their movie reviews or AVGN segments. I can't speak for their other stuff.

My favorites are Chris Stuckman, the Nostalgia Critic, and Cinemassacre (although the latter is better for videogames). The latter two are as much about entertainment as about discussing the actual film.

Red Letter Media and Double Toasted are probably the most brutally honest review channels. Comic Book Girl 19 is also good, she's a straight shooter about her likes and dislikes. Jenny Nicholson isn't really a reviewer per se but her commentaries on films is freaking hilarious.

Last edited:
MovieBob is pretty good too. Forgot about him.

Stuckmann, JeremyJahns (even though he’s a little spastic), flickpick and emergencyawesome

I recently realized that there is a severe lack of these kinds of channels with a female host.

Red Letter Media had a female on their segments, but she stopped doing the videos because redditors were making unnecessary and obscene comments. It was a personal choice she made, not because RLM is "sexist." I personally love RLM, probably my favorite YouTube channel. I tried giving Collider a chance but they're too much of a star wars sellout, and the video they made blasting Dan Aykroyd was disgusting.

Last edited:
Stuckmann, JeremyJahns (even though he’s a little spastic), flickpick and emergencyawesome

I can't stand his style on his own show, but just listen to him whenever he is on Collider.

Also I completely forgot to include Beyond The Trailer / Grace Randolph in my original post.

Last edited:
Double Toasted
Mark Kermode
Fanboyflicks

Redlettermedia and Moviebob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member