your favourite movies and you

I think you are still developing your own unique taste in movies. But with some of these classics and popular movies you have made a good start. Tight fast movies but Godfather 2 shows you can have the patience for long ones.

Thanks, I am starting to love the whole idea of this thread :D

No particular order:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Pink Floyd's The Wall
Grandma's Boy
Old School
Batman Begins

Here this is the reason I haven't posted yet... This is jsut off the top of my head my favorite movies, how the **** do I whittle that down to 5!!?!
----
1. Brazil
2. Dr. Strangelove or How I Stop Caring and Love the Bomb
3. Once Upon Time in the West
4. A Face in the Crowd
5. Raging Bull
6. The Fly
7. Seven Samurai
8. Citizen Kane
9. Robocop
10. Petrified Forest
11. Alien
12. Transformers The Movie (Cartoon)
13. Rope
14. 2001 Space Odyessy
15. The Big Sleep
16. Lawerence of Arabia
17. Persona
18. Nights of Cabira
19. Sideways
---

If I had to

1. Rope
2. Seven Samurai
3. Brazil
4. Once Upon a Time in the West
5. Citizen Kane
6. Dr. Strangelove
7. Lawerence of Arabia
8. The Fly
9. Charlie Chaplin's City Lights
10. The Petrified Forest

Yeah, I just like Movies205 analyzing our choices. :D

In no particular order:

The Truman Show
Monsters, Inc.
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Batman Begins
Jaws

The Professional
Cast Away
Lost in Translation
Jurassic Park
Twister

At heart, you like characters in need of redemption and seeing the various way there redemption is brought about, and it's varying degrees of redemption. Lost in Translation is the story of a man who's dead inside, The Proffessional tells of a man who kills for a living being place in a situation of nurturing life, Jurrasic Park features a main character afraid to commit and disliking kids, and having a strong bond grow between him and the child in the most unusual of places. However admist this redemption you like a grandoise setting or conflict, aging movie star in a land he knows nothing of, dinosaurs brought to life, man trapped on an island, etc... However what's most integral to you is a good story and the visuals support that story.

1. Rope
2. Seven Samurai
3. Brazil
4. Once Upon a Time in the West
5. Citizen Kane
6. Dr. Strangelove
7. Lawerence of Arabia
8. The Fly

I'd say you have a good grounding in cinema, whilst generally from the western world, you have branched into the foreign world, and would most likely want to do moreso, yet means may not be there for the ends. Cinematography is important for you, however you'll gladly indulge in some narrative and performance for example, rope. You have yet to stray off the beaten path too much, due to such a large swathe of other material you wish you go through first. Early postmodernist work appeals to you, however you find current postmodernism not up to scratch, and becoming more fashionable rather than meaningful. You are drawn between style and substance and revel in the few instances that they meet. You like to keep pace with films in terms of editing styles and prefer things a little more brisk.:yay:

I can't do just 5...

1) Almost Famous
2) Goodfellas
3) Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
4) Fast Times At Ridgemont High
5) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
6) True Romance
7) Pulp Fiction
8) Who Framed Roger Rabbit
9) Wayne's World
10) The Wizard Of Oz

I'd say you have a good grounding in cinema, whilst generally from the western world, you have branched into the foreign world, and would most likely want to do moreso, yet means may not be there for the ends. Cinematography is important for you, however you'll gladly indulge in some narrative and performance for example, rope. You have yet to stray off the beaten path too much, due to such a large swathe of other material you wish you go through first. Early postmodernist work appeals to you, however you find current postmodernism not up to scratch, and becoming more fashionable rather than meaningful. You are drawn between style and substance and revel in the few instances that they meet. You like to keep pace with films in terms of editing styles and prefer things a little more brisk.:yay:

Very close, however I think what's most important to me is harmony. For example Citizen Kane has a wonderful story and cinematic techique that assists in telling that story. No part is more important than the other, however sometimes style can get by without the greatest of stories, ONce Upon a Time in the West, however even then there's a decent story. However I feel like I left off some other movies I love for instance Petrified Forest, Soylent Green, Chaplin's City Lights, Dr. CAligari, I am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang, For A better Tommorrow... Chirst too many movies too little time :(

Very close, however I think what's most important to me is harmony. For example Citizen Kane has a wonderful story and cinematic techique that assists in telling that story. No part is more important than the other, however sometimes style can get by without the greatest of stories, ONce Upon a Time in the West, however even then there's a decent story. However I feel like I left off some other movies I love for instance Petrified Forest, Soylent Green, Chaplin's City Lights, Dr. CAligari, I am a Fugitive From a Chain Gang, For A better Tommorrow... Chirst too many movies too little time :(

Yeah, my list(of ten:() will be up soon, but I think I get where you're coming from nicely enough. Citizen Kane often gets criticized for being too much style and being a masterclass in cinematics rather than a full narrative etc, however there is a narrative, not the greatest ever, but still decent, and the emptiness of the story mirrors the actual content to!

Welles is an inspiration of mine, Touch of evil made me ****:wow:

Every film I own:

Planet of the Apes (1968)
Chinatown (1974)
Jaws (1975)
Taxi Driver (1976)
Raiders of the lost Arc (1981)
The Breakfast Club (1985)
Ferris Buellers Day Off (1986)
Lethal Weapon (1987)
Predator (1987)
The Lost Boys (1987)
Die Hard (1988)
Midnight Run (1988)
Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
Goodfellas (1990)
Jurassic Park (1993)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
LA Confidential (1997)
Memento (2000)
BATMAN BEGINS (2005)

Alien,Aliens, Alien 3

In each of the 6 movies you bolded there one clear constant the presense of bad-ass main character. You enjoy movies that present us with larger than life characters, that you would not normally meet in real life. In some way they are cathartic in that we live out our fantasies through these men/women who would do things we could never dream of doing. In addition to this, you appriciate a good deal of action for your hero or heroine, your in it more for the spectacle however the spectacle won't truely be satisfactory without some type of story for you to bite into, so in the end, your a fan of the 80s cinema.

At heart, you like characters in need of redemption and seeing the various way there redemption is brought about, and it's varying degrees of redemption. Lost in Translation is the story of a man who's dead inside, The Proffessional tells of a man who kills for a living being place in a situation of nurturing life, Jurrasic Park features a main character afraid to commit and disliking kids, and having a strong bond grow between him and the child in the most unusual of places. However admist this redemption you like a grandoise setting or conflict, aging movie star in a land he knows nothing of, dinosaurs brought to life, man trapped on an island, etc... However what's most integral to you is a good story and the visuals support that story.

:wow: all true facts!

Casablanca
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Princess Bride
Return of the Jedi
The Godfather Part 1

Grandoise is the word to describe your movie taste, setting is integral to you. Why bother watching a movie about new york, or even worse a nondescript american town, you see that every day. You want to be taken to far-off distant lands, fiction or factual, and see different cultures you'd never see in a million years whether it be teh Jedi Order or the Mafia. However being grandoise in scope isn't enoguh, it needs to have a strong story with good central characters, which bring to life these exotic settings.

Your avatar must be scanning our souls or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"