Your thoughts on Yoda using a lightsaber

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episodes I - III' started by pr0xyt0xin, Dec 7, 2014.

?

Do you like Yoda using a lightsaber?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Do not care either way.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sorath Registered

Actually not true. Read the book to Episode 3. In the book Yoda tells Qui-Gon that he was willing to become his student. Yoda was a great Jedi but even he had inherited the same flaws as the rest of the order.

The Jedi order by episode 1 are guided more by codes and rules then by the force. Qui-Gon was the exception to the rule. He allowed himself to be guided by the force more then by the code. This is the reason he was at odds with council.

Yoda was no different he held to the same code as rest of the order. Even he was flawed and he realized it by time he faced Palpatine. It's reason why at end of the Episode 3 he was willing to become Qui-Gon student. He was wise enough to realize that he still had much to learn.

When get to the original trilogy both Obi-Won and Yoda teach Luke to trust the force, to let it guide his actions. Do you know not once in the entire span of the new trilogy does any one say trust the force or that it guides a Jedi actions.

So no you are absolutely wrong and it's a common mistake among fans because they don't pay enough attention to the new trilogy. This partly Lucas fault. He wrong the new trilogy hoping that fans would dive beyond the story line and the hints and hidden means with in the movie. Problem is they didn't and much is lost in my honest opinion. It's why I like the new trilogy because it has a lot of depth that add to the over all saga.

2. HarryOsborn Registered

I disagree I really don't believe he did. I think he had some brilliant ideas but didn't fully realize the brilliance of his own thoughts and emotions. This is why he said in interviews around the release of attack of the clones "love for a Jedi is forbidden and because they (Anakin and Padme) give in their emotions they will pay the price". It's like he missed the whole point. In the original trilogy there were a lot of secondary writers who were able to fine tune his ideas and bring the brilliance and metaphor to the forefront. I believe a lot of fans who wanted to find a deeper greater meaning to the prequels (especially episodes II and III which are especially phoned in) simply did this job themselves.

As for Yoda using a lightsaber it seems out of character yes, but at the same time it makes sense and just improves on his character from the OT. Luke didn't think someone like Yoda could be a great warrior and it was proven that in fact he could. It do however think his fight with Dooku should have been cut and he should have only used his sabre against the Emperor in Episode III.

3. crapcom Registered

Yoda looks cute when he's using a lightsaber.

4. Link_Vinson Registered

I do not mind him using a Light-sabre, if anything it was always cool to see.

5. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

War does not make one great - Yoda

6. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    You must not have heard the latest edited version. "War does not make one great unless you can go CG and move like a squirrel on expresso." :o

7. Professor S Registered

I always found it laughable that Yoda went from doing full on acrobatics to his deathbed, all in a span of 25-30 years, at the ripe old age of 900. For us normal folks that's like rapidly aging in a matter of months. It felt, to me, about the same as shoehorning Boba Fett into the prequels; pure fan service with little advancement of the story.

8. Thoix Registered

I've always liked the fact Yoda fought with a lightsaber and find nothing wrong with the scenario(s) at all.