Animation “My Adventures with Superman” in the works at Max

Assuming that’s Jimmy Olsen holding the camera, looks like they took a page out of Supergirl and made Jimmy Olsen black again here. Definitely looks anime inspired which may be a turn-off to some who aren’t into that style. I’m kind of game for this. However, we really need animated series for DC characters who aren’t Batman and Superman.

A Wonder Woman and Flash cartoon show is long overdue, and should be something they should’ve done a long time ago. I’ll still check this one out though.

To be honest, I’m more excited about the new Batman series. I know we’ve had many Batman animated series in the past but the fact that it will be more noire based, on HBOMAX, and Reeves and Tim are producing has me excited. This Superman show has me more “meh” for some reason though...

I’m kind of digging the lighthearted, fun vibe and art style of that promo pic. Interested to see how this turns out.

Is it just me or does this scream Lois & Clark the animated version? If so it wouldn't be too bad because the first season of Lois and Clark was fun and romantic if not a bit silly.
As for Jimmy, well honestly why not bring in Ron Troupe (who is African American) instead of Olsen? This way you can give a minority character more of the spot light instead of changing the race of an existing one.

We've had a Black Jimmy Olsen on Supergirl for a few years, a Black Perry in The Snyderverse, a Black Lex on Superman and Lois, and a Black Zod on Krypton. This is nothing new.

Style looks pretty ugly. I am a big Superman fan so I think ill pass.

Full press release that details that creative team on this project:

E1wwSFwUYAIwace

As you can see, the creative team doesn’t seem to match the big names that are attached to Batman, but I like Invader Zim and Titans Go so this might prove to be a pleasant surprise.

I said this at the Batman thread but this Superman show look like what I wanted from these characters. It's a shame some are judging it harshly for its art style but that style leads itself to great fluid animation. The focus seems clear and Superman excels at relatable wholesome moments of humanity (something not just for kids!).

As long as it isnt a big kiddie fest and still has some mature moments to it...I'm cool with it.

It looks underwhelming. Not what I'm looking for in an animated Supes series...The art style alone is disappointing. He deserves better.

People **** on the Cal Arts style because it doesn't always appeal to adult fans but it suits Superman perfectly. This has the potential to be great and bring in a whole bunch of new Superman fans.

And I would argue that this isn't Cal Arts style.

A She-Ra alum is a good thing. A Voltron alum is worrying, but hopefully they learned a few things on what not to do. A Teen Titan Go alumn is just going to attract angry fanboys.

The art style looks great and the premise sounds fairly interesting, if standard. I’m excited.

This looks pretty good, not sure what issue many here have with the style other than the fact it looks a little more cartoony than what many here are accustomed to. Otherwise this looks totally appropriate for an all-ages Superman show and the premise sounds interesting.

Last edited:
I like the style, mainly because you can do so much more with the faces. You can some amazing good expressions, for a wide variety of emotions. It is also a style that really lends itself to fun storytelling. Batman is leaning in on the DARKNESS.

One sad thing about the designs is that I will be disappointed when Marcus Scribner (Bow from She-ra) isn't Jimmy.

v7bcgwoxg4071.png

Art wise, it looks like Totally Spies to me. This 2000s hybrid style created to compete with manga.
I personally don't really like it but it seems pretty well suited to the target audience.

I’m getting The Batman vibes (the animated series from 2005)

One of the comments on the front page in the article for this show made a very racist comment in regards to Lois Lane by replacing the L’s with R’s. Yeah.

*sigh*

Really wish I could climb through the screen and use my hands to give a new meaning to the phrase “FaceTime”.

Once again, **** the racist, misogynistic incel ****s in the front page comments and it’s comment section.

Art looks lame.Like "fan art" by some bluehaired Tumblr-person. Will definetly pass on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"