‘Resident Evil’ | Netflix Series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by James.B, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DarkKnight88 Registered

Word of caution, it gets much, much worse from there.

Lencho01, KaijuDude1992 and Iceman like this.
  2. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Aye I'm finding that out. I stopped watching the second one there. It was like they were trying to make up for the first film with fan service but had an absolute mare in how they adapted the setting and characters. It was like they were trolling tbh. Whatever Jill was in that film it wasn't her.

3. Teelie Jokerface

The Resident Evil movies are related only loosely to the game franchise. Outside the name of the series and a few token characters alongside zombies, it is pretty much it's own thing.

Watching it as a zombie movie, not a Resident Evil movie makes it easier to watch. But as above, they get progressively worse and worse until the last one which was a total waste of money, time, cast, crew, intelligence and everything else involved.

KaijuDude1992 and Iceman like this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Such a shame. I wish they had done things more faithfully. I was really hopeful when the first film was announced.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  5. DarkKnight88 Registered

The second one even fails at that. Didn’t they add some horrible strobe effect every time there were zombies? Like wtf?

6. Bruce Wayne Let's get nuts!

I like the first, third and fourth movies.

Everything else is ****e.

7. Teelie Jokerface

I don't remember exactly what happened there. At some point everything from 2 onwards sort of becomes a blur.

DarkShadow10 and Iceman like this.
  8. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I'm still pretty lenient on the first three movies and can enjoy them as mindless action films, but after Extinction it really took a turn for the worst IMO. Alice becoming so overpowered was ridiculous and took a lot of stakes out of those later movies and damn did they do the iconic videogame characters dirty, especially in Retribution. Man I really hope that new movie ends up being good, because it sounds promising so far.

Shinobi Shaw and DarkShadow10 like this.
  9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Same here. I actually have no idea which film is which, or if I’ve even seen them all.

10. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

My own theory is that the original Resident Evil movie was a case of "unrelated script". Someone had a pre-existing zombie-ish action movie script, they got the RE license, and then they clumsily retrofitted it.

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, it feels like that. Yeah hate the way valuable video game licenses are just wasted like this. FF: The Spirits Within is the worst offender I can think of.

12. Teelie Jokerface

They even had a Romero treatment they tossed out for this.

13. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Eh, Spirits Within really isn't the same thing. That movie, the franchise creator had total creative control, and Sakiguchi made exactly the Final Fantasy movie he wanted to make. Sure, it had fairly little to do with any of the games, but the games themselves had fairly little to do with each other.

It just wasn't actually good, because "film maker" and "video game maker" are not the same crafts, and also, it was waaay too expensive. But if anything it was the opposite flaw to these Resident Evil movies.

14. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Not even gonna lie, 12 year old me hated the first Resident Evil movie, I was like where the hell is Jill, Chris and Wesker, but I've grown to love it as the years gone by. I always liked how Alice is the one wearing a low cut red dress with her skin all out, but covered up Rain is the one who becomes zombie food.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh right. I didn’t realise the creator was behind it. Thanks for the info.

16. Neno_Kos Registered

that's what usually what happens with video game adaptations. they use licence as a name to sell it to their investors to make movie and then make money in cinema....they really dont care for making good adaptations