2005-2006 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Equint77, Oct 4, 2005.

?

Of the Remaining teams, who will win the NBA TITLE?

1. Mavericks

2. Lakers

3. Clippers

4. Spurs

5. Pistons

6. Heat

7. Nets

8. Cavs

9. Wizards

10. Kings

11. Suns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whack Arnolds Registered

Of course he took the pressure off...but that is still no excuse for 5 rebounds a game for a starting center. You have to remember TC came off the bench last year. Eddy started the game. He had no defensive skills wat so ever, and was an atrocious rebounder. Even in HS he had went a game with out grabbing ONE rebound. That is pathetic for someone his size playing up against much smaller HS players. He always has been a lazy kid, that will never change. And when you're the building block for a new franchise, you can't afford your proposed "superstar" to be lazy. Chi got more out of the deal than NY.

2. JMT Registered

UH OH!!!!!!!
    Gilbert ARENNNAASSSS!!!!!!

3. Whack Arnolds Registered

And boy did I love seeing my guys take you down for 3 straight years, as MJ was dropping double nickels almost every other game on that Knick squad. :D

4. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

he scored 55 once against NY.. he abused Cleveland.

I hate to admit it but I preferred the Bulls of the early 90's to the later Bulls.

Paxson, Hodges, Stacy King, BJ Armstrong, Grant, Cartright, Pippen before he realized he wasn't the go to guy.

5. Whack Arnolds Registered

He dropped another game of 50 in one of those series... Let me go look it up. And by series I don't just mean the 1993 Conference finals. They also played NY in the second round in 1992 and won in 7 games, and they swept them in 1991 in the first round.

6. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

if it did it might have been game 7 of the 1992 playoffs

7. MakeMineMarvel Registered

In the end, I'll agree that we got more out of the deal than the Knickerbaby's, but I just don't want to see a 22 year old come back to haunt us.

8. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

it's a toss up... you guys are getting cap space next summer... and we're banking on Brown doing what Skiles, Cartright and Flloyd couldn't with Curry.

I don't think Curry wanted to be in Chicago anymore and forced them to make the deal.

And at first I was gonna say something about your Knickerbaby comment but it's actually true... they've got a young team.

9. MakeMineMarvel Registered

We're also probably going to snag your first round pick in '06 as well. Jermaine Jackson will get his walking papers shortly, AD will end up back in Chicago, and that will be the end of it.

... And yes, the Knicks are young.

10. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I think you guys get our 06 pick we got from SA.. and as well all know they're probably gonna go deep into the playoffs.. barring injury. So it's a loss but not one that would have killed had it been Charlotte or Atlanta.

I read the Knicks are gonna keep AD... but I'm not sure. His contract is up at the end of the year too so it would just make sense to keep him and pay him the year then let him walk and still pay him the year.

Jermaine was thrown in to balance out salaries.... I wasn't even away he was on the active roster.

11. Whack Arnolds Registered

My 2nd favorite player of all-time, and boy would I love to see him get back to the finals. (Notice the spider-man arm sleeve he is rockin)
    [​IMG]

12. Super_Ludacris Registered

That's kinda ill, we should all root for Iverson in some shape or form

13. Whack Arnolds Registered

"We Run New York" (feat Larry B, Starbury, JC, Penny, and Allan Houston):
    [​IMG]
    Melo:
    [​IMG]
    Kobe guarded by Scottie Pip:
    [​IMG]
    Yao and T-Mac:
    [​IMG]
    New Look Heat:
    [​IMG]
    GP aka "The Glove":
    [​IMG]

14. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

FEAR NOT! I HAVE ARRIVED! Ok, big deal, but what's an NBA thread without me right? Right...Ok, whatever. Anyway, you have to go with the Spurs this year. They took it last year and are only going to get better with the additions of Finley and Van Exel. I'm obviously rooting for Miami, but I don't know if I should be expecting a title from them with this revamped roster. I do believe they will be the 1 or 2 seed in the East though. Should be a good season either way.

15. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

Dwanye Wade's game should be illegal.

I don't say this often but he's one of the few players in the league I'm jealous doesn't play for NY. Him and LB are insane. God bless the NBA.

16. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

[​IMG]

those 3 on the break.. with Curry down low... scary.

17. MakeMineMarvel Registered

What's scary for the Knicks is that they won't get to have all those basketballs on the court at the same time. That's like a dream-sequence picture for those guys.

