Logan LOGAN - Early Reactions and Reviews Thread

Since when was Xavier selling more action figures then Cyclops in the 90s?

He was more popular back then as opposed to now. And alot of that has to do with where the films put the focus. Audiences who don't read X-Men never saw him as important and have nothing else to really show otherwise.

Last edited:
They're not interested in a love triangle. They're interested in the Logan/Jean relationship. Scott was essentially the romantic false lead.

And Logan didn't really have a reason to love her until Apocalypse.

In the original timeline Logan barely knew Jean and only loved her because that was in the comics.

You can tell that Singer realized how dumb that was and tried to fix it by having Jean be the one to set Logan free from Weapon X. Thus setting up his affection for her.

What they did with Cyclops in X-Men apocalypse was fine IMO, i don't feel he was wasted in that movie at all.

When it comes to the whole leader thing though i feel its a very superficial concern because honestly id rather watch this character grow and develop rather then just be given something because the comics say he has to have it since i seen that in X1 and i am fairly certain it didn't make him special or important.

The idea that being the leader makes you something special is very superficial, It would just be there to help fans sleep at night so they can dream of a comic panel on screen rather then make him anything particularly important.

They hinted at Scott eventually becoming a leader in the future.

The idea that being the leader makes you something special is very superficial, It would just be there to help fans sleep at night so they can dream of a comic panel on screen rather then make him anything particularly important.
Seriously, what the heck are you talking about? The excuses or side stepping from some of you are ridiculous.

Join a team without a leader and see how that works out.

I think I said and understood this as a 5 year old and it's still true or at least should be: Cyclops is the leader; Professor X is the boss.

Seriously, what the **** are you talking about? The excuses here are ridiculous.

Not at excuse at all, if there was a chance for cyclops to develop into the well formed leader allowing the character to grow from point A to point B so you can see what he was to what he become and how he become that then that gives people something to care about rather then make it out that if you just randomly make Cyclops the leader he would suddenly be the most important character in the franchise, its a superficial fanboy desire but it actually wouldn't benefit the character in terms of how the audience perceived him.

Not at excuse at all, if there was a chance for cyclops to develop into the leader allowing the character to grow from point A to point B so you can see what he was to what he become and how he become that then that gives people something to care about rather then make it out that if you just randomly make Cyclops the leader he would suddenly be the most important character in the franchise, its a superficial fanboy desire but it actually wouldn't benefit the character in terms of how the audience perceived him.

Of course it is. I don't give a **** if he's the most popular character in the franchise. I don't think anyone does.

But let the dude lead the X-Men, that is his role. That's hardly some superficial fanboy dream. This should be common sense for anyone making an X-Men film.

Last edited:
I think I said and understood this as a 5 year old and it's still true or at least should be: Cyclops is the leader; Professor X is the boss.

In the original run Professor X is referred to as the leader and gave orders to the team in battle via telepathy. They did became independent of him when he faked his death and Scott took charge.

Not at excuse at all, if there was a chance for cyclops to develop into the leader allowing the character to grow from point A to point B so you can see what he was to what he become and how he become that then that gives people something to care about rather then make it out that if you just randomly make Cyclops the leader he would suddenly be the most important character in the franchise, its a superficial fanboy desire but it actually wouldn't benefit the character in terms of how the audience perceived him.

I felt cyclops and Jean were equilvent in some ways in apocalypse to wolverine
and rogue in first X-Men.

the most important characters in Apocalypse were Xavier,Magneto,Cyclops,jean,Apocalypse,and Mystique.

as fan of films i will defend them but i have felt they could do more with Cyclops than they.i also agree with chris claremont cyclops was hurt in comics as character when he ran off on wife and son to go after jea.and let's say my oporion of cyclops in comics post unmerging with apocalypse has been even lower.

Jean chose Scott over Logan in X-Men 2 when she was repairing the jet. As far as I'm concerned the love triangle or whatever they tried to make happen ended there. It was only in X3 they brought it back by killing off Scott and having Logan say "I love you" to Jean when he kills her. Ugh. Jean never loved Logan, it was infatuation.

If only Singer stayed for X3 and X4, or Fox had waited the movie timeline would not be this messed up.

First Class was good especially after X3 and Origins but some stuff shouldn't have happened in it as well. I think they should have actually brought in Cain Marko as Charles' step-brother and his turn into a villain and joining Magneto, instead of making Raven his adopted sister? The **** was that about? I still don't understand why since it was never mentioned in the OT, at all.

