‘The Banana Splits’ Getting Rebooted... As A Horror Movie

But.. April fools isn't for another month.

4Dia.gif

I have a very hard time believing that whoever owns the rights to that show would agree to this.

I used to watch the show. My first thought was WTF? But this...

"In the film, a boy named Harley celebrates his birthday by attending a taping of the Banana Splits TV show with his family. But things take an unexpected turn — and the body count quickly rises”

makes me wanna see it! The thought of an 'unexpected turn' leading to any sort of body count at a Banana Splits taping has me! :funny:

Reactions: CJ
Not Surprising Not when we have things like Five Nights at Freddys

Again... Lidsville. There's your Sid and Marty Kroft horror franchise.

Well it’s a SyFy movie so expectations are loooooooow. However...what? The Kroffts are still doing kids shows, they recently had a Nick Jr. show with Ceaser Milan’s son that even brought back H.R. Pufnstuf. (I’m under 30, my mom just knew a lot about It that remember.) I wonder if in the end it won’t be an actual reboot, but inspired by those characters.

One banana, two banana, three banana GORE.

I just might actually buy that movie. I’m intrigued.

Just when I thought this timeline couldn’t get worse...

Well it’s not awful...actually it’s really awful, but I found it kind of enjoyable. Everyone who dies is an absolute a-hole, and there’s a lot of gore, with one or two creative kills. I think most people will hate it, but I thought it was an alright watch.

I do wonder if this really was the leftover script from when WB had the FNaF rights. There’s a fair bit of similarities. The animatronic shop was straight out of FNaF.

Stopped at my local Drug Mart to see if if could rent it bu they didn't have it :(

I actually quite enjoyed this. Yeah most of the characters weren't likable, but I thought the kills and the gore was pretty awesome, especially with so much of it being practical which is just so refreshing these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"