Snyder's NOT a "visionary"

Notice that I said "creative VISUAL stylist".

And? That's supposed to cover him for an entire movie that turned to meh?

Sure, that opening and the montage were nice... but the problem is that he had a whole bunch of movie left and it went nowhere.

Id like to see how he does on a film that isn't an adaptation....I have no issue with the guy and I really don't get a lot of the internet hate he gets, because that's where Ive seen all criticism of him come from....the INTERNET

I want to see what he does with just a script....no comics, no GNs
Same here.:up:
Anyone who has seen the opening of Dawn of the Dead can tell that Snyder is a pretty creative visual stylist.
It's the best scene in the movie by far. I remember when the first 10 minutes were released on T.V. and I was astonished as the camera zoomed out to show the aerial view and all the chaos all over.
That was pretty great. :up:
What did he do with it afterward? Absolutely nothing but cliches.
Name a horror movie that has little to no cliches.:whatever:

Name a horror movie that has little to no cliches.:whatever:

Name where I said that a movie shouldn't have any cliches in it. :whatever:

And the response of cliche is to someone saying that Snyder did something creative with the start of Dawn... and I was pointing out that it was too bad the rest was just cliches.

And? That's supposed to cover him for an entire movie that turned to meh?

Sure, that opening and the montage were nice... but the problem is that he had a whole bunch of movie left and it went nowhere.

Well, if he had written the script I could criticize his use of "cliches", or the film's downward trajectory, but he didn't.

What he did was take an okay script, and an over-used concept, and turn it into a consistently interesting and/or dynamic looking film. His eye for visuals is what gave the film its quality.

Lets remember that it was his first feature film, and that he had limited input on the film's subject matter and story.

Well, if he had written the script I could criticize his use of "cliches", or the film's downward trajectory, but he didn't.

What he did was take an okay script, and an over-used concept, and turn it into a consistently interesting and/or dynamic looking film. His eye for visuals is what gave the film its quality.

Lets remember that it was his first feature film, and that he had limited input on the film's subject matter and story.

If anything the quality came from the bam-bam-action, like a video game.

I don't think Dawn of the Dead was good in any way, mainly because of the dialogue and cliche characters, but it still is worth watching. I enjoy a camptastic Zombie movie every once in awhile but in no way is it on par with 28 Days Later or Shaun of the Dead.

I don't think Dawn of the Dead was good in any way, mainly because of the dialogue and cliche characters, but it still is worth watching. I enjoy a camptastic Zombie movie every once in awhile but in no way is it on par with 28 Days Later or Shaun of the Dead.

I agree, however I don't think DotD is that awful. I'd rank it a 3/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"