School shooting in Conn. - Part 2

If anyone fits that description it's him. How would you feel if an unimaginable tragedy befell your family and then that became fodder for a bunch of online teenagers (or very sad adults) spreading evil rumors that you're secretly happy your loved one is dead (or perhaps you even orchestrated the death itself)? I was going extremely easy on him. The guy makes me sick to my stomach. If I get a warning or infraction for calling out someone like THAT, I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

We're supposed to be good little boys and girls here at the Hype! and interact without resorting to name calling. Doesn't matter if they deserve it or not.

Who are you, the hall monitor? :o

Well, if we ban the conspiracy crazies here, I guess I have to go back into the 911 thread and do the same.

We may totally disagree with them, and may look on with disgust, but I've had to do that with a few on here that had nothing to do with a conspiracy theory....they were just being jerks.

He has every right to talk about the conspiracies, and you guys have every right to put him on ignore. This isn't a "In memory of...." thread it is simply a thread for discussion of this topic, and unfortunately with many of these types of things, conspiracy theories are a part of it.

So, ignore is your best solution...

People will make conspiracy theories about anything. I agree with Kelly, it's best to just ignore, and move on, rather than risk a ban over something so stupid. Not too long ago in a political thread someone randomly said the bible was a guide to ethnic cleansing, and ranted on Christianity for utterly no reason. It angered me, but it wasn't worth getting banned arguing over it because it was so utterly asinine. So I ignored it, stayed out of the thread, and moved on.

As for the guy laughing, it's understandable. When my Grandma was on her deathbed, I spent hours by her side constantly tense. Something funny came up on a TV another patient was listening too, and I laughed. I saw her take her last breath, I was in a state of shock, and just stared silently. It wasn't until the nurse officially checked her pulse, and announced it I broke down. Even then, I held a lot of it in. It wasn't until I got home that it really sunk in, and I cried, and thought about her, prayed, ect. I got a lot of it out of my system that night. I was still depressed, and thought about it a lot, but didn't spend the next day crying the entire time.

My guess is that that father did cry his eyes out. During that news conference someone told him something funny, and he laughed. We all need a break from the sorrow during traumatic events or we'll completely drain ourselves. Then when he went to give his statement to the press, the weight of what he was about to say hit him, and the seriousness of it took over.

You don't have to be an actor to pull that off, just human. It's too easy for random people on the internet to set back and judge everyones actions in videos on youtube in slow-mo, and come up with crazy ideas about each facial twitch. It's another thing to be someone who just lost their child, have cameras shoved in their face, and be expected to give a few paragraphs to sum up what their child meant to them.

Well, if we ban the conspiracy crazies here, I guess I have to go back into the 911 thread and do the same.

We may totally disagree with them, and may look on with disgust, but I've had to do that with a few on here that had nothing to do with a conspiracy theory....they were just being jerks.

He has every right to talk about the conspiracies, and you guys have every right to put him on ignore. This isn't a "In memory of...." thread it is simply a thread for discussion of this topic, and unfortunately with many of these types of things, conspiracy theories are a part of it.

So, ignore is your best solution...

People will make conspiracy theories about anything. I agree with Kelly, it's best to just ignore, and move on, rather than risk a ban over something so stupid. Not too long ago in a political thread someone randomly said the bible was a guide to ethnic cleansing, and ranted on Christianity for utterly no reason. It angered me, but it wasn't worth getting banned arguing over it because it was so utterly asinine. So I ignored it, stayed out of the thread, and moved on.
I'm in this phase now with someone over Sandy Hook. The reason I'm so upset and troubled over it is because I really care about the girl and she's been fed all this wild government conspiracy stuff through this guy she's known much longer than me. It started with Sandy Hook which I thought was silly enough but branched out into all these other things that made me feel actually sorry for her. It's like I'm looking at a completely different person now and it sucks. :(

Another friend of mine who used to be a TA for an English teacher whose focus was conspiracy theories (so he's heard them all) told me the same thing you mention Kelly. He said you just have to try to let it go when you're dealing with these types of debates, no matter how wild & crazy they are it's best to step back and let it go.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with Questioning things?

If something seems off on many occurences it usually is.

Like how come it wasnt mentioned in the news that four people died around Kurt Cobains Supposed suicide?

Bassit from Hole quit the band and was quoted saying Courtney is going to literally kill me if i dont get away from her!"
She was found dead in her bathtub the day before she was to fly home to live with her mother and linked romanically to kurt.

A police officer shot to death while off duty days before stating he has incriminating evedence against Courtney Love. The murders were never caught.

The person hired by Courtney to kill kurt came clean about it next day was hit by a train.

The autopsy doctor who determined it was a suicide was a friend of courtneys in the 80's that did drugs with her, he was found dead after Kurts death.

Whats with all the deaths surrounding one guys supposed suicided? And how come i never heard about it on the news but on the internet until now?

If were not getting all the evidence and not shown everything I want people to Qustion EVERYTHING thoroughly even if they are wrong because they just may be right.

Who the hell is to say None of us has the right to?

The public deserves it especially if our rights are being taken from us or if someone is murdered.

At times i think there are plants on the internet telling people certain things are dumb or Great and it baffles me.

For gods sakes i was fired from audience work because a civilian heard me say i was here to work on a show as an audience member.
Tv wants to keep the lie alive when the truth is they hire ghetto people as puppets in all those shows you watch that manipulate you to buy and enjoy and believe in B.S things. Keeping stereo types alive makin people fear and hate certain things. Its frightening.

