Zack Snyder's "The Last Photograph"

you read it?

not doubting it since bale and penn dont attach themselves to crap usually

Yeah the script has been out since around 2009. It's a good script although it's on the heavy side. The story really just revolves around the two guys - Wallace (Bale) and Ethan (Penn). They need a good cinematographer for this since the places they go to are as important as the story.

Yeah the script has been out since around 2009. It's a good script although it's on the heavy side. The story really just revolves around the two guys - Wallace (Bale) and Ethan (Penn). They need a good cinematographer for this since the places they go to are as important as the story.
I nominate Robert Elswit.

I would be a happy camper if Elswit did this.

Don't know how this project managed to escape me. I am so in for this.

Snyder is underrated as an actors director IMHO, I mean he's created some very memorable characters and performances. Leonidas, Rorschach, Manhattan. There's no doubt Bale and Penn can bring something interesting to the table.

All versions of it dated to 2011, lol. And every version is still awesome.

Is this something Snyder can handle?

What kind of film is it? Drama? Action?

What are Bale and Penn;s characters like?

Expected rating?

With both Oplev and Bale out, it wouldn't surprise me if Penn drops out as well (no offense to Snyder of course).

I guess the thread title can be changed to Christian Bale untakes The Last Photograph

There were some significant changes.

It is very different from Zach Snyder's other films, it relies solely on character performance and moments.

I'd say it's a very serious action drama. Award season type film if done right.

Bale's character was a brooder, Penn's character is more the straight-laced family guy.

Possibly hard PG-13 to rated R, really depends on how it's shot and done.

Well I'm glad the script is good. I think there's plenty of talent out there to make it work.

They have to be careful making a movie about Afghanistan. The Kite Runner led to death threats to the actors and some of them had to leave Afghanistan. I really don't blame Afghans being sickened by Hollywood's portrayal of them. Since most movies after 2001 show them as murderous, pedophile savages.

Considering this movie has to do with the tribal areas, those people take their honor pretty seriously and if Hollywood simply portrays them as savages, they might take it out on Americans in Afghanistan.

Couple of day's late but thought this might be interesting. it will be good for Zack to get out of that massive blockbuster world for a bit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Zack Snyder is going from the epic world of DC superheroes to war-torn Afghanistan.

After wrapping Justice League, Snyder is not tackling Justice League 2, as was the initial plan, but rather is focusing his attention on his long-in-development thriller The Last Photograph.

Snyder concocted the story and his longtime colleague Kurt Johnstad wrote the script, which will get a sprucing up. In 2011, Christian Bale and Sean Penn were attached to star, but the project is now actorless. The plan, sources say, is to repackage the project and approach Warner Bros., where Snyder and his producing partner and wife Deborah Snyder have a first-look pact for their Cruel and Unusual Films banner, with the aim of having it shoot in late 2017.

Photograph centers on a war correspondent in Afghanistan who is the only one to survive an attack on a group of Americans. When a special ops soldier in search of a family member shows up, the two team up, with the correspondent hoping to score the story of his life.

First Nolan makes a war movie, now Snyder. Extremely excited for this.

Couple of day's late but thought this might be interesting. it will be good for Zack to get out of that massive blockbuster world for a bit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I've been reading some comments about this (although not really on this thread) and most people are assuming that it's going to be an action type of war film. It's not. At least in the version of the script floating around. This is more of a drama set in the war. You're not going to see massive battle scenes. Basically, it's about the journey of two men (the war photographer and the war veteran) to find the group (IIRC it was a tribe or something) responsible for the murder/raid of the veteran's family (I think sister and her family). So you're right in that sense that it's not a massive blockbuster type of film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"