As far as the Spurs taking it all - only if much more isn't too much more. They have succeeded previously without the bevy of names that they currently have. Van Exel is gonna really press Parker for playing time and that could erupt, they're trying to deal Nesterovic quickly because they want to avoid the logjam of Duncan, Marks, Nazy and Oberto. Finley and Bowen will either be a great counterpunch or will have issues figuring out who should start. I trust Pop will handle things the way he always does, but all I'd guarantee is that there are no guarantees.

18. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I'm confident that Larry Brown will get these guys to play within the team. If he can handle Rasheed, Iverson and turn Billups into an actual Point Guard.. he shouldn't have trouble with anyone on the Knicks (knocks on wood).

Now with SA.... they just re-loaded without really reloading. Adding Finley and Van Exel just makes them even tougher to beat. Finley still has years in him and has never ever been a selfish player so he's a great fit for the Spurs.

Nick... he's a clutch shooter who's been in the league long enough to finally realize winning supercedes everything else. He's become another great addition to SA.

I won't be surprised if they repeat.

19. Super_Ludacris Registered

I don't know if anyone caught this cause it is a couple of days old but it seems like Amare's knee injury is getting a little worse. I hope this magnify into anythng serious :(
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2185365
    TUCSON, Ariz. -- The revamped Phoenix Suns locked up in an intrasquad scrimmage Saturday night in front of 7,688 spectators at the University of Arizona's McKale Center, still without the services of All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire.

Seven offseason acquisitions took the court for the Suns.

"The new guys came in and got an idea of our style," said Suns head coach Mike D'Antoni. "Their spacing was good and they're starting to get in a rhythm with running up and down the court. It's reassuring to see those guys filling their roles."

Just three players from the current roster -- Leandro Barbosa, Shawn Marion and Steve Nash -- were on the Phoenix roster for last season's training camp.

Meanwhile, Stoudemire's status remains in question as he continues to suffer from soreness in his left knee.

"It's the type of deal where he'll go see another doctor, get two or three opinions and then try to make the decision from there," D'Antoni said. "Hopefully that happens quick so we can get him back pretty soon."

Stoudemire, a 6-foot-10 power forward who played center for the Suns last season, signed a five-year, $73 million contract extension on Monday.

During Saturday's scrimmage, Shawn Marion led all scorers with 29 points, guiding his orange-uniformed crew back from a seven-point halftime deficit, to share an 83-83 tie.

"Everybody is still learning what each other can do out there," Marion said. "We're getting used to each other. I think you saw that tonight. But we still moved it aggressively."

Marion was flanked by 24 points from free-agent signee Raja Bell, usually known as a defensive expert.

Steve Nash directed the white-jerseyed Suns squad, racking up a double-double with 22 points and 11 assists.

Center Kurt Thomas, acquired in an offseason trade from New York, also notched a double-double, pulling down 11 rebounds and scoring 12 points

I hope dude is ok

20. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

it's amazing how one potential injury to your star player can completely change a season.

Amare is a monster... I also hope his injured knee is nothing serious.

21. Super_Ludacris Registered

For real, and I should know I'm a Penny Hardaway fan

22. Whack Arnolds Registered

Hell they made A.I.'s game illegal. When his cross was killing people on the court, the league had to ban it.

23. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

He was carrying the ball like crazy.. he'd cross over but would have the ball cuffed under his wrist.

And I meant illegal in a good way.... I read some sports writer describe his game as having no flaws... and the truth is he might be right.

24. Super_Ludacris Registered

It's the speed and toughness with AI, speed and toughness

25. Whack Arnolds Registered

Not really. The evolution of ballhandling evolved into that. Originally you could only have your hand on the top of the ball ala Bob Cousy. Most players today palm and "carry" when dribbiling regular. It was a situation of limiting A.I.'s game. Shortly after he broke Jordan off 2 times in the same play, it wasn't long after the league banned it. At the time he was the new look generation bad boy v.s. the golden boy image of the NBA in Jordan. I think that had more to do with it than anything. But if you call A.I.'s cross a carry.....everyone in the league carries, and on a consistant basis.

Yeah, D. Wade is my guy. But he does however have a weakness, and hopefully he gets better at it. And that is his long range game. If he could start efficentely hitting the 3, he'd be un-guardable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.