Not open for further replies.
What is your favourite movie?
What do you think of Frank Miller?
Which one do you prefer? Marvel or DC?
What's your email and password :D
Do you usually play video games?

Thanks for the questions Lord :woot:

What is your favourite movie?
It's a tie between Ghostbusters and Batman (1989)

What do you think of Frank Miller?
I think he's a character for sure. I really adore 'The Dark Knight Returns' and his Daredevil stuff. I averagely enjoyed DK Strikes Again and All-Star Batman and Robin. His Sin City stuff is great though, and that's really where he belongs.

Which one do you prefer? Marvel or DC?
If I were to judge it based on the hardcover books I have I'm about 60% DC and 40% Marvel. I also really enjoy "indie" stuff like Usagi Yojimbo, Black Hole, Bone, The Tick, Scud the Disposable Assassin.

What's your email and password :D
[email protected]
password: Lordismylovechild

;)

Do you usually play video games?
I don't really have time for video games with work, but the last thing I was playing semi-regularly was Mario Kart (Wii) and I played Arkham Asylum for all of an hour or two before my PS3 took a crap. I've yet to get it fixed. :cmad:

Congrats, you've been cast on MTV's the Real World! Which 6 Hype members would you pick to live in a house with you? Why?
Secret Fawful - we need a belligerent badger
Sensi - the voice of reason
El Payaso - so I have someone to agree with me regarding Batman
Boom - all around nice fella
Poni Boy - everyone needs a doppleganger
Doctor Jones - just so I can say "You call him Docta Jones!" when anyone disagrees with him

tumblr_lc738lDRh31qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

Favorite TV show?
Favorite animated TV show?
Favorite obscure film?
Biggest fear?
Favorite DC New 52 Comics?
Favorite books BESIDES Bone?
Can you show off some of your full collections here, such as your Bone collection?
Any hobbies?
Do you play musical instruments and if so, what ones?
Favorite actors?
Least favorite directors and actors?
Biggest guilty pleasures?
Biggest fetish?

Would you have recognized the Nolan Bane as Bane if no one had told you that's who it is supposed to be a year ago?

What is your favorite Christian Bale movie?

What is your favorite Michael Caine movie?

What is your favorite Gary Oldman movie?

What is your favorite Morgan Freeman movie?

What is your favorite Tom Hardy movie?

What is your favorite Anne Hathaway movie?

If the oppurtunity ever arose would you relocate away from New Zealand??

Do you follow sports, if so which?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

You mentioned that you're about "40 percent" Marvel and "60 percent" DC. Are you an Avengers fan? If so, have you seen the new trailer yet? What did you think of it?

Thank you for choosing me (Sensi - the voice of reason). I am honored. :)

You found a beautifully wrapped gift at your door.
Do you open it immediately?

It has no card.
Do you try to find out who it's from or wait until someone contacts you?

You unwrap it and look inside.
What is it?

If you can draw, what would you draw to hang on your wall in your bedroom?

What are your favorite lyrics?

Would you wish on a star?

Do you think it's too silly to still want to swing or see-saw?

Do you have a quiet place that makes you feel ok when you are down?

What do you find funny?

Do you consider yourself a kind person?

Do you get scared in the dark?

What's behind you?

Thanks Fawful!

Favorite TV show?
Seinfeld

Favorite animated TV show?
Batman TAS

Favorite obscure film?
Best In Show (is that obscure enough?)

Biggest fear?
Midget clowns

Favorite DC New 52 Comics?
Sadly, I don't purchase single issue comics anymore.

Favorite books BESIDES Bone?
Kingdom Come by Alex Ross and Mark Waid

Can you show off some of your full collections here, such as your Bone collection?
How about my Smurf collection! It's fun and mildly disturbing!
5797383251_63eef26a81_z.jpg

Any hobbies?
I used to collect CDs/LPs but I sold my entire collection about 3 years back and ever since then I've uh... not really picked up anything else. I suppose I like a lot of things though... comics, action figures, playing music, video games.

Do you play musical instruments and if so, what ones?
Guitar, bass, trombone, harmonica

Favorite actors?
Peter O'Toole, Bill Murray, Michael Keaton, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen, Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford, Jason Alexander, Martin Landau, James Cromwell, to name a few

Least favorite directors and actors?
The following directors aren't utter crap, but I generally dislike what they do... Michael Bay, Stephen Sommers, McG, Brett Ratner, Rob Cohen, David Goyer
Actors I don't particularly care for... Christian Bale, Casey & Ben Affleck, Jonah Hill, anybody in the Twilight series

Biggest guilty pleasures?
Playing board games. Taking a bubble bath.