I blame Kinberg too, did he not watch what X2 was setting up for? Whatever he wrote should not have happened. Seriously, honest to god. Kinberg.

In the original timeline Logan barely knew Jean and only loved her because that was in the comics.

You can tell that Singer realized how dumb that was and tried to fix it by having Jean be the one to set Logan free from Weapon X. Thus setting up his affection for her.

There was an attraction between Jean and Logan that started off in the first X-Men movie? :huh:

I don't give a **** if he's the most popular character in the franchise. But let the dude lead the X-Men, that is his role.

Personally id rather see him be more then just he is "the leader" because the comics say so since what makes characters interesting is often watching a character get from one place to another in their life in terms of development so i wouldn't actually want to pick out a random comic page and say this is what cyclops should be because actually no one will care about this caricature that would be so out of context on screen with a live action version of the character.

I am fairly certain we will see some growth in cyclops in the next movie, he probably won't be like the cyclops in like season 5 of the animated series where he is this fully formed developed character and honestly i think thats best he isn't going forward.

Last edited:
I am fairly certain we will see some growth in cyclops in the next movie, he probably won't be like the cyclops in like season 5 of the animated series where he is this fully formed developed character and honestly i think thats good, that is what is needed right now for the character.

There should be growth and development regardless.

I'll judge all this when the films out. But if it's taking place 10 years later, and another X-Men is calling the shots just because they are making some sort of effort to not make the leader of the X-Men a leader, people are gonna question it as they have for decades now and rightfully so.

It shouldn't take 30-40 years for him to lead other X-Men in battle.

Last edited:
Jean chose Scott over Logan in X-Men 2 when she was repairing the jet. As far as I'm concerned the love triangle or whatever they tried to make happen ended there. It was only in X3 they brought it back by killing off Scott and having Logan say "I love you" to Jean when he kills her. Ugh. Jean never loved Logan, it was infatuation.

If only Singer stayed for X3 and X4, or Fox had waited the movie timeline would not be this messed up.

First Class was good especially after X3 and Origins but some stuff shouldn't have happened in it as well. I think they should have actually brought in Cain Marko as Charles' step-brother and his turn into a villain and joining Magneto, instead of making Raven his adopted sister? The **** was that about? I still don't understand why since it was never mentioned in the OT, at all.

I blame Kinberg too, did he not watch what X2 was setting up for? Whatever he wrote should not have happened. Seriously, honest to god. Kinberg.
Yeah, Singer supposedly wanted to give greater focus to Scott for the sequel along with Jean as they somehow hint at space travel.

Rothman was just that petty.

Believe the 4chan recount or not: Vaughn pitched the First Class we have now, which integrates some of the origin stuff they already had scripts for.
Before that Kinberg pitched a more source accurate First Class after the studio came to him for an X4.

Last edited:

Funny enough i listened to an interview with david hayter who was gonna write Singers X3 a while ago and he talked little bit about the original idea for X3 and really all he talked about was what wolverines part was gonna be, there was gonna be a scene apparently with wolverine managing to get jean down on the floor but he couldn't kill her because he loves her.

He didn't mention anyone else at all, he just sounded like a big wolverine fan.

Last edited:
Yeah, Singer supposedly wanted to give greater focus to Scott for the sequel along with Jean as they somehow hint at space travel.

Rothman was just that petty.

Believe the 4chan recount or not: Vaughn pitched the First Class we have now, which integrates some of the origin stuff they already had scripts for.
Before that Kinberg pitched a more source accurate First Class after the studio came to him for an X4.

I still get goosebumps thinking about the X3 and X4 we almost got. sigh. One of the writers of X3 gave a good summary of sequences that was going to happen regarding Jean in Singer's X3. I'm sure you can still find it somewhere if you haven't. I think it was a podcast.

That ***** stain.

I know that the Magneto Origins nazi hunting plot was incorporated into FC and FC was meant to be a true origins movie for Jean, Scott and Hank. Overall I liked FC except for the Raven and Charles connection.

That was vaughn since he was the one who cast jones.

Plus he wanted him in dofp also.

Last edited:

Rogue VS Juggernaut :hmr:

I remember Anna Paquin had limited time because she was filming a movie called Margaret in 2005, and the release was delayed until 2011. Yes 2011, the same year FC was released. sigh. We could have gotten Paquin for more time but oh well.

It was singer who pitched FC, he told fox they couldnt do a proper FC movie unless they told the origins of charles and eric first and he then wrote the story for FC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"