‘It Follows’ Sequel: Maika Monroe and Director David Robert Mitchell Reunite for ‘They Follow’

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score

David Robert Mitchell and Maika Monroe are reuniting on “They Follow,” a sequel to the 2014 cult horror hit, “It Follows.” Neon, the Oscar-winning studio behind “Parasite,” will co-produce the movie and release it domestically. The studio will introduce it to international buyers at this year’s American Film Market. Principal photography is set for 2024.

Mitchell returns as both writer and director for the sequel. Monroe will reprise her lead role of Jay Height from “It Follows.” The sequel reunites the filmmaking team with Neon CEO Tom Quinn. The indie executive’s previous company, Radius, released “It Follows” in theaters, where it grossed an impressive $15 million domestically on a shoe-string budget.

Good Fear Content will co-produce with Neon. Mitchell serves as a producer with Jake Weiner and Chris Bender of Good Fear Content, along with the original producers of “It Follows,” David Kaplan, Erik Rommesmo, Rebecca Green and Laura Smith.

ben-affleck-shocked.gif

A part of me rather they leave it alone since the first is so good, but I’m also curious how they could build on the mythology.

Wow, It Follows is one of the best horror films of the last decade. I'm not sure it really needs a sequel but if Mitchell and Monroe are returning then I'll be there too.
In the audience, not the movie. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter joked that the likes of Ben Shapiro would see the “They” in the title and start *****ing about pronouns.

Honestly, I’d say there’s about a 90% chance it happens by tomorrow morning.

Someone on Twitter joked that the likes of Ben Shapiro would see the “They” in the title and start *****ing about pronouns.

Honestly, I’d say there’s about a 90% chance it happens by tomorrow morning.

Lot of possibilites for further sequels for sure. :o

Or you could have a big twist:

It Unfollows

:)

I'm not sure what more they could do with this, but It Follows was one of my favorites the year it was released, so I'm interested.

That's my only concern at this point. They can't just do the same as the first movie. But I am sure they can come up with something.

It’s sort of a slasher mixed with entity/haunting. I think they’d be able to get creative with it and that’s exciting.

They seem to want to raise the scale in this, based on the title and caption. I think it works far better as a more personal threat, both because of the concept symbolism and the genre in general, but I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"