• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Shazam You're the chosen one!!!! The Official Shazam Wizard casting thread.

IMO the wizard needs to be an older actor (not a young one aged with CGi etc) capable of believably conveying the necessary wisdom and impartment of knowledge that only a true ancient would have.

He also needs to be intensely serious when needed (to play off the more outlandish and naive qualities of Billy Batson/Shazam).

Physically, my preference would be for slim build and, because most of his face is heavily bearded usually, striking/intense eyes which can tell a story themselves.

With all that in mind, my choice from the very first moment Shazam was rumoured to be in development has been Terence Stamp. The fact that he's a big part of the original Christopher Reeve Superman universe is a bonus, as this would essentially be a big cameo for him.

latest

Stamp also has a voice that really fits this kind of part.

IMO the wizard needs to be an older actor (not a young one aged with CGi etc) capable of believably conveying the necessary wisdom and impartment of knowledge that only a true ancient would have.

He also needs to be intensely serious when needed (to play off the more outlandish and naive qualities of Billy Batson/Shazam).

Physically, my preference would be for slim build and, because most of his face is heavily bearded usually, striking/intense eyes which can tell a story themselves.

With all that in mind, my choice from the very first moment Shazam was rumoured to be in development has been Terence Stamp. The fact that he's a big part of the original Christopher Reeve Superman universe is a bonus, as this would essentially be a big cameo for him.

latest

Great Suggestion ! :up:

Terrance Stamp for the Wizard Shazam

possible JL spoiler alert, click at own risk
idtkrizulluz.jpg
:hmm

christophwaltzdjangounchainedcomiccon4xee0n_o3w_x.jpg

Christoph Waltz anyone?

010LAR_Shaun_Toub_001.jpg

Shaun Toub?

AB88j3aA.jpg

If going for a Wizard with a humorous side... Aasif Mandvi?

0d5040370343f6c17cc53c2441d75088--movie-stars-famous-people.jpg

Ian Mcshane would make for a very droll Wizard.

John Kani... I really like him, even just from CW... Plus he's also South African... Beard him up and get it done, I say :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"