12 killed in Colorado shooting at Dark Knight Rises premiere - Part 3

Tough love. Sorry if you didn't like the answer, but I was trying to be honest. Anyway, you should keep going to premieres. Think of all the theaters in America and all the premieres and this has only happened once. There's no gaurantee this will happen again, but even if it did the chances of this happening to YOU are about as likely as you winning the lottery twice. Don't live your life in fear. Or at least fear more rational things, like cancer and car wrecks.

How do you kill 12 people but get 24 counts of first degree murder?

Just saw this question...

For each murder he is charged with one count of murder with deliberation and one count of murder with extreme difference, both are first degree murder charges therefore 2 charges per count equals 24....this is the prosecution wanting to give the jurors choices, but choices that lead to first degree murder.

It is the same with the 58 people wounded, there are 116 for those...again choices for the jurors.

I maintain that he is perfectly sane. But then, my personally opinion.

He's sane. He just doesn't want the death penalty and to sit in a regular prison.

Two years later he's finally convicted, yeesh.

Now he just needs to be sentenced.

What are the possible sentences? (I'm not from US)

Even if he gets the death penalty,
He might not die for fifteen years the appeal process being the way that is in this country.

Holmes didnt get death.
At least he will never get out.

Tough love. Sorry if you didn't like the answer, but I was trying to be honest. Anyway, you should keep going to premieres. Think of all the theaters in America and all the premieres and this has only happened once. There's no gaurantee this will happen again, but even if it did the chances of this happening to YOU are about as likely as you winning the lottery twice. Don't live your life in fear. Or at least fear more rational things, like cancer and car wrecks.

This was the first post I seen in this thread. What strange times we live in now.

I'm personally against the death penalty, but I certainly wouldn't have shed any tears if we gave it to Holmes. Although I feel like it does set a precedent...if he can't get the death penalty even after all he did, who can?

I'm personally against the death penalty, but I certainly wouldn't have shed any tears if we gave it to Holmes. Although I feel like it does set a precedent...if he can't get the death penalty even after all he did, who can?

No one! No one deserves the ****ing death penalty! It is completely wrong to take away someones life no matter what they have done. Life in prison is worse than the death penalty anyway.

No one! No one deserves the ****ing death penalty! It is completely wrong to take away someones life no matter what they have done.
This is why the death penalty is such a touchy subject.

I frankly am on the fence about it because while I don't think responding to murder with more murder, is morally right.

BUT at the same time I will confess...if it was MY loved one who was brutally murdered/gunned down by one of these maniacs...my tune would probably change very quickly.

I don't blame victims who want their loved ones killer sentenced to death.

I don't blame them at all.

It's a tricky tightrope to walk, and it's easy to sit back and say "an eye for an eye is wrong"...until it happens to you.

If it was YOUR mother, brother, wife, or child gunned down by this monster, you could seriously say you wouldn't want the b****** drawn and quartered?

No one! No one deserves the ****ing death penalty! It is completely wrong to take away someones life no matter what they have done. Life in prison is worse than the death penalty anyway.

I'm with you and am not arguing in favor of the death penalty at all, I'm just saying that I wonder if this will change anything. James Holmes acted as monstrous as I think any person possibly could in a such a short time frame, unless that person had access to a military or a ****ing atom bomb.

If he wasn't put to death by a court of law, I don't see how anyone else could get that sentence.

You need 12 people to agree to the death penalty .
That is a tough thing to accomplish.

Regal Theaters announce bag-check policy in response to recent shootings

Regal Theaters on their new policy:

Security issues have become a daily part of our lives in America. Regal Entertainment Group wants our customers and staff to feel comfortable and safe when visiting or working in our theatres. To ensure the safety of our guests and employees, backpacks and bags of any kind are subject to inspection prior to admission. We acknowledge that this procedure can cause some inconvenience and that it is not without flaws, but hope these are minor in comparison to increased safety.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/reg...ck-policy-in-response-to-recent-shootings-748

Im sure people are going to ***** and moan about how this is a violation of their rights even tho its not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"