Biggest fetish?
Peeing on people's shoes.

Thanks Marx!

Would you have recognized the Nolan Bane as Bane if no one had told you that's who it is supposed to be a year ago? I think so... hard to say. I remember buying the Knightfall issues when Batman broke his back.

What is your favorite Christian Bale movie? Equilibrium

What is your favorite Michael Caine movie? Get Carter or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

What is your favorite Gary Oldman movie? Leon

What is your favorite Morgan Freeman movie? The Shawshank Redemption

What is your favorite Tom Hardy movie? I only remember him from Layer Cake and Inception, so either of those

What is your favorite Anne Hathaway movie? Get Smart

You mentioned that you're about "40 percent" Marvel and "60 percent" DC. Are you an Avengers fan? If so, have you seen the new trailer yet? What did you think of it? I was never an Avengers fan growing up. Although I did buy Thor, and Iron Man books. I have seen the new trailer... my beef with Avengers is that I don't like Chris Evans as Cap. I think he was miscast, and I don't like his portrayal of the character. I think he's unlikeable, and I think Cap should be good and ego-less to a fault... like... Superman.

Thanks Duke!

If the oppurtunity ever arose would you relocate away from New Zealand??
I don't think so. My wife and I have considered moving to western Australia in a few years, and we've toyed with the idea of moving to America as well. Oz is more likely... but we'll see.

Do you follow sports, if so which?
I love watching rugby, although I don't play it.

Star Trek or Star Wars?
Star Wars edges out Trek for me. Though I do like this new Trek-reboot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Q's Sensi!

You found a beautifully wrapped gift at your door.
Do you open it immediately?
I put my ear to the box and listen for ticking first...

It has no card.
Do you try to find out who it's from or wait until someone contacts you?
... So I look about nervously and check the bush on the side of the driveway for my secret admirer...

You unwrap it and look inside.
What is it?
... finding polaroid photos of me, unconscious, wearing a magenta coloured leotard.

If you can draw, what would you draw to hang on your wall in your bedroom?
I can, but I wouldn't hang any of my own work in the house. I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. ;)

What are your favorite lyrics?
I am such a huge music fan... I could narrow this down to 10 different songs if I had to. One song that always moves me, though, is "Why" by Annie Lennox

Would you wish on a star?
I would, I have!

Do you think it's too silly to still want to swing or see-saw?
Of course not! I immediately get on the swings if I ever happen to be wandering past a playground.

Do you have a quiet place that makes you feel ok when you are down?
Sitting on the couch next to my missus. Also, I often like to walk downtown on my own to clear my head.

What do you find funny?
Physical comedy like Kramer from Seinfeld... The Muppet Show... Seeing people fall (I know, that's bad)... Neurotic behavior, like the kind that tries to understand why people behave the way they do (Larry David type stuff)

Do you consider yourself a kind person?
Definitely. Someone once described me as a guy "in touch with his feelings" :dry:

Do you get scared in the dark?
Sometimes, yeah. Usually after I watch scary movies.

What's behind you?
An empty desk next to a window

Do you dance? If so what dance is your specialty?

If an Octopus was your friend, would you eat him?

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to eat Ramen noodles every night?

Do you hate a certain celebrity for no good reason?

Thanks Libido!

Do you dance? If so what dance is your specialty?
I don't usually dance, I'm too whitebread for that. But when I do, look out!

tumblr_livh2uPI0T1qgmivlo1_500.gif

If an Octopus was your friend, would you eat him?
Nah, I tend not to eat creatures with more than 4 legs.

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to eat Ramen noodles every night?
No. And God have mercy on anyone that has.

Do you hate a certain celebrity for no good reason?
I don't hate anyone. Hate is a strong word. I don't think I have the capacity for it.

Do you find candy delicious?

What is your favorite Bill Murray movie?

What is your favorite Michael Keaton movie?

What is your favorite Christopher Lee movie?

What is your favorite Ian McKellan movie?

What is your favorite Liam Neeson movie?

What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?

That is your favorite Tom Hardy movie? I only remember him from Layer Cake and Inception, so either of those

You should check him out in Star Trek: Nemesis. :up:

You mentioned that you're about "40 percent" Marvel and "60 percent" DC. Are you an Avengers fan? If so, have you seen the new trailer yet? What did you think of it? I was never an Avengers fan growing up. Although I did buy Thor, and Iron Man books. I have seen the new trailer... my beef with Avengers is that I don't like Chris Evans as Cap. I think he was miscast, and I don't like his portrayal of the character. I think he's unlikeable, and I think Cap should be good and ego-less to a fault... like... Superman.

