• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Your own batcave

Man-Thing said:
This comming from someone with the "I kid you not guy" from spiderman as his avatar on a Superhero/movie forum in which he has over 25,000 posts.

I mean seriously, is there anyone (with an emphasis on ANYONE) who has any legitimate justification on classifying things as "odd" from this website?..

I don't think so.

25,000 over 6 years :mad: At least I'm not one of those guys with 300 posts a day.

Matt said:
25,000 over 6 years :mad: At least I'm not one of those guys with 300 posts a day.

Wasn't trying to degrade you, we are all weird here.

A hidden, secret room sounds very cool. I'd like to do something similar if my wife and I ever build a house. Not in Batcave fashion, but I get what you're after. :up:

jag

Drakon said:
Silence, infidel! :cmad:

uglydog.jpg

So what kind of floor space are we talking about for this basement? How do you intend to hide the room? Are you going to put it next to the furnace/air conditioner and hot water heater?

Now you say that your sound proofing the basement. That makes hiding the enterance very easy. Hide the door behind a sound panel. And put an electric switch to open it on the under side of the bar. But you should have some kind of mechanical back-up on/near the door itself. The inside of said hidden door should have an obvious nob.

I just had a thought. Does this remind anyone else of that Austrian girl who was kidnapped and kept in a 'hidden cell' for the past ten years? :eek:

It's not gonna be sound proofing material like this..

sound_proofing_160px.jpg

It will R-30 Insulation overlapping the floor joists and wall studs, whereas normally it would be go between them. It will have sheetrock walls.

Matt said:
I just had a thought. Does this remind anyone else of that Austrian girl who was kidnapped and kept in a 'hidden cell' for the past ten years? :eek:

Only I will be keeping albino midgets.

Man-Thing said:
Only I will be keeping albino midgets.

At least Jonty will have a place to stay when he's in Tennessee. :o

jag

jaguarr said:
At least Jonty will have a place to stay when he's in Tennessee. :o

jag

jointy smells like cheese. He's not coming 10' around my house.

Man-Thing said:
but then it wouldn't be a secret, because the gameroom is gonna be about 600 sq. ft. The basement is going to be a full basement, so anyone with a brain would be able to see that the basement doesn't look as big as it should.

So- not pointless, but smart.:up:

I think the secrets out of the bag. you just told everybody at the hype. I don't why you'd want us to know, but not anybody else.

I personally thought this sounded really awesome and not nerdy at all, untill you said you wanted it to be a secret. there's no reason you can't show it off to guests. after all you said it's a novelty type of thing, and that you don't really think your batman.

Man-Thing said:
For the record, it will mostly consist of guns/ammo and a couple of safes.

Batman hates guns. You really should put that in a gun cabinet like upstairs or in a different room. Not the bat cave. Putting a gun collection in a bat cave would be like putting Osama Bin Laden's face on the American flag. Big NO NO!:batty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"