2005-2006 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Equint77, Oct 4, 2005.

?

Of the Remaining teams, who will win the NBA TITLE?

1. Mavericks

2. Lakers

3. Clippers

4. Spurs

5. Pistons

6. Heat

7. Nets

8. Cavs

9. Wizards

10. Kings

11. Suns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Ludacris Registered

Media Pics from training camp:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Unthinkable Registered

Why are we even having this discussion? The Heat won't win the east, neither will New York. Its going to come down to Detroit and Indiana. Those two teams are too hardcore.

3. The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

heat/rockets final is my pick.

4. The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

because the heat were a healthy shaq away from the finals this year.

not only that but they've made some nice changes wheres the pistons have lost larry brown.

indy will be dangerous though, but the heat definitely have a very good shot.

5. Unthinkable Registered

They really aren't going to mesh, unless 'Toine can chill on the shooting random three's, and bad shots all together, and White Chocolate shows that he actually has skills beyond the hype. And they both are going to worry about the less shots. I'm not worried about NY at all really, Robinson is ill, but they don't have a real backbone defensively.

So Indiana/Detroit for Eastern. Spurs take the West, no contest.

6. The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

you've got to be kidding me.

the talent alone makes them favroites for the east and gp is always a SOLID pg. he may not be one of the best point guards like he used to be but he can still play and he's not a ball hog. walker isn't that good but he can definitely provide on the offensive side. it'll take awhile to mesh, yes, but the truth is a season is long and by the playoffs they should be fine.

as for the west, the spurs are certainly the favorites but i see an improved rockets team taking it. yao's had rest and he's been weight training. this should be his breakout year.

7. Unthinkable Registered

I never said the Heat weren't the favorites by most people. I'm just saying, I personally do not see them taking the East. It just like a overload, kinda like the Lakers a couple years ago. GP is only getting older. The Rockets taking it? Maybe, but Finley, Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Bowen? Too good.

8. The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

rockets and spurs match up very well, very well.

remember, houston's defense last year was rated pretty high.

9. Whack Arnolds Registered

You sure bout that? I thought he was reppin BK? That's what he said last year at the Rucker...

10. Whack Arnolds Registered

True, they traded the defensive back bones to PHO. White Chocolate ha sgame now...he learned alot under Hubie, he can control himself....it's the whining and b1tching of Toine that I am worried about. Allowing Dwyane to run the 2 at his natural position is only going to free him up and allow him to concentrate on scoring and not running the offense as well. Because believe it or not...thats one of the reasons they lost last year, cause they had no good ballhandler besides Wade. Jones was overrated and pumped up too much, all the dude can do is hit open J's, and he really isn't even as good as advertised with doing that. A back court of J Dub and D. Wade is going to tear the east apart. GP coming off the bench is icing on the cake. It's also scary cause Miami got even better at D and transition game with the players they picked up in FA. They can run the floor now. James Posey is underrated, cause the guy has game.

11. Super_Ludacris Registered

Nah the boy from Queesbridge, hence why Nas, Cormega and Mobb Deep used to shout him out in his Bulls

12. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

They have a good young core.. if Skiles doesn't push any of them away and Reinsdorf doesn't get cheap they should be able to keep all them in tact for years.

13. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I love Allan and he's been a great Knick but that picture should have had Channing and David Lee as well as Ariza... it should show NY's future.

Great pic though... I hope Nate gets his chance to show the league what we know he can do.

Not a knock on Q but he looks like Daman Wayans as Blank-man.

14. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

The slam-dunk king :up:

15. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I wish more players did what he did for Nique in the dunk contest..wear his jersey as a tribute and mean it. :up: :up:

That was awesome.

16. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

17. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

Charlie Ward has decided to retire...

I was never a fan of his in NY.... and I hated all the years he was our starting PG. His jumpshot was suspect... his decision making was sub par... he couldn't run the break for his mother and was just as useless in the halfcourt. He got owned regularly by quicker PG's.

Oh and it's his fault the Knicks lost to Miami in 1997.

18. Super_Ludacris Registered

Best Hiesman Trophy winner to never play pro football

19. Whack Arnolds Registered

My fault then, I must be thinking of someone else.

20. Whack Arnolds Registered

True. McNabb has game as a bballer as well...

21. Whack Arnolds Registered

I wouldn't go that far. :o

22. Super_Ludacris Registered

TO too

23. Whack Arnolds Registered

Houston is done for, as well as penny. They should trade them and pick up some defense. Ariza is going to be a player though.

Nate has so much G!! NY is going to love him, but maybe they won't since Larry Brown has a habit of not letting rookies play. Especially guards since he is the hardest on them. It's crazy to think Nate and JC went to the same high school.

Haha, that's the first thing I thought as well. :up: Since he is a former alumn of my school, and we see him from time to time, I may have to tell him this. LOL

24. Whack Arnolds Registered

If you wanna go with reciever's, hehe... Moss had game as well.

25. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I love Allan but I wish he'd retire this season.... if he plays well that just makes the team a bit deeper. Penny will be gone before the season. I'm not sure what Isiah will do or get for him but Hardaway will be gone before February.

Watching him play summer league... he won me over. Some players have that excitement they bring to the game. Nate has it. Players and coaches all went to Vegas just to see Nate play. I have a feeling he's gonna get PT with Brown. Nate was captain of his college team and has proven himself during his time in Washington.. not only that but I'm sure the summer league coaches have told LB how poised he was.

I'm glad Q is our SF now... hopefully he'll be a great fit in NY. :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.