Who would you have liked to see as the new Captain America?

Thanks Marx!

What is your favorite Bill Murray movie?
Groundhog Day is pretty good, but of course I love him as Pete Venkman.

What is your favorite Michael Keaton movie?
Batman. Although I really liked him in Beetlejuice, and Multiplicity.

What is your favorite Christopher Lee movie?
The Wicker Man

What is your favorite Ian McKellan movie?
Apt Pupil, though he's amazing as Magneto and Gandalf of course ;)

What is your favorite Liam Neeson movie?
Rob Roy

What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?
Blade Runner. *sigh*... okay, maybe Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

You should check him out in Star Trek: Nemesis. :up:
Oh yes, I've seen that... didn't realize it was Hardy :wow:

Who would you have liked to see as the new Captain America?
I'm not really sure to be honest. Maybe Aaron Eckhart?

I don't know if this has already been asked, but why is your username Ponyboy?

I don't know if this has already been asked, but why is your username Ponyboy?

I don't think I ever told that story here. I'll try to tell it in truncated version:

Back in 2002 I was living in Orlando, Florida for a time. I had just moved into a flat with 2 other guys, and we got on quite well. These boys had a habit of throwing parties for any given thing. A few months later it was my 24th birthday and the guys decided it was a perfect excuse for one. Living at this flat was like living at Partytown Blvd or something... it was just... wild to say the least. Some of it I enjoyed, some of it I didn't, but I was still a young man and having a good time. My flatmates hired a DJ and handed out small posters advertising for the party. I've never seen or been to a party like that before, or since... there had to have been at least 150-200 people that came through (though not all at once). At any rate, before the party started I was already under the influence of certain substances. By the time the party was in full swing, I had pretty much lost my noggin and I've been told (by more than one person that this is what followed)...

Apparently I was trying to find a place in the house to go to the bathroom... I later complained that I "couldn't use mine" as some random couple were in there shagging. Evidently I got angry and decided to piss on one of the corner fenceposts of the backyard. I do have a vague memory of looking up at the stars. The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground, and one of my flatties and a friend of mine were picking me up off the ground laughing. They carried me through the crowd and set me down on this large sofa we had on the back patio area in-between a girl I didn't know and a guy I didn't know either. I do remember having a fairly sobering moment (you know when all of sudden you gain a grasp on reality again?) and I have no idea how long I sat there... but finally the girl to my left leans over and says "Honey, can you put your d*ck back in your pants already?" So I look down and there it is. When I stood up and put it back in, the 20 or 30 odd people that were standing outside all clapped their hands.

Well, that's the story. The next day the "events" of the party were discussed and re-told, I remember going to the salon and doing the "Billy Idol" thing to my hair that very day. When I got back from my course that night, my two flatmates and a few friends were there still discussing the party. They also said I deserved a nickname after my "performance." Evidently Ponyboy in The Outsiders died his hair blonde after he killed a kid, and I was told that I "killed that party" with my weener incident so somehow they tied that together with my new blonde hairdo and Brandon shouts... "You're Ponyboy! That's it! You're Ponyboy from now on!" Co-workers and friends who weren't even there picked up on it, and it just stuck. I couldn't get away from it.

Oh and one final note, remember the girl that told me my junk was hanging out? She ended up becoming my girlfriend for a time. Ahh, good times! ;)

Have you been following any of The Man of Steel news?

What do you think of Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman?

What are your thoughts on a red-haired Lois Lane?

Do you think Brandon Routh should have been given another chance as Superman?

Thanks Marx!

Have you been following any of The Man of Steel news?
Not particularly... just what I've seen on the Hype to be honest.

What do you think of Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman?
I think he's a better choice than Routh, in terms of physical appearance. Possibly a better actor too, though I cannot recall seeing him in anything.

What are your thoughts on a red-haired Lois Lane?
That doesn't bother me... wasn't Margot Kidder kind of a red-head? Though not a full-on ginger like Amy. I think she definitely has the talent and the energy for the part, unlike Kate Bosworth (who's okay) but I think played Lois wrong.

Do you think Brandon Routh should have been given another chance as Superman?
Nope. I like the guy well enough, seems like a great guy... but he played Superman (to me) a tad skewed. I think part of that is the fault of the script and the bulk of the blame definitely has to fall on Bryan Singer also. I don't feel that it's a proper Superman film because it's gloomy and the characters, in my opinion, are damn near unlikeable.

What did you think of Superman having a child in Superman Returns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"