I dont trust a lot of things from what ive seen and witnessed people get paid to do its pretty disturbing. Its all for money and control.

Soo by all means let the Internet Question more and MORE.
Things need to change in this country.

Last edited:
because they're not allowed to put anything that isn't true on the internet.

Greg better watch out, the FBI are tracking his posts.

There's nothing wrong with questioning genuine events that don't add up factually with what was reported. It's another thing to be so paranoid you see conspiracies everywhere, or make up conspiracies to push your agenda. That man lost his daughter, and I'm sure is still deeply depressed over it. Yet certain individuals, either the "they're coming for our gun types", or genuine conspiracy nuts, want to say it never happened.

You have to think of the victims, and their families. Is it fair to falsely accuse a grieving father of acting, or knowingly letting his daughter die to push gun control? Is it fair to the 20 dead children to say they never were harmed? It's a disgusting act to make these claims, and hurts the families. I'm sure a few of them have ran across these stupid theories. How do you think that affects parents who just went through Christmas without their little boy, or girl?

To be fair, I also have the same problem with those who profit from tragedies. Earlier on I had pointed out how I thought it was disgusting that the gun used to kill these kids started flying off the shelves shortly after the tragedy. While arguing why I thought it was wrong that people hearing about 20 children dying thought, "I have to get that gun while I still can". I had 2 people argue that it wasn't bad as a lot of people were just doing it to mark it up in price, and profit off the paranoia of new gun control laws. That's still saying that you see the weapon used to kill 20 kids, and it's recent fame, as means to make a quick buck.

Some are too eager to use tragedies as podiums to push agendas. Others see tragedies as money makes. Conspiracy nuts inherently believe something has to be wrong, and search for any minute detail. While others see the topic of how to prevent it as an assault on their rights, and make the issue about themselves. Fighting tooth an nail to prevent any change. None of them think what their selfishness is doing to the victim's families, or the potential halt of future victims talks could bring.

I think it's funny that these conspiracy types always claim "QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!" but then blindly believe in faulty made YouTube videos that claims "CONSPIRACY" with some of the weakest evidence I've ever seen to support their baseless claims.

They believe any shoddily made video (so shoddy they usually misspell suspects' names) as long as it's paired to an ominous hip-hop soundtrack that gets the adrenaline going.

I don't call that a school shooting.

I call that a shooting at a school.

That sounds like an argument that got ugly, and some others got hurt as well. Could have happened anywhere. In fact, it probably does happen everyday outside of bars.

A school shooting is someone going to a school with the intent to shoot the place and people up.

Not trying to diminish the importance of the story, but the headline calling it a school shooting is just trying to draw in readers by making them think another 20 kids had been shot.

The kid clearly had underlying psychiatric issues which were ignored but once again watch all the scrutiny go towards the weapon used.

The kid clearly had underlying psychiatric issues which were ignored but once again watch all the scrutiny go towards the weapon used.

And it sounds like the parents didn't lock up their guns like they're supposed to.

And, somehow, this is going to be the fault of the guns.

Well, it's a question of killing capacity. Yes, the kid is a psychopath regardless. But the weapons he has access to, helps determine the body-count. Obviously a psycho with a knife or a .22 rifle is less dangerous than a psycho with an AR-15.

It's not a question of killing capacity. Otherwise, it's ok, as long as fewer people get hurt.

it's not ok. And banning guns isn't going to make it ok. You know what would have also kept the killing capacity down? The parents being responsible gun owners and keeping their stuff properly secured. Then he would have been forced to use the knife. Or maybe just burn the house down around his family.

See how focusing on killing capacity doesn't solve the underlying problem?

What would have been ok is this kid getting help before it happened.

It's not okay as long as fewer people get hurt or die, but it's obviously better. No law or ban will usher in a utopian society. And I agree that mental illness needs to be addressed more forcefully. But does that mean we can only address one thing? Guns designed for things other than hunting and self-defense should not be legal. Assault weapons like the AR-15 (and I'm speaking generally, not specifically referring to the most recent shooting) has no place in civilized society. We can protect the 2nd amendment without needing to protect the right to shoot hundreds of rounds per minute.

It's not okay as long as fewer people get hurt or die, but it's obviously better. No law or ban will usher in a utopian society. And I agree that mental illness needs to be addressed more forcefully. But does that mean we can only address one thing? Guns designed for things other than hunting and self-defense should not be legal. Assault weapons like the AR-15 (and I'm speaking generally, not specifically referring to the most recent shooting) has no place in civilized society. We can protect the 2nd amendment without needing to protect the right to shoot hundreds of rounds per minute.

Not at all, but I think that one will do more in the long run to stop these mass shootings than the other...I think a well rounded look is definitely needed.

But, we have tried all kinds of gun control over the years, including a ban on Assault Weapons (no matter it they are assault weapons, wrong word, etc....) it has been tried, and did not work. We need to really step back, step out of the box of rhetoric and emotion (on both sides of this issue) and really take a much closer look at mental health in this country.

On the New Mexico shooting, it says that the 15-year old kid was "frustrated with his mother." Seems highly likely that the Newtown kid was, too.

Sounds like Oedipus complexes are getting out of hand, in terms of violence. And no, I don't say that in a joking manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"