‘24’: “Active Creative Discussions” Underway To Bring Back Iconic Drama Series On Fox

I just… think the time has passed.

Even looking past the content (will Jack return or will we have a new lead, the state of our country, etc.)… I think television, even broadcast TV, seems to have mostly moved past the whole 24 episodes a year model, and so much of what made this show special was that each season was a day. I’m not into the whole thing of “It’s 24… but, actually, it’s more like 13!”

Haven't they already attempted multiple revivals?

I just… think the time has passed.

Even looking past the content (will Jack return or will we have a new lead, the state of our country, etc.)… I think television, even broadcast TV, seems to have mostly moved past the whole 24 episodes a year model, and so much of what made this show special was that each season was a day. I’m not into the whole thing of “It’s 24… but, actually, it’s more like 13!”

Agreed. It kind of reminds of when Prison Break came back after years with that one season, and it just felt dated. I didn't even finish it. (And I stuck around for season 3 and 4) Also they tried the same thing with Heroes.

I used to love 24, but I wonder if it still holds up if you watch it today. I'm not so sure it does..

Kiefer Sutherland Talks Possibility Of Returning As 24’s Jack Bauer

Kiefer basically says hes up for it if he writers have a good idea to give him a proper send off. I think we deserve one final adventure for Jack. Live Another Day was very good but it never sat well with me how that series ended. Jack, our hero who saved the nation countless times sent away to a Russian prison to spend the rest of his days likely being tortured. I think Bauer deserves better than that. Not saying he should get a rosy happy ending but something with more closure.

I miss the days when a traitorous President was only fictional.

He was a great Nixon meets Pre-Racist In Thief analogue.

Him and Jean Smart played two of the best characters in S5, which is probably one of my favorite seasons of 24.

They were a terrific duo, and both played their roles fantastically. Definitely some of the better antagonists of 24.

Shocked to hear this on the news yesterday, had no idea she was unwell - very young age to pass. She was superb in 24 and made her character very memorable, as well as countless other shows she was in. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"