Youtube deletes more than 400 channels due to accusations of child exploitation

I'm sort of lost on this whole thing. YouTube deletes 400 channels because of child exploitation and now they're disabling comments on certain videos because...?

I don't know how many people YouTube employs to monitor comments or what they're paid, but surely one of them can come up with an algorithm that weeds out comments of a certain nature and then deletes them individually.

I'm sort of lost on this whole thing. YouTube deletes 400 channels because of child exploitation and now they're disabling comments on certain videos because...?

I don't know how many people YouTube employs to monitor comments or what they're paid, but surely one of them can come up with an algorithm that weeds out comments of a certain nature and then deletes them individually.
Because of what is being said in them. Usually in reference to children. No algorithm is honestly going to be perfect. There is always going to be collateral damage.

Maybe they need to turn off all commenting on all videos for a while until they can get it all under control.

Removing comments on YouTube videos permanently is actually probably a good idea. It's generally a cesspool of stupidity and facilitates little valuable interaction.

So what do they mean by child exploitation? What videos are they deleting?

So what do they mean by child exploitation? What videos are they deleting?

It's a combination of things. There were videos of kids clearly being forced to do videos. There were videos of adults playing cruel "pranks" on their kids. And then the videos that were designed to... groom kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"