Zodiac

Herr Logan said:
Eh, I'm desperately trying to avoid thinking about how crappy life is at the moment, so when perusing the "new posts" page, I'll click on anything that looks interesting, and serial killers are an interest of mine.

The creepiest thing about the book, for me, is that the police had several suspects and they did encounter them, but although they fit the profile, there was no solid proof and no one was even tried, much less convicted. If you really get into it, it's almost like you're there, matching evidence and profiles against the person who you're close enough to actually speak to in his place of business and whose home you've investigated. The idea that someone this driven, starved for attention and skilled in violent acts could be anyone that possesses certain characteristics and yet even the most likely suspects don't get charged and convicted is pretty frightening when you think about it.

:wolverine

sorry to hear things are crap right now man:( .The book sounds very interesting i think i'll pick it up i like this sort of story.I remember you saying you study criminology so i can see why this would interest you.I got a link here that covers the killings in more detail that might answer your questions.
http://www.zodiackiller.com/

btw i got a copy of Essentials spiderman and the origianal Secret wars TPB's yesterday:up:

hunter rider said:
sorry to hear things are crap right now man:( .The book sounds very interesting i think i'll pick it up i like this sort of story.I remember you saying you study criminology so i can see why this would interest you.I got a link here that covers the killings in more detail that might answer your questions.
http://www.zodiackiller.com/

btw i got a copy of Essentials spiderman and the origianal Secret wars TPB's yesterday:up:

Thanks, man, I appreciate that. :)

I hope you enjoy the Essential Spider-Man volume. If it doesn't seem all that great from the beginning, keep reading, it gets better. I myself have not read Secret Wars, but I'd like to at some point.

Herr Logan said:
Thanks, man, I appreciate that. :)

I hope you enjoy the Essential Spider-Man volume. If it doesn't seem all that great from the beginning, keep reading, it gets better. I myself have not read Secret Wars, but I'd like to at some point.

your welcome:up:
The volume i bought was 5(i know not the best one) but it was the only one they had so i thought i'd try it.As for secret wars it is the original Jim Shooter version from 1984,i couldn't believe my luck when i saw they had it:D

very disorienting to want to talk about the Zodiac killer and read these posts.

hunter rider said:
your welcome:up:
The volume i bought was 5(i know not the best one) but it was the only one they had so i thought i'd try it.As for secret wars it is the original Jim Shooter version from 1984,i couldn't believe my luck when i saw they had it:D

I think I didn't end up buying volume five because I read a lot of it in a book store already and I think I have a bunch of those issues on my computer from Donald Thomas' site. I hope you enjoy it.

Source: Variety
May 9, 2005

Former ER star Anthony Edwards (The Forgotten) has joined the cast of Paramount and Warner Bros.' serial-killer thriller Zodiac, to be directed by David Fincher, reports Variety.

Edwards will portray the partner of the lead police investigator on the case, played by Mark Ruffalo. Edwards' character suffers a nervous breakdown due to the assignment. Robert Downey Jr. and Jake Gyllenhaal also topline.

Production is scheduled to begin in August. Screenwriter Jamie Vanderbilt is adapting the film from Robert Graysmith's nonfiction novel "Zodiac" and 2002 sequel "Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America's Most Elusive Serial Killer Revealed."

http://www.latinoreview.com/interviews/mr-atkmzodiac.html

Mark's follow up film is not scheduled for release until next year. Zodiac is based on the infamous real events of the hunt for the serial killer.

(Just Like Heaven) takes place in San Francisco, are you going back to San Francisco for Zodiac?

Mark Ruffalo: Yeah I play Dave Toschi who is the head inspector for the SFPD.

How true to the events are you guys sticking to in the movie?

Mark Ruffalo: It's as true as I have ever seen a movie be to the actual events.

Is it close to the book?

Mark Ruffalo: The guy Robert Graysmith who wrote The Zodiac Unmasked. It's based a lot on his stuff but David Fincher has gone out and interviewed everybody, the cops and everyone had to sign off on the script. He has 2500 pounds of information, his murder book for it is, when we showed it to a SFPD detective, he said, "my god we couldn't even get that much information," which is why they never caught him cause the guy was killing on county lines so there were 5 different police...

Police stations? Mark Ruffalo: Yes, yes so there was no jurisdiction, so it was driving everyone crazy and it was really a mess so that's kind of what the movie was about.

First pictures:

dd_zodiac05025cg.jpg

dd_zodiac05090cg.jpg

Article:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/06/DDGP7F2IJK1.DTL

I'm extremely looking forward to this.

I'm still wondering how they're going to have his whole excecutioners outfit look.

Great find Cramine:up: ,this movie is shaping up nicely,Im surprised the budget is so high though
I like the fact they are using the same digital video format that was used on Collateral

Pics look great! Gyllenhall is going to be in some pretty good movies in the coming year!

I heard Gary Oldman dropped out and was replaced with Brian Cox? Is this old or new news?

darkdonnie said:
I heard Gary Oldman dropped out and was replaced with Brian Cox? Is this old or new news?

what? I hope not. (Cox is a great actor but oldman is even better)

darkdonnie said:

Have you got a link ? i havent heard that:(

hunter rider said:
Have you got a link ? i havent heard that:(
I just read it over at IMDB, I know there not always credible. It was in the forums, guy said the name of the character that Oldman was playing will be replaced by Cox...character's name was Melvin Belli some lawyer the Zodiac killer wrote letters to

darkdonnie said:
I just read it over at IMDB, I know there not always credible. It was in the forums, guy said the name of the character that Oldman was playing will be replaced by Cox...character's name was Melvin Belli some lawyer the Zodiac killer wrote letters to

I havent sen that anywhere else,i hope it's not true

I don't see Oldman listed at IMDB...could have sworn he was listed before

I dont know if this is legit....

305poster.jpg

that looks really fake. I don't believe it's legit.

Let's hope it's better than that piece of crap we got from the dude who did Boogeyman. I'd have rather watched Carebears and Barney have dinner with Winnie the Pooh. It woulda had better dialogue and been scarier.

Drakon said:
Let's hope it's better than that piece of crap we got from the dude who did Boogeyman. I'd have rather watched Carebears and Barney have dinner with Winnie the Pooh. It woulda had better dialogue and been scarier.

What film was that ?

darkdonnie said:
The Hunt for the BTK Killer (TV movie)

Ah right,i still can't find out for sure whether Oldman is in or